• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    There is a first for everything.....
    The way she soars in the giant empty field; so free, able to stop at any tree. The only eyes able to view her was the slave of Thrace. 

1 from 1 herd for 1 BQ year
    The way she soars in the giant empty field; so free, able to stop at any tree. The only eyes able to view her was the slave of Thrace. 

Empty Field- Golden Plains
    So free- Reference to New Romantics in the song by Taylor Swift titled New Romantics,"The best people in life are free"
    Slave of Thrace- Reference to Phaedrus

Blocking New Romantics from Phaedrus of Golden Plains

Quick question..... Can she save herself?
    A character cannot block themselves, someone else has to do it for them. But say you suspected it was a steal for yourself, then you can definitely alert someone else within your herd/kingdom. Also the rules state that no herd mare can block a steal for their herd. Hope this answers your question! Smile
    Slave of Thrace -- Phaedrus
    Empty field -- Golden Plains
    so free -- (variation of are free, Taylor Swift lyric) new romantics

Blocking New Romanitcs of the Golden Plains
    ~Valensia~Hestia~
    So sorry for the mix up everyone... I'm so lame Wink
    The way she soars (https://www.google.com/#q=besra besra means bird, birds fly) in the giant empty field; so free able to stop at any tree, the only eyes able to view her was the slave of Thrace. (google what are plains: Description a large area of flat land with few trees.--- http://www.behindthename.com/name/phaedrus phaedrus, a slave of Thrace)

Besra of the Golden Plains
    Success?
    Success
    I would like to ask why "soaring" is a good clue for "bird of prey" (that would be the exact definition of Besra- namely that, that is a particular breed of bird) especially since soaring can apply to any number of things. (I.e. pegasus, planes, bugs etc.). Just wondering. Thank you

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhst-002&p=besra
    ~Valensia~Hestia~
    Basically, I googled Besra, and pictures of eagle's came up, so you could put two and two together from there. It is not a strict definition though, and I admit, somewhat borderline as a valid clue. I had a hard time deciding.

If you want a second opinion, that would be totally fair. @[kahzie] is the steal queen, and could probably offer her insight.
    Thank you for explaining Kyra, I just felt that with the clue to the golden plains only being about plains and not golden plains, and then the soars, it seemed like a very criptic steal. I am not sure how much things have changed since the last time I dealt with a steal (about 5 years ago.) And it would be helpful to have a second opinion. <3 Its goign ito take me a bit to catch up with the changes and I appreciate your ability to put up with all my questions.
    ~Valensia~Hestia~