• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Everyone thinks I'm clever and brave (Any)

As she steps forward to greet the young mare, it apologizes. "Don't worry, I'm not much accustomed to this place myself," she offers with a nervous chuckle. This was not exactly the being she'd hoped to find on her first visit back to Beqanna, but nonetheless she was going to have to deal with the situation before her. The roan stranger greets the paint mare, but before she can offer a name of her own a strange breeze blows over them. Malka skin quivers as her tail is lifted away, but just as quickly as it came it is gone again.

A name comes forward and Malka smiles at a name that she can actually recognize. "That would make you from the Deserts than, if I'm not mistaken," she says easily. Vanquish had been in the Deserts when Malka had previously lived in the Jungle, and while she had often times casually kept up on those kinds of details - she definitely wasn't up on current monarchies. If Vol had said either of her parents' real names though, Malka would've immediately known her for what she was and probably would've been doing a happy dance around the child (much to both of their dismays!). Since she is forced to hide behind the foreign name though, Malka continues with their casual conversation.

Vol looks at Malka for a moment before speaking again. Malka's nose drops as she admires her own tattoo and a wry grin slips to her face. "At one point I was, but not currently," she says. It was just as much a mystery to Malka as to why she had not earned the slash of a traitor - maybe because she'd yet to join another kingdom? Malka watches the roan mare as her own ears flicker. She had settled down quite a bit and had even cocked her hind leg to take some weight off of it. As Malka watches, a shimmer of something appears on the roan's ear, but it is gone before Malka can verify it. There was definitely something strange about this child, but Malka did not want to pursue it - she'd seen time and time again the damage that could come from Beqanna magic!

Malka
    Immortal, Quetzal-shifting
    Mare of nowhere

HTML © Zariah
    Image by: CoyoteMange

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Everyone thinks I'm clever and brave (Any) - by Malka - 05-11-2016, 03:05 PM