• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Round 2- The First Impression
    Waking up, I was quickly and promptly alerted about the date soon, and realized I overslept. Quickly bathing, I soaked in the lovely perfumed water and washed myself thoroughly, feeling more refreshed than ever. I get up, and look myself over in the full-body mirror. I start to pick out clothing but as I open a drawer of dresses, two servants come in loaded with makeover gear, from brushes and clips to scissors and blades to makeup and then a plethora of dresses in every color I knew. "Quick! Choose two dresses. Then try each on and we'll make final choice. Quickly!" The taller one says, eyes nervous.
    I find a white dress with red and gold embroidery and pull it out of the first pile, and then I found a golden dress with white snowflakes lining the bottom, sleeves and bust for embroidery. I slip into the white one, and they tisk and pull it back off, then shove me into the golden one, murmuring approvingly. They finish tightening the dress and hurry me to a seat in front of a mirror, set on top of a table. They pile organized sets of makeup, hair equipment and perfumes onto it, taking the majority of the large table's top space and leaving only enough room for my elbows to rest.
    They start, one untangling a side of my head's hair, despite it already being perfectly groomed, and after five minutes of this, they dampen my hair and start to trim it; reshaping my sidebangs to play hide-and-seek with my left eye but still have beautiful curls. Cutting my near-waist length hair to just below the tips of my ears, it left my sidebangs slightly longer, curving my delicate facial features and making me appear more refined, poised, instead of the run-down girl I am inside.
    Next, they blush, even out the tone of, and pamper my face until it shines softly, and give a slight blue tint on my upper lids. They use lily and lilac perfumes on "scent points" for optimal effect. "This.. Thank you." I murmur softly as I look at the now-princess looking girl, whose eyes revealed it was myself but otherwise I could not recognize the beautiful, heavenly looking teenage girl in the mirror. "For the princess." The shorter, more lanky servant says happily.
    "Princess.." I murmur, amazed at the "compliment". I had forgotten all about the date, and choose the meadow near the stables, sending the servant rushing off again with the message. "Romantic birch and willow trees, horses frolicking and relaxing nearby, a peaceful meadow away from the noise of the palace." I say quietly to myself about the location, approaching it when I saw the prince, Francis, striding over from the opposite side. I gasp slightly at the prince, for I had only seen him as a small boy and as a baby - and even then only in photos or portraits. I didn't come to realize, to think, that he could be.. that he could have truly been so handsome.
    "My lady..." I hear softly, and look over towards the prince. "Prince." I say softly. We talk about interests, hobbies, and how the palace was so.. noisy and unnerving, everybody looking at you. How one wrong thing could ruin your position within royalty - especially if a prince or princess.
    We reached the end of the two hours, and a servant arrived to alert us as to the time. "Shall I see you again?" I ask quietly, as we are led back for the feast of elimination. As we open the heavy, wooden door, he stops abruptly as I simply open the door. Noise floods our ears, food our nostrils, and the dazzling inside overwhelming our eyes. "Wow." I murmur, and he nods. "Even better than before." He says quietly.
    [b](so sorry it's late, school schedule didn't allow me to post on time!)[b]
    NO WINTER LASTS FOREVER
    Blazed