• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

just stay away from the white light; birthing, go away

Just stay away from the white light. I'd say your worst side's your best side.
    Focus on the lesson, Ryss. Not on the patient way Pazuzu lets our son prod at his exposed muscles and explore, not on the way Tycho licks Pazuzu's wound just like he licked mine, not on the way Pazuzu slowly walks our little demon through exactly as much information as his newborn brain can manage. Which, come to think of it, is an incredible amount. When I was his age, I was doing almost nothing but nursing, napping, and frolicking. Tycho, though? Two complete dissections, and a third partial one to illustrate the differences between male and female, and he is still hanging on every word.

I'm just damn glad I didn't get volunteered for that task. Tiny beast was eying my belly after poring over Pazuzu's heart and lungs and nervous system and bones, and I just got him out of my body; I don't need him back in, peeling me open and exploring my insides. Though come to think of it, that might be kind of cool. Just...not immediately after I finally evicted him from his occupation of my uterus.

While I'm not as deeply absorbed in the instruction as little monster there, it is genuinely intriguing to see all our inner workings. Tycho listens with utter fascination as his father goes into the differences between male and female, gives him the sex talk, and then dresses back up in his sexy damn skin and declares the lesson over for the day. Tycho nods once, with a little silent snort of emphasis, then bumps his tiny nose against his father's shoulder in what looks like thanks. He licks the mark I left on Pazuzu's skin once more now that the skin is back in place, then ducks under my belly to nurse.

Without the buffer of a curious newborn between us, Pazuzu is beside me once again in an instant. His lips press against my cheek, and I can feel a smile growing there even if I can't see it. “I think he will, yes,” I agree, and my traitor of a body curls against him, skin tingling at every point of contact as I rub my cheek against the side of his neck. Shit, stop, control yourself, Ryss. Just hormones, remember? Don't breathe him in, don't sigh against his skin, don't run your lips along the line of his jaw even if they ache with wanting to brush against him. Oops. Too late.

Tycho finishes nursing and curls up for a nap, and thank god because cleaning him up is a distraction. My lips can't be all over Pazuzu's skin when I'm busy licking the blood off our little demon's face, out of his little scruff of a mane, out of his...ear? How? Well, I guess he was pretty much neck deep in animal insides. With a silent breath of laughter, I give him one last lick. He's passed out cold between my front legs, his eyes flickering as he dreams. Probably about anatomy.

“Thank you,” I murmur into his sky blue forelock, glancing over at Pazuzu. “For being here, for patching me up, and for...he seemed to really enjoy what you were teaching him, and apparently that means a lot to me. And I...am not trying to be all mushy and shit, okay? I know we've got that whole just-amazing-sex line drawn. I respect that. You don't have to worry. But I really appreciate...this.”

God, I want to touch him again. I want to curl back up against him, tuck my head under his chin, trail kisses down the line of his throat. Stupid baby hormones. That would be way too dangerous, with my heart fluttering like a drunken butterfly inside my chest. Because I don't just want another round of lightning and rolling thunder right now. I want his body wrapped around mine, holding me close; I want the beat of his heart in my ear, his scent mingling with mine, all sorts of things I've never wanted before.
    Just when you think that you're alright, I'm crawling out from the inside.
    Daeryssa
    of the restless heart

Messages In This Thread
    RE: just stay away from the white light; birthing, go away - by Daeryssa - 05-10-2016, 12:31 AM