• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

just stay away from the white light; birthing, go away

Chain of the demons set free, strange alchemy...
    Mother is correct. Climbing proves rather difficult, and my hooves struggle to hold onto the rough bark. There is enough traction that I can climb just to the edge of the boundaries she drew, though my motion causes the log to shift slightly and my heart to race in a most intriguing manner as I struggle to maintain my balance. Mother's nose touches lightly against me to steady me even as Father calls out to me. I raise my gaze to look at him, adjusting my body to keep the motion from setting the log to shifting again.

Oh, fascinating. His body transforms into a most curious creature, and I wonder briefly how questionable a decision it would be to leap to the ground to get a better look at him. I do not know how much force that would put my limbs under, however, nor do I yet trust my coordination enough to land such a move. It might be worth trying, however perhaps it would be wise to start with smaller jumps to see how my body responds to such activities.

The point quickly becomes moot anyhow, as Father climbs to meet me. Mother's stabilizing touch helps me maintain my stance as he limbs onto the log to join me. He offers me a new lesson if I allow him to assist me in descending the fallen tree, and I pause, tilting my head to study him and consider my options. Leaping seems unwise. I do not actually know how reverse works yet, though I suspect the footing would be more precarious and I would need to rely heavily on Mother's aid and luck to make it back to the ground. Or I could allow Father to help me, which would provide me with ample opportunity to investigate his new shape, and would also earn me an exciting and fascinating lesson.

I nod, of course. There are far more reasons to agree to this option, and the independence of attempting to make my own way down, while appealing, seems unlikely to work out in my favor. Father's strange face twists into a grin and he wraps strange appendages around me. Before I even adjust to the feel of the foreign grip, we are on the ground, having vanished from the surface of the tree and appeared just out of range should it fall.

Is this the lesson? It seems an extremely convenient skill to develop, if so. I do not, however, know how he accomplished it. I turn my head to catch his eye, then look around at our new surroundings, then back at him with my head tilted in query. I would very much like to learn how to perform such a feat, yes. I would also like to get a better look at the strange ape form he wears. I walk around him, examining the differences in the way he is now put together compared to our earlier anatomy lesson. As he invites Mother to join us, however, his body reverts to its original state.

I am about to blow out a rough breath of air, protesting the abrupt transition that cut short my investigation of ape anatomy, when his words sink in. Blow up the log? Oh. Oh, well then. That does sound significantly preferable to climbing it. Mother walks over to join us, pressing her lips to Father's shoulder. “Happily,” she murmurs against his skin, brushing her body against his as she turns to touch her nose to the spot just behind my withers. I bump my own against her shoulder, then skirt around her to stare eagerly up at Father.

His turn of phrase has my eyes narrowing in exasperation. What kind of simpleton does he take me for? Go boom indeed. Still, I am in fact quite eager to see such an explosion. So with an annoyed little snort at the infantile speech, I nod once and turn to watch, attention locked on the log I was so recently perched upon. “I think that's a yes,” Mother chimes in with a chuckle as she drapes her neck over Father's back and beckons me closer to his side.

I would much rather stand in front of him to get the best possible view, but I am already coming to recognize when the lines they draw are firm ones and when they are negotiable. The look in her eyes suggests this is not the time to insist, so I sidle up next to Father, creeping as far forward as they will allow and leaning against the solid pillar of his leg. Indulging an impulsive urge to express affection, I brush my nose against his shoulder before blowing out an impatient breath. Let the games begin.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: just stay away from the white light; birthing, go away - by Tycho - 05-16-2016, 11:19 PM