• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

what am I fighting for? birthing, any
    Morigan
    WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR? THERE MUST BE SOMETHING MORE. FOR ALL THESE WORDS I SING, DO YOU FEEL ANYTHING?
    It’s time. 

When the labour pains hit she hides away, finding a place in the forest where the trees are thick and she’s hidden from prying eyes. She’s nervous, but the whole process is surprisingly quick and easy, and in under an hour her foal is out in the world. 

Morigan is quick to her feet and rushes over to the child, moving to clean off the mess of birth. It’s immediately apparent that it’s a girl, and after a few quick licks the child’s colour becomes more clear. The girl is pitch black, tipped with a bright red mane and tail, and covered with a smattering of little bend-or-spots. Morigan smiles. Such a pretty little thing.

She nudges at the child, and the girl immediately tries to stand. Morigan chuckles as the girl falls over once, twice, before finally managing to keep her feet. The girl wobbles over to Morigan’s side, no doubt following the smell of food, and latches on to Morigan’s teat. “Oof! Gentle there!”

When the girl has drunk her fill, she takes a few steps away and falls over in the grass. The filly hiccups and lays down her head, eyes threatening to close. Morigan steps over to join her, purple spotted muzzle nuzzling at the red and black. “Merida. I’ll call you Merida.” She’s reminded for a moment of her younger brother when she’d first met him, though he’d been a bit older then. But she has the same instinct, the same need to protect. She hopes Ruan is alright, wherever he is. 

Her head pops up briefly, scanning the nearby trees. Archam and his mares have kept a respectful distance during the process, but she wouldn’t be surprised if one of them approaches now that it’s over. 
    SAID I'M OKAY, BUT I KNOW HOW TO LIE. YOU WERE ALL THAT I HAD, YOU WERE DELICATE AND HARD TO FIND.

all of us have a hero and a villain in us

It was definitely birthing season and a couple of his mares had already birthed this season, he was lucky to have had a filly and a colt with a couple more foals on the way. He found himself more on edge until all the mares of the herd had given birth, he tried to be there for all of them, so that they would have all the support they needed.

Today he was lingering around the herd as it was rather quiet, he supposed the mares were off keeping there foals secured. A familiar scent ran threw his nares, stress, sweat, and foal. A mare must be foaling! He was curious to who it was and as he drew near it was Morigan. Her foal was not his, and the two had only had little conversations with each other, he watched but kept his distance not wanting to step over any boundaries. He watched until the foal hit the ground and the mare cleaned the foal, and Morigan began to scan the area.

Slowly pondering over Archam found himself beside the two, the spotted mare and a black filly with a red mane and tail, surely no one could mistake this for Archams child. "A lovely filly you have Morigan, what is her name? he asked with a gentle tone, lowering his nose to the foal giving a sniff and gently nudging her. He backed up giving the mare and foal space hopeful that he did not overstep his boundaries by touching the foal.

archam

Morigan
    WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR? THERE MUST BE SOMETHING MORE. FOR ALL THESE WORDS I SING, DO YOU FEEL ANYTHING?
    It doesn’t take long for Archam to arrive. Within moments of little Merida’s eyes closing, the roan stallion appears and approaches. Morigan is surprised to at how quickly her protective instinct raises its head - her ears flick back and she nonchalantly takes her weight off one foot. But she shakes her head slightly and her ears flick up, though she keeps a close eye on Archam as he gives Merida a little sniff and nudge. She really has no need to be so cautious here, Archam has been a complete gentleman so far, and would really have no reason to object to the presence of a filly not of his blood in the herd (especially since he’d been aware of her pregnancy when inviting her to join him).

“Thank you Archam.” She inclines her head slightly, hoping that he hadn’t noticed her instinctive reaction. “Her name is Merida.” She steps over to the little filly and gives her another nudge. Merida’s dark eyes flicker open, and fasten upon the roan stallion. “Come on sweetie, come say hello.” Merida forces herself up onto her shaky legs, eyes still fascinated on Archam in open curiosity. She sways once or twice, then wobbles over to Archam and gives him a good sniff. Then, suddenly shy, she takes a few bouncing steps back to her mother. Morigan laughs. “It’s alright Merida, this is Archam.”
    SAID I'M OKAY, BUT I KNOW HOW TO LIE. YOU WERE ALL THAT I HAD, YOU WERE DELICATE AND HARD TO FIND.

Sorrry for the huge wait!
    Archam

He gazed at the filly who truly was an odd one, her coloring was similar to the equines of the chamber which made him curious to the father of the foal. His gaze lifted to Morigan when she announced the fillies name and he smiled gently Just as pretty a name as yours they did have similar names, both of which he liked. They came off the tongue easily.

the filly lifted herself off the ground to what he expected to be her first steps and he smiled at her, for whatever reason he truly enjoyed the innocence foals had. The filly managed to bound over to Archam and give a sniff before her wobbly legs sent her back to her mother. He gave a gentle laugh and extended his nose out to the mare snorting gently memorizing the fillies scent. He lifted his head to find Morigans gaze There innocence is the most entertaining not really sure how to approach conversation with a mare who had a foal that was not is.  

Lead Stallion of Cobblestone Creek