• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm Not The One (Open)
    The little two year old dunalino girl made her way through the meadow. She was here to explore and meet the horses who may call this land home. She herself called the forest home and was quit happy there. She took in her surroundings and found it quit beautiful. She had no idea as to what the horses here in this land was like but hoped that they are at least nice. The young mare was one of curiosity and adventure. Yes she was smaller that most that called this island home but didn't mind. It did make it hard to get around in some places and it doesn't give her speed to get away from those who try to harm her.

Golgotha
    the  cross  i  bare  that  you  gave to  me

OOC: Sorry for the crappy post with her. This is open to anyone
    the words she knows the tune she hums

Zaravich found herself slacking in her duties as a diplomat for the Dale, and found herself in the field today, hopeful to recruit a new member. She gazed with her hazel eyes, spring was in full bloom and the trees were now all green, the flowers have sprouted and the grass was overgrown. She looked on with a smile for the plants that now thrived, and would continue until winter came again.

As she scanned there was many equines about, and each one carried a kingdoms scent. Whether they were out to greet other kingdoms, to leave there current one for a new one. She did not know, but she did spot out a dunalino mare who seemed young in age and as she inched closer could not detect a kingdoms scent on her. She decided she would be a good horse to approach with hopes to recruit her for the kingdom. As the ebony mare made her way over she gave a greeting "Hello! My name is Zaravich, what brings you to the field today?" the question was a typical introduction in the field, and most horses already knew the answer. I guess you could say it was just a courtesy to ask them what they were here for. She scanned over the young equines markings, very unique, Beqanna was known for unique colorings. Her gaze trailed to find hers awaiting a response.

Zaravich
    the tiny dancer
    The small mare smiled as the black colored mare approached her. She said "It is a pleasure meeting you Zaravich. My name is Golgotha, I actually just came here to meet others. I live in the forest at this moment." She figured that the mare standing before her would offer her a home. Maybe she was ready to join a herd and be a part of something. She took in the appearance of the other mare. The black mare was short but not as short as the little Falabella mare.

Golgotha
    The thought has been niggling in the back of Szeth’s mind for some time now … why doesn’t he create his own herd?

This world that they live in is so full of the traited, so full of those wishing to be, or bowing to the wishes of the traited. Why can't he make a haven for the untraited, for those not wishing to live under the hoof of those corrupted by their own powers?

The more he thinks about the idea, the more he likes it. He will create a safe space for those wanting to avoid the traited of Beqanna. The only problem is, he needs mares. Untraited mares at that.

That's part of the reason he's come to the meadow today.

His brown eyes scan the grassy expanse, flicking over the gathered horses. He cringes when he sees a mare with a young foal - the child’s head is adorned with a small horn. A pity for the girl to be be born with such a thing, she doesn’t stand a chance.

Finally, his eyes alight upon a pair of mares - a small dunalino one with striking orange markings, and a taller black arabian. They seem ordinary to his eye, though of course one can never be sure these days. So many traits don’t manifest physically.

But he might as well give them a chance. He approaches at a walk, then stops what he believes is a respectful distance away. “Hello there, I’m Szeth! What brings you ladies to the meadow today?”
    szeth
    absolute power corrupts absolutely
    The small mare watched the stallion approach them. She smiled and said "Hello sir. My name is Golgotha. Its a pleasure meeting you Szeth. I was here exploring and looking for a place to call home. I have been living in the forest since being weaned." The mare took in the stallions appearance and noticed that he was black and white in color with spots that scattered his back. She herself had a few odd colored markings. She bowed to the stallion to show him her manners. She had came here to meet others and find herself a new home.
    the words she knows the tune she hums

Zaras eyes scanned to view over the petite mare with orange markings who introduced herself as Golgotha. She smiled you live out here all by yourself? she questioned, curious to if it was a choice or not. Before Golgotha could respond a spotted stag appeared, and she was careful to watch him. He was a smooth talker, and she imagined he was here to recruit them to his herd, that's what most stallions were out doing in the Forest.

Her gaze followed back to the orange mare, who seemed more responsive to the stag. Curious to her intentions, some mares just wanted to be picked up for a herd, and if that was this mares choice than so be it. She turned back to the stallion and dipped her head slightly Just out here talking to Gologtha, curious to the same question you had she gave a small smile to him. She could not pick up a scent from him, unsure if he belonged to a Kingdom or not. If he did not it he was most likely looking for a mare to start a herd with.

Zaravich
    the tiny dancer
    The little orange tipped done bows her head politely at him and he smiles. “It’s a pleasure to meet you as well Golgotha.” He realizes now that they’re so close that she’s quite a bit shorter than he is and, perhaps more importantly, she’s actually rather cute. The only thing he can’t tell is her traited status, and that you can’t tell from physical appearance alone. He’ll have to ask, but he’s not going to come right out with it at first. He’ll make a little bit of small talk first.

He briefly eyes the black arabian mare, who appears to be looking on him with some suspicion. He can’t blame her for that though, he supposes. There are all sorts in Beqanna, some nice, some … not. He himself is a descendant of some of the evil creatures that have walked this land. Thankfully he’s a far cry from them. He simply gives the arabian a polite nod to her comment, before turning back to look at Golgotha.

“Well, you’ve run into the right horses.” He presumes the arabian is a recruiter anyway, she smells of the Dale and she has what he perceives to be a hopeful look in her eye. “I’ve been thinking of starting a herd of my own, a place where,” he might as well be open now, “untraited horses can live quietly and peacefully. Would you be at all interested in anything like that?”
    szeth
    Golgotha smiled at the two and said"yes ma'am I have lived out here by myself. I haven't been with my mom since I turned one. I am not even sure where she is. Yes Szeth I may be interested in joining the herd." She hoped that the mare before her wouldn't mind that she was willing to join the stallion. Maybe if it doesn't work out she would join the mares herd.
    Golgotha replies to the black arabian, and Szeth’s ears perk momentarily. He has to wonder how long she’s been on her own for. But … not on her own for much longer! He grins as she turns to him, and expresses interest in joining his herd. He’s assuming, given that he was open about his desire to make a safe space for specifically untraited horses, that she’s admitted her own non-traited status. Perfect! He’s especially glad now that he’d dared to approach the pair. “Excellent! Would you perhaps like to take a look at the place I’ve been considering? It’s a little territory called Paradise Beach, though I daresay I’m biased in that regard.” He pauses for a moment. He knows that there have been some rather ... less than honourable herd stallions moving about Beqanna lately, and he wants to reassure her. "And of course, if it's not to your liking, you're free to leave any time you wish! Though I do hope you'll stay ..."
    szeth
    Golgotha smiled at the stallion and said"I would love to go and check out the land. If I like it I will definitely stay. " She wandered if he had any other mares in his herd yet or if she was the only one he asked so far. She didn't want to ask him yet so she just smiled and asked" Would you mind showing me the way Szeth?" She would wait and see what the stallion said before she left to go to the herd.

Golgotha