• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Hoofprints in Sand (any)
    Desirea blinked in the warm glow of the spring morning light.  Her long lashes fluttered briefly as she tried to accustom her greenish eyes to the sudden brightness.  She had stepped from the protective shade of the trees into the open field, taking long slow steps as she went.  Her mind was cloudy and her thoughts were muddled -- otherwise, she would have been a little more prudent.  But as it stood, she did not know where she was or where she had come from.  Desirea knew only her name, all other memories had been wiped away like hoofprints in sand.

Hoofprints in sand...

The image shaped itself clearly in her mind, but she couldn't identify where such a memory might have come from.  It was a frustrating feeling, knowing that there were years of knowledge locked away in her mind, unaccessible.  

Focused so deeply in her own head as she walked slowly along, it was no surprise when Desirea caught a hoof in a small gully and tripped.  She stumbled, caught herself, and was suddenly brought flying back to the real world.  Now she realized where she was, and how vulnerable she had let herself become.
    the words she knows the tune she hums

Zara found herself in the field again today she was out looking for another equine to recruit for her kingdom. She had slacked at her duty for a while now and found it her responsibility to bring life back to the Dale. The Ebony mare pranced into the field with her tail raised high playfully thrashing her head about. She truly did not imagine many equines to be out as most were in there kingdom or herd lands tending to there new born foals. She could recall the familiarity with her foal Josie, who was now a year old.

As she playfully ran around thinking no one else was around, to her surprise one stepped out from the overhang of trees into the center of the field. Sliding to a halt Zara gazed at her, she seemed rather....out of it. After a few moments of staring the mare seemed to have snapped back to reality thats odd.... Zara thought to herself. Maybe I should go see if she is okay she thought to herself. Zara remembers when she was traveling all alone, she hated being alone and only had the intentions to help the mare. She gave a whinny as she pondered offering a greeting as she grew near Hello! My name is Zaravich, are you okay? she asked leaving space for the mare to feel safe in her presence.

Zaravich
    the tiny dancer

A whinny caught Desirea's attention, and she turned her dark head to discover who had seen her folly.  A beautiful black mare was headed her way, looking rather friendly.  At once, Desirea's felt relieved, and her heart began to slow a little.  Had it been a stallion with murder in his eyes, she would have been much more nervous.

Desirea gave this new mare a bashful smile, and took a few steps to close the quickly shrinking gap between them.

"Zaravich," Desirea said softly.  "What a beautiful name.."  She smiled again -- and had she been a little lighter in color, it would have been easy to see the blush spreading over her face.  Desirea shook her long forelock shyly over one eye.  "I'm Desirea," she said.

"I'll be honest, I'm not sure where I am," the little roan mare admitted.  "I don't know how I got here, or really who I am.  I think I'd be a lot better once those questions were answered."  Her smile grew sheepish, but she didn't turn her eyes away from the pretty black mare before her.

Zara scanned over the mare who was physically incable of answering her question. How did she not know where she came from? All she knew was her name? Zara has known of magic in Beqanna but none that could erase the memory of another equine. She was quickly alarmed, but her body stayed relaxed, she did not want to make the mare even more nervous.

She dipped her head gracefully to the compliment of her name you also have a beautiful name she smiled softly repeating the name in her head a few times. I'm not sure how to help you recover your memory, although I can bring you back to my Kingdom if you are looking for a home she smiled gently hoping not to scare the mare. For not having a memory of her past, it could be alarming that a stranger opens there home up to them, or she could truly believe Zara is a kind equine. Of course you are free to do what you please, we are a quite Kingdom trying to grow, we don't participate in wars, just trying to remain peaceful Zara was hopeful that this was the kind of home Desirea desired, a nice peaceful home.

Zaravich
    the tiny dancer

Desirea perked at the mention of a kingdom.  Some stirring in her memory recalled the word, and with it came a small swell of emotion -- safety, admiration, loyalty.  Just as quickly the flash of memory was gone, and Desirea simply nodded.

"Well," She sighed with a smile.  "I guess I may as well find a place to call home, at least for now.  And a peaceful place would be ideal.  But.."  She trailed off and tilted her head a little, thinking.   "I'm not sure about a kingdom."  

Desirea looked dubiously at her own feet for a moment, then returned her gaze to the other mare.  "Aren't there any... you know.... regular old herds around?" Her voice was soft and uncertain.  She didn't want to seem completly out of touch; but then again, she couldn't exactly be blamed for her lack of knowledge, could she?

A kingdom sounded like it would entail more than the simple day-to-day tasks of survival, which sounded quite exciting, but also seemed like something of a commitment.  Herd mares were likely to wander if they were unhappy -- would she be allowed the same freedoms in a kingdom?

She was uncertain, but she was still quite easy to persuade.  One touch in the right spot would push her easily to one side or the other.

He has a place in mind now. He’s spent the past few days travelling about the herdlands, keeping an eye out for those territories, and he’d come across the perfect spot …

Paradise Beach.

Considering the beauty of the territory he really hadn’t expected it to still be free. It just feels like … fate. To have the chance to start a herd in his childhood home - it feels like the world is telling him that he’s on the right path. The only problem is that he doesn’t have any mares. Yet.

The speckled stallion stalks into the field, brown eyes picking through the gathered horses. His eyes momentarily rest on a silvered mare with a horn sticking out of her forehead. He can’t help but sneer. There’s more and more of the damn traited everywhere these days. Can’t go anywhere without running into them these days.

His eyes continue to scan through the little groups of horses, until finally they come to rest on a blue roan mare … and a familiar arabian. He smirks. Fancy seeing her here again. Probably on a recruiting mission. His eyes switch back to the roan, analyzing for a moment. She’s a pretty thing with a kind face, and more importantly, no obvious traits. Of course, a lack of physical traits doesn’t mean she’s completely untraited, but it’s a good start.

Smiling broadly, he approaches the two mares and stops a respectful distance away. “Hello there! I’m Szeth! How are the both of you today?” He nods briefly to the arabian, though he doesn’t say anything else. She hadn’t introduced herself the last time they’d run into each other, so there’s little else he can say anyway.
    szeth
    absolute power corrupts absolutely

The roan mare stated she wanted to find a home, and to Zaras relief that was what she was here for. But before she could offer the Dale, the mare was quick to state she preferred a herd, Zara belonged to the Dale as well as Phaderus' herd. She could bring the mare back to the herd, but this made her feel awkward. Not only because she wanted Phaderus to herself, but because she figured Phaderus would rather find his own mares, rather than Zara bringing them back for him.

Before she could speak a word the spotted stag she met earlier in the week was here again. He approached with a greeting, and gazed to Zara without truly talking to her. I guess she never did introduce herself to him. Are you following me Szeth? she playfully teased in the multiple encounters they had Im Zaravich by the way she added since she never properly introduced herself.

She gazed back to the mare I'm not sure I can offer you a herd like this stallion, but the Dale is always looking to welcome equines she dipped her head respectfully, backing up a couple of steps. She was aware the mares decision before she announced it, she would most likely go off with the stallion.

Zaravich
    the tiny dancer

Before any of Desirea's concerns could be addressed, the sound of approaching hooves began to grow louder.  Desi glanced to the side, curious to see who might be joining them.  Her green eyes landed immediately on a rather large and beautifully spotted stallion.  A smile caught Desirea's dark lips -- she liked him already, though she couldn't say why.  For all she knew, he was a dangerous rogue out for blood; but Zaravich's presence gave her courage.

Desirea glanced back at her beautiful new friend, flashing her a shy, secret smile.  "I think he's coming toward us," she whispered, excited and uneasy.

Szeth, as he was called, stopped at a comfortable distance, much to Desi's relief.  She eyed him quietly as he introduced himself; and to her surprise, Zaravich piped up with a teasing remark that revealed she already knew this stallion.  

Zaravich gave her name to Szeth -- evidently they didn't know each other well, even if they seemed to be on friendly terms -- and then turned back to Desirea.  Desirea caught her new friend's gaze, listening as she admitted that she could not grant a typical herd life.  

That was certainly a bit of a disappointment, given how quickly she had taken to the pretty black mare.  She felt even more assured, however, that her initial assumptions had been fairly accurate.  A kingdom was no place for a simple girl like herself.  Besides, she needed to unravel the mystery of her own mind before she could dedicate her time and efforts to outside causes.  Laying low for a while seemed ideal.

So that left Szeth.

Suddenly Desirea was filled with apprehension.  The idea of spending time alone with this strange male was rather daunting.  She would have rather stayed with her female companion, but the situation had been made a little awkward by this new arrival, who would likely make a better fit for the life Desirea sought.

Desirea offered the stallion a bashful smile.  "I'm Desirea," she said softly.  "And I can't say for sure how I'm doing quite yet.  Zaravich and I were just discussing the matter of homes -- it seems I'm sorely lacking one." She tilted her head a little, feeling a bit shy at having to disclose her little 'problem' aloud once again -- but it was worth sharing with this new stallion, she felt.

"I have no idea where I am, or how I got here.  It seems my memories have all simply... vanished."  Of course, Desirea didn't actually know if there had been any memories in the first place; but it was safe to assume she hadn't just suddenly popped into existence out of thin air...

PHAEDRUS
    He spots her in the field, work for the kingdom never ended. While he was ok with it, he still liked to make sure that he is doing his part. He goes back to the conversationo that he was currently engaged in, not really paying full attention. Something about having his mares around set him on alert that he had only experienced in the thrill of battle. But he leaves her be, never hovering, out of hearing range, until... The aproach of another recruiter. A male to be exact. After Besra's steal he was determined never to let it happen again, and having another male around her didn't sit to well with him. He wouldn't care if he knew that she would be safe around them. As he was sure that she was around Weir and Ramiel. But this one...

He steps closer, edging his way within hearing, she sounds ok... Are you following me Szeth? This has his neck raise from his grazing, and marching towards them. Not viciously, but definatly confident that his presence was required. Arriving he tucks his wing around Zaravich, marking that she was not the one avalible for the taking. Even as the rules stood, he did not trust other males, after having laxed and offered such chance to Archam only to have the guy bite him in the back in the end. Things in the world looked different to him now. He nods to Desirea with a smile and then acknowledges the male in the same manner. Having a good day Zara? He enquires of her.

Turning his attention back to Desirea he smiles and continues, I'm Phaedrus, of the Dale, and Golden Plains. He wasn't sure exactly how to offer her a place in his herd, but he knew that extending that curtesy was something that he was going to do. When the discussion dwindles and he is sure that he isn't being rude he opens his maw to speak once more, I'm not sure if Zaravich got around to offering our home in Golden plains to you, but I would like to extend the invitation regardless. He grins, looking around to see if Josie had tagged along as well.

He was becoming busy again, this time of year always had him marching around Beqanna with activity that was far beyond what the dormancy of winter brought. That season was primarily spent in the herd lands providing company, warmth, and protection to the bundle of gals that he had acquired. He wasn't sure if Ramiel was pleased with his progress of if the King had even noticed, but praise among others wasn't something that he was after. Just the skills and the ability to be a good teacher. The stature that he held in the kingdom currently had him not only humbled but also grateful that he was slowly developing into the man that his family had desired of him. Looking to the sky he smiles again. Still waiting for the day that he could be considered worthy of his lineage once more.
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must
    He sees the mares whispering as he approaches, and he’s unsure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. The roan is smiling though, for the moment anyway, so he decides to take it as a good sign.

The black arabian smiles too and teases him, and his grin widens. It is funny that he’s running into it again. “I just couldn’t help myself!” At least she’s not taking it personally - he’s not intentionally picking on her to try and poach her potential recruits. “Nice to officially meet you Zaravich.”

He turns back to the roan, still smiling. “And a pleasure to meet you Desirea.” She’s pretty as he’d already noted, and he’s pleased to see that there’s still no sign of physical traits. “Well, depending on what you’re looking for I might be able to help. I’ve been trying to start a herd of my own, a place where,” he should probably bring this out into the open now, “untraited horses can live quietly and peacefully. Would you be at all interested in something like that?”

She reveals then that she’s in a bit of a vulnerable position, and his smile drops. “Oh I’m so sorry to hear that, that must be awful!” He can’t imagine what it would be like to have his memories of his mother, his sister and his adoptive father just … gone. His whole history, all events that have made him, well him, gone? It must be horrible for the poor mare.

He’s tempted to try to reach out to comfort her, but he doesn’t know her well enough, not yet anyway. He definitely doesn’t want to make her feel uncomfortable. He shifts on the spot, trying to think of something to say, when the sound of approaching hooves catches his ear. He turns his head to look at the newcomer, and bile instantly rises in his throat. Wings. One of them. He flashes the stallion a glare, then turns to look back at Desirea, doing his best to hide his discomfort. He can’t help but narrow his eyes slightly though when the newcomer reveals that he’s Zaravich’s stallion. Pity. He’d actually sort of liked the mare.
    szeth
    absolute power corrupts absolutely