• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Meet me on the equinox
    She stands for a few moments, pricking her ears attentively. The silver girl tosses her mane, debating whether or not to utter another calling. No one has yet approached her, though perhaps they simply were too far away. Settling on the hill, Taqqiq decides to simply wait. Surely someone will come sooner or later.

Her keen ears prick as she hears another whinny, a stallion this time. She turns to see a handsome golden stallion trotting towards her. Almost Arabian-esque, like herself, though there's something slightly off about him. His colouring, maybe? She's never seen a dun desert horse before. Perhaps he's Crossbred...or maybe she just hasn't been exposed to that many horses before.

Taqqiq stretches out her muzzle to meet the stallion's, exchanging a friendly breath with him. She is somewhat wary, because it is, after all, breeding season, but she's always been somewhat naïve, too. The thought that one would force her to breed does not even cross her mind, and besides, she's too preoccupied with (hopefully) making a new friend.

"Hello there," she whinnies, her dark brown eyes friendly. "I'm Taqqiq. It's nice to meet you, Kavi." The stallion seemed rather welcoming and charming, gallant and gentlemanly. Her first impression is that he's a fairly nice horse, though she's learned the hard way that things aren't always as they seem.

Speaking of things not being as they appear. She turns as a spotted stallion approaches them atop the small hill. He is larger, stronger, and he has.... Ram horns? Taqqiq cannot stop herself from doing a double take. She's heard of Beqanna before, how the horses here are unique. Some with wings, others with immortality.... But ram horns?

The stallion greets her politely, though he seems to trip over his words a bit. She doesn't mind in the slightest, though, and hence she utters her own greeting.

"Hello," she nickers, though she cannot help but listen as he speaks of a desert. Instantly, she pricks her ears, instinctively driven to the hot climate and idea of desert sands, though she's never spent long in such a setting before. "I'm Taqqiq," she says again, letting a friendly smile grace her features. "I'm not really sure what I'm doing here," she admits. "I'm just wandering, I suppose. I've only just gotten here; I've seen other horses and figured that I could do with a chat."

Messages In This Thread
    Meet me on the equinox - by Taqqiq - 04-19-2015, 03:25 PM
    RE: Meet me on the equinox - by Kavi - 04-19-2015, 04:38 PM
    RE: Meet me on the equinox - by Kreios - 04-19-2015, 04:42 PM
    RE: Meet me on the equinox - by Taqqiq - 04-20-2015, 11:31 AM
    RE: Meet me on the equinox - by Kavi - 04-20-2015, 03:58 PM
    RE: Meet me on the equinox - by Kreios - 04-21-2015, 08:27 AM