• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

“What do you fear, lady?' he asked. 'A cage,' she said.”; birthing/Kreios

BETTER BEWARE, I GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT
    DEVIL-MAY-CARE WITH A LUST FOR LIFE

She admits to herself silently under the night sky that she has been selfish. Since learning of the little heart beat inside her belly does she distance herself. Ygritte wants this child to be different than Joss, and perhaps the twins. Ygritte nurtures the growing life eagerly and protectively as it expands her spender form.

The spotted king seemed to understand as the bay and coral woman hides away in the secret thicket within their kingdom. She beds among the sweet grasses and the dainty wildflowers as they cushion and nuzzle her tender belly. Within the thorny nest, she is safe and quiet. Like a coddled baby embraced by their dam her pink-orange lips brush the wide abdomen lovingly and through the thin skin is the response of the teeniest kick from a little hoof...

As well as the first cramp that she is all too familiar with. Her pulse is quickening as she depends her breath, jaw tightening as she bares the pain. As the contraction passes, Ygritte slows her breathing to ensure she stays calm. The next contractions follow quickly and less painful than the mare has known before and it seems almost as it has begun that the birth is over. And at the side of the russet body is the angelic form of a tiny filly. 

A GIRL!

She is quick to her feet and to clean the tiny filly. Her warmth blanketing the small child, eyes lovingly etching the spotted form in to her memories and memorizing the clean scent. A small call is given between washings to call for Kreios, it is urgent and shrill as she knows that he would be eagerly awaiting the birth.

Ygritte.

((its short but it's done! so sorry it's late but im so excited for this :) youre the best kahzie))
    Raene had liked the darkness, but she loves the sun.

She stretches toward it even as she comes into the world, her little head pointed skyward. Mother blocks her view of it after a while, but Raene is still and quiet as she looks up at the clear blue sky. When she is dry – thank you mother – she stands, and leans against her mother’s pink legs. As she does, the salmon creeps into her black mane, along her spine, and down into her tail. When it stops, she’s still mostly black, but a handful of the dark spots on her white blanket have changed to salmon, and her mane and tail are as bright as her dam’s.

When she tires of watching the trees – and realizes that she is hungry – she turns back to her mother. After a moment, she figures out the mechanics, and drinks until she hears the sound of something moving in the brush, and turns to face it curiously.

Kreios

wildcat of the falls

I have been waiting, watching Ygritte’s ever widening barrel with bated breath.

The thought of her not surviving childbirth has weighed heavily on my mind – I cannot help it – so when I hear her call from me I emerge from where I had been lurking nearby with much haste.

My attention is immediately drawn by the little spotted filly who stares at me from beneath a flopping salmon forelock. “She’s beautiful,” I say, stepping closer and extending my muzzle toward the little thing. “You’re beautiful, ” I add, directing my words this time to the newborn, just in case she understands. I’ve never been very good at knowing what children do and don’t understand at particular ages.

Taking a few steps closer to Ygritte, I press my muzzle affectionately to her neck. “She’s perfect, Ygritte. ” I say, my voice swelling with pride.

i’m screaming the name of a foreigner’s god

image by connor obrien

BETTER BEWARE, I GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT
    DEVIL-MAY-CARE WITH A LUST FOR LIFE

Already Ygritte knows this child is different.

Her little sunshine girl.

There is a warmth of pride in her breast, the tiny child's feather weight against her limbs. Ygritte can not resist pressing her muzzle against her spotted skin inhaling the scent of the sweet babe.

Through closes eyes, his scent reaches her. Ygritte lifts the thick lashes to see the massive king with the softest smile. He is proud and Ygritte feels a bit of relief flow though her veins. Her won pink muzzle reaches to greet him as he nears to meet his daughter then speaks to the bay queen. "She is perfect Kreios but I have waited to name her. It will be your honor." Her voice is a low lullaby as she gazes lovingly at the little lass. The girl does not realize yet her place in the world but she is a true princess of the Falls and loved fiercely but her parents. She will grow to possibly one day rule the Falls but Ygritte would never force her nor any of her other daughters to do anything against their will.

Perhaps one day Texas will return to meet his newest grand child and see how much the Falls has grown since he held the crown..

Ygritte.