• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Beautiful Summer Moon
    Sreva silently wondered if she'd made the wrong decision. Every instinct in her three-year-old gut was telling her to not follow the stallion, that he'd treat her like all the ones prior when she'd been forced to join their herds until she escaped. Sure, this one seemed different if only for the fact that he said he wouldn't force her to have kids, but promises, like Sreva's heart, could be empty. That was what was troubling her as the two horses made their way along a forest trail, heading toward Chemdog's home.

Almost tripping on a stone broke Sreva out of her thoughts. When she took in the scenery they were seeing, she was mesmerized. She hadn't been through this forest before, even though she'd explored much of the Field in the short time she'd been there. It... there was now words. Off in the distance, she could see the tops of some trees peeking up over the rest, which told her they were incredibly tall trees. The woods became a bit damp because of the moss, but that didn't bother her. If anything, it served as a soothing sensation for the skin that was still hot under her coat.

They traveled along the forest trail for a good number of hours, only stopping for a brief moment when their hooves got tired or if Sreva spotted a small river or creek nearby and wandered over for a drink of water. But when they came to the edge of the trees, the mare stopped short, her eyes widening as she beheld the land in front of her.

Around them stood nine stones arranged in a circle. Chemdog was tall, but these stones were at least twice as tall as the stallion. They were lit by the small beam of sunlight that still illuminated the sky since the night had not fully taken over, but Sreva didn't mind whether it was nighttime or daytime. Both of them were extremely beautiful in her eyes.

Almost not hearing Chemdog's words, the mare's ears twitched back and forth as she barely registered them.

Her eyes were fixated on the sun, almost as if she expected it to turn into the moon because Chemdog had asked her that question. "Yes... I do... both the sun and the moon... they're beautiful..."

@[Chemdog]
    @[Sreva]

Then follow me..

He knows that where he is leading her is secluded, they will be so very alone. Night is closing in and a large orange moon is rising on the horizon. The mists are sinking from the skies and settling among the peaks, soon they'll fall into the valley bellow and move like ghosts among the trees and rivers. He leads her down a thin path through thick woods, along a rocky ridge and up onto a towering cliff face the faces east. He notes to himself that on clear days he can see all the way to the coast.

Here.” His eyes slide to her and then back to the full, pregnant moon and her harvest glow. Summer is almost over now. Before they know it fall will come and go and winter will be upon them again. His mind travels back to the moment and leaves the worry of changing season behind. “I love this spot. It's always the best place to see the moonrise.” He side steps to brush his ribs against her own, leaning a small bit and looking over at her, his forelock cast over to the side of his face to he may see her fully. He moves in slowly to kiss his lips and warm breath along the ridge of her cheek, slashing his tail excitedly. He moves almost timidly to avoid a strike if she refuses him. It is clear what he's asking, or at least hinting at. He keeps his lips gently against her if she allows. If she doesn't deny him he'll move his touch playful toward her ear and perhaps even tickle his muzzle against her own.

He is not a forceful sort of stallion, but certainly overwhelmingly intimate when any chance he may get. Touching his women, covering them and everything all of that entails are some of his favorite things to do. He will never make them and jealously has never had a place among his thoughts, so generally he asks once and if refused he'll never ask again.

chemdog
    astra inclinant, sed non obligant.

sorry for the wait

it's a little time warp..this thread is in the summer but its technically winter, oh well xD
    the beauty of liquid time!
    Eager to see what it is Chemdog wanted to show her, Sreva followed the stallion. Her step had a spring as they wandered through the trees, heading to wherever it was Chemdog had in mind. As they went on, Sreva chose to enjoy the scenery she could see in the faint moonlight, her eyes lightning up with wonder at all she was seeing.

Even at night, little forest creatures scuttled about, either heading home for the night or searching for food while on the lookout for hunters. Spotting a field mouse dart through the grass off to her right, Sreva winced when she heard the call of an owl echo above her. That little mouse would never see it coming...

She held respect for the flying predators. They could attack out of nowhere, their prey completely unsuspecting. It would be over all too soon. Whereas for bigger animals, like horses, it meant larger predators that often toyed with their food, like chasing them through fields and canyons. Sreva still shivered when she remembered the night those wolves almost caught her. And whenever she remembered it, the scarred flesh on her neck burned. She hated when it did that.

A thin layer of mist had settled onto the valley by the time that Chemdog and Sreva arrived at their destination. They were on a cliff edge, towering above the valley below, an enormous view before them. Though the night sky and the mist masked most of it, Sreva had little doubt it was a beautiful sight during the day. That was a view she looked forward to seeing.

As Chemdog told Sreva of why he loved this spot, the mare could only nod in agreement, too overcome with the wonder before her. A breath escaped her as the full gaze of the moon met her almond eyes, her ears pricking forward in excitement.

And then suddenly, her feeling of wonder changed. While she'd been looking at the moon, a new feeling at her side shook her from her stupor. Chemdog's ribs were learning against hers, reaching his muzzle up to brush her cheek. Sreva was confused; what was he doing? The mare had never seen a stallion act like this. She'd seen stallions in other herds be, how her dam had put it, 'friendly', with the other mares, but not something like this. For some reason, she felt that the way some stallions acted, and the way Chemdog acted, were connected, but she wasn't entirely sure. She'd never experienced anything like this before.

Though she did not move away, the mare turned her head, looking at the stallion, "Uh, Chemdog... what are you doing?"

@[Chemdog]

OOC: So yeah, she's a bit clueless about what Chemdog's doing because, she is only three, and no stallion has ever come onto her, so she doesn't know what to make of it.

He laughs allowed when she questions him. He can hear it in her voice that she's never seen the advances of an enticed male, she hasn't been wanted or even taken quite yet. This delights him for so many reasons, some reason are twisted some are normal. They're all there. He doesn't stop. He plays with a few strands of her chocolate mane, pushing them gently away from her scars. He traces them with his lips, moving his muzzle down to nip tenderly at her shoulder before drawing his head away.

He peers down at her with a grin. “I'm just getting to know you, is all. All of you. If you don't like it, I won't do it. But I think you do like it. And I certainly like it..” He moves in to press his lips to the side of her muzzle. His fuzzy touch is steady and warm, his blood flowing hard and hot. He isn't pushy, he's very ginger now, just brushing the scruff of his muzzle against hers. Kissing, sort of, if you will. His tail keeps swishing and swatting, anxiousness brews but never reveals itself. He can easily keep control of himself now, but he is careful to stay on that side of the line – there is such a thing as too far to turn back, especially with Chem.

The night below them and above them is quiet. The sky is clear, the stars hiding for now while the moon takes center stage. It's arch grows by the second as it ascends further and further, seemingly so much larger than normal. Like it is closer. Chem's ears swivel at the sound of the forest creatures, he ears nothing of alarm and keeps his focus on his painted mare.

chemdog

haha Chem likes her nice and clueless and pure XD
    @[Sreva]
    "H-hey, why are you laughing? What's so funny?" Sreva asked, confused as to why Chemdog was laughing. She'd merely asked him what he was doing; what was so funny about that?

The stallion did not offer a verbal reply. Instead, he reached up, using his teeth to play with some of the chocolate strands of her multi-colored mane. She didn't think anything odd about that; in fact, she thought he was merely grooming her now, scratching her neck where it often itched but it was impossible for Sreva to reach herself. It felt good a moment, and she allowed him to continue. When he brushed the mane away to see the scars, Sreva felt conscious; she moved away from him a little, but Chemdog just followed. He traced the scars with his muzzle before nipping at her shoulder tenderly.

What in the world was he doing?

Sreva's eyes went a little wide as the stallion said he was merely getting to know her. Something in her gut told her he was lying. He said he liked it, and that Sreva probably did to, but the mare didn't quite know what to make of his actions. She was still confused; what was he doing?

Chemdog's muzzle brushed against Sreva's, something that confused the mare even more. Was he trying to nuzzle her? He wasn't doing it right, if that was the case. She really didn't know what was going on. Why was her gut telling her that Chemdog was lying when he offered an answer to what he was doing? Her body told her that she should like it (she didn't know why) but her mind's confusion blocked any real feelings she could be having.

"I... I kinda don't believe you. What are you really doing?" Sreva asked, tail twitching suspiciously as she looked at him, taking a step back so she could keep an eye on the stallion.

@[Chemdog]

OOC: Yeah, I can clearly tell, haha.

Silly girl. I'm only getting to know you, I said so.” She eyes him suspiciously and he can feel her tense underneath his touch. She did not get it, she did not feel it. That was fine with him. He asks for a reason and her body answered for her, even if her mind is swallowed up in childish confusion. “It's alright lass, nevermind.” He blows a relaxed whuff from fluttering grayish nostrils, blinking out toward the rising orange moon. It almost seems as though it's shrinking as it floats higher and higher above the tree-tops. He quietly watches for a while and if she speaks he'll answer politely, but otherwise simply stares on. Crickets sing and owls call out while they stand on the breezy ledge, manes getting tugged lovingly by the currents of cold wind blowing through.

I'm thirsty.” He pivots away and starts to walk lazily down the pebbly slope, he casts a idle stare back to see if she is following. “There is a river just down here, a perfect spot to soak your legs and get a drink.” He explains no further and starts down the rocky incline at a slow pace.

chemdog

@[Sreva]
    He'd suddenly stopped. Why? Had she made him mad? Sreva was still confused, but her body had been responding differently. She was supposed to like it, she thought, even if she didn't fully understand what it was.

After Chemdog turned away, heading in the direction of the river he's told her about, Sreva hesitated a moment before following. Had she made him mad? What had she done?

The pintaloosa didn't say anything as they continued their journey toward the river. After they'd reached it, Sreva strode in, the water coming to her knees at the point where she stopped. She lowered her head, taking a long drink, before directing her gaze back toward Chemdog.

"Are... are you mad at me? Did I do something wrong?"

@[Chemdog]

He chuckles aloud at her as he wades in to stand with his ankles soaking in the gentle movement of chilly water. He drinks first and then brings his head up to speak, water dribbling back into the flow as he swallows. “Why would I be mad you silly girl?” He chuckles again and touches his lips to her painted rump. “Do not fret – you'll know if you've ever made me angry, lass.” His accent has always been strange and sometimes it comes out much stronger than other times. Chemdog has never bothered to fix it or care.

Get yourself prepared for a journey soon, Sreva.” He brings this up out of nowhere after another gulp of fresh river-water. “We must move to the coast, closer to the Chamber.” He doesn't bother to explain and even if she asks he won't be very inclined to share details. He's not ready to share any plans just yet. First he will have to figure out where everyone fits. So far Sreva meets all the requirements of a pleasant addition to the family. He wonders how she may react to the prospect of moving and furthermore, he wonders if she has an opinion on the subject of the Chamber.

chemdog

@[Sreva]
    Sreva lowered her head, a bit embarrassed at having asked in the first place. She felt herself growing a little warm, even more so after Chemdog touched his lips to her hindquarters. Why had that produced her reaction of becoming warmer? Was she supposed to do that? Was she supposed to like that? Her instincts continued to say yes.

She almost wanted to say something, but Chemdog spoke first. They were leaving? Why would he want to leave this place? It looked quite nice, a good territory to have. What had motivated him into leaving, moving to the place called the Chamber?

"I... I don't know what the Chamber is, but it sounds cool. Have you grown tired of this place; is that why you wish to leave? I'll come with you, I just don't know why you'd want to leave such a nice place like this." Sreava wasn't really prying into the details, moreso getting a read on how Chemdog truly felt. Thinking for a moment that she overstepped her boundaries, the mare looked away, her ears at attention as she listened for anything he might say next.

@[Chemdog]