• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

With my speechless calm eyes - Offspring
    Brynmor

"With my speechless calm eyes."

The king was back. And that meant that he could fall back in his previous role, a more comfortable one. Over the last few years Brynmor had grown in his role in the piece caste of the kingdom. He of course knew that he had learned a lot in Offspring’s absence, or at least, he felt like he had. And he didn’t mean the fact that he had mastered the kingdom granted invisibility. He had been forced to look at things differently, which would only help him become a better counsellor, or maybe even ambassador in the future.

That didn’t mean that he had found a way to handle the situation with Roan, Anahera and Henson. He hadn’t thought things through and although he didn’t regret the decision he had made, he felt terrible. Almost like he had betrayed the bay roan girl who he had declared his love to. He did love her, wholeheartedly, but somehow the things hadn’t clicked in his mind when he had met Anahera. Henson had been the result.

Being a dad was new to Brynmor, his son was his first born child and although the situation wasn’t ideal and perfect, he loved the appaloosa painted boy. After all, a father was supposed to love his children, right? It was no less for the graying male, even though Henson wasn’t his and Roan’s child. He wouldn’t be any less either. But Brynmor had still to deal with the consequences of the situation.

Right now that wasn’t important though, or okay, not important wasn’t the right way to say it, but it wasn’t the first thing in mind. Offspring was back and he should go and greet the black male. What had been vague interest at first had grown into friendship – or at least from Brynmor’s side. He liked the Tundra’s ice king and had found a good companion in the male. On top of that he had caused a stir of life in the Tundra. Once again mares lived in their lands and the number of males was growing too.

”Offspring.” There is a welcoming smile upon his lips as he dips his head slightly, before his blue eyes meet red ones. ”It’s good to see you again, my friend.”

"Nothing is coming to rise."

@[Offspring]
    So, it has been a while since I wrote in English.. Have to get back in the flow I guess..

BROTHER, LET ME BE YOUR FORTRESS, WHEN THE NIGHT WINDS ARE DRIVING ON.
    I CAN BE THE ONE TO LIGHT YOUR WAY; I WILL BRING YOU HOME.

Time has come and gone, as it always does, as it always will. Each changing season brings forth familiar experiences - the soft, bristling breeze of autumn, the icy chill of winter, the warm caress of spring and the unadulterated discomfort of summer. Alas, the dying, crumbling remnants of summer have waned away, left behind by morning frost and dried out brush that lay scattered across the empty, barren wasteland that he so affectionately refers to as his dwelling. He settles in the midst of it all, a marred black canvas among a pale, muted landscape of gold. He is massive in stature and his posture is firm; strengthened by his resolve to always remain on guard for appearances - or worse. He is stiff, upright and solemn, as he always is.

His darkened red eyes peer across the land, which is bland in every sense of the word at this changing of time, but he savors it. Soon, it will be covered in a thick blanket of white, and with it, the very same frigidity that lingers within his blood and beneath his skin would soon envelope the land, unnerving those around him. He has become one with this land, and even after his figurative crown is long gone and his powers dwindle to dust, he will always be of snow and ice. It will always be a part of him; a lingering reminder of the harsh realities of life.

His mind quiets as he hears lingering footfall so near to him - he can tell by their weight and precision that they belong to none other than his right-hand. His long, sweeping neck turns so that he may look at him, deep red meeting blinding blue, a brief nod given in response to his name. It has been some time since he had last seen his companion - his closest friend, to be sure. Their time together had been brief as of recent, but their relationship remained strong. Intact. He knew he could rely on him, that he could depend upon him in any time of need, regardless of the expanse of time that lingered in between their conversations.

"Good morning, Brynmor. It has been some time, hasn't it?" He knew the answer as well and as thoroughly as Brynmor himself did, but it felt like it needed to be stated. A reminder to both of them that perhaps it had been too much time. "Diplomacy seems to be in good hands. I believe a strengthened alliance with both the Valley and Chamber is fast approaching, and much of that is due to you. I thank you. You have been good to me, and good to our Brothers." And there was more, but he decided to wait, his steady gaze upon the mottled gray male before him. He would settle and wait for the opportune moment to speak again, once formalities were brushed to the wayside.

OFFSPRING

the ice king of the tundra
    Brynmor

The dark ice king is just as he remembers him. Tall, massive, but his alert posture hadn’t changed either. Not that Brynmor would’ve expected that, in fact, it would even have surprised him. The stiff and upright stance doesn’t scare him away, because he knows that there is a friendly and gentle being underneath. Otherwise Offspring would’ve never been his closest friend. A treasured friend too.

He nods in agreement, what else was there for him to do? Those words were true, it had been a long time, maybe even too long. Although the graying male didn’t mind it to be on his own, companionship was a nice refreshment from time to time and although he dearly loved is Roan, the spot a best friend take is hard to find elsewhere. ”I can only agree with you, it really has been a while.” Even though they both already knew that, speaking as a councelor to his king. Status had never played a big part, of course Brynmor respected the red-eyed king because of both his being, accomplishments and their shared love for the Tundra, but nonetheless it sometimes had to be addressed.

The smile that pulls on the corners of his lips cannot be stopped. It doesn’t appear because he’s pleased to hear such compliment, but simply because he feels somewhat flustered. To the formerly blind male it is only natural to tribute to the Tundra in such way and he’s eager to. Not to pay back an old debt, but out of loyalty and love. ”I was merely a messenger for your words, but I’m glad that it has been fruitful” he cannot help but to reply, pausing a moment before continuing. ”I’m trying the best I can and I’m thankful for the opportunities that are given to me, so thank you, Offspring.”

”I’m glad that you’re back, Offspring, I hope your business elsewhere went well?” Even though he had to ask it out of politeness, it’s also genuine interest in his friend and curiosity to learn what the black male had done in his absence. After all, friends did talk about those things, right? How trivial they might seem.

OOC: A but rushed. Wanted to finish this in my train ride home ^^

BROTHER, LET ME BE YOUR FORTRESS, WHEN THE NIGHT WINDS ARE DRIVING ON.
    I CAN BE THE ONE TO LIGHT YOUR WAY; I WILL BRING YOU HOME.

"Business has yet to be settled, Brynmor - I think that it is time that you and I take the time to visit the Chamber." He muses quietly, his crimson gaze veering away from his companion for a moment as he observes the quiet terrain. It is still early, with the morning sun still edging towards the darkest edges of their lands, attempting to illuminate it and drench it in what little warmth it has to give in such a climate. He does not expect the lands to stir for a while yet, and in the midst of fatherhood, he finds himself savoring the brief moments of quiet that he is able to hold onto. He does not long for solitude; he much prefers the company of others - but he finds it is much harder to find a moment to contemplate in silence with gentle voices and affectionate prodding stirring him often from his deep thoughts.

He breathes deeply, his nostrils flaring as he gazes to him once again, observing the icy blue of his once blind friend. "It is time that we seal our alliances and move forward. Kingdare has proven to be a faithful ally, and friend to our Brothers - and his actions have spurred me to feel it is a fitful move to finalize this agreement. It seems fitting with an agreement on behalf of Topsail; it is time that we settle into our alliances and begin to practice, spar and mingle with our newly grounded companions."

He pauses then, still staring deeply at the dappled male before him, studying him heavily. Though he only takes a few careful moments to think, it feels like an eternity as he watches the humble, gentle and altogether loyal stallion that stand so close to him. He can very nearly feel his warmth, and perhaps Brynmor can feel the icy, frigid chill that rises from his flesh - when in deep thought, he often finds himself encased in a layer of frost, and such is true even now. At last, he speaks again, the faintest of smiles upon his otherwise solemn face.

"I also think that it is time to recognize what is shared between us - time to recognize what it is you mean to myself and the core of the Brotherhood. I would like you to take the position of right-hand, Brynmor. Second only to myself. I need a figurehead that I can rely on, and you have proven your strength and finesse in this area. I think you know what the position of second-in-command entails - and eventually, my time as King will end and I will need someone with the heart of the Tundra to take my place. I understand that it is a hefty decision to make. You do not have to make this decision now, if you need time to think it over."

OFFSPRING

the ice king of the tundra

Sorry for the delay! @[Brynmor]
    Brynmor

A frown crosses on his face as the black king tells him that business had yet to be done. Offspring had been away for the whole summer and now he told him that he hadn’t been able to get the things done. It only clicks in Brynmor’s mind as his friend says they should soon visit the Chamber. It wasn’t the business he had meant to ask about, but the answer is not less important and interesting. Ever since Killdare had come to visit them in the Tundra, to talk about an alliance, he had told himself that he would have to visit the Chamber. It was time that he would see the place for the first time, although he had lived there his whole youth.

As he settles himself comfortable next to his king, putting one of his hindlegs on rest, he listens. The cold that radiated from Offspring didn’t bother nor surprise him anymore. He was accustomed to the cold and it actually was quite fitting for a Tundra king to be bonded with his kingdom in such way. ”I have to admit that Killdare isn’t like those that I met during my time there. But I think it will be good for me to see it myself. It is hard to forget what has happened in the past, yet I believe things have changed since then. I have changed, I have seen the Tundra change and so could the Chamber have changed. I only have a little trouble recognizing it.” Maybe that was because Brynmor wasn’t ready yet to put himself over the grudge he held against the Chamber. Or maybe he was simply afraid to lose that what drove him to put all his best effort in the Tundra.

”You’re saying that you want us to mock with them? Did you have any specific plans for that?” They had yet to start having mock battles and debates. Brynmor himself had fought one mock battle, and won it, but he couldn’t exactly say that it had been due to his successful techniques. Although he had gotten accustomed to see, the graying male wasn’t really aware of how he could use that in his advantage when it came to a battle. But they said that practise made perfect, right?

This time the silence drags on for a longer period. Blue eyes met red ones and Brynmor couldn’t stop his surprise from showing. Sure he had been stand in for the king before, but that was something different than to be asked to the right-hand of the king, nonetheless successor. He parts his lips to speak, but no words are coming, and thus he closes his mouth again. Instead he let his gaze travel across the Tundra’s fields, but he cannot really enjoy the view as his thought go in overdrive.

It is only after a while that he turns his gaze back to Offspring again. For a short moment his lips pull up to a smile, but soon it falters and his gaze grows more serious. ”You know I’ll do anything for the Tundra, whatever would be in her interest. I will accept the place at your side, if you’d still want me. I will be honoured to stand at your side. But..” he pauses, looking away again, before continuing. ”I’ve never pictured myself as a king. I need some time to think it over, but we both know that I’ll do whatever is the best for the Tundra.”

Okay.. this costed me way to long. Think I needed 2 hours or so to get it done XD.