• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

We Shall Be Born and We Shall Die {OPEN}
    NO WINTER LASTS FOREVER

I watched curiously, the interactions between the many horses. My daughter stood at my side, nearly equaling myself in height and stature. There is a different fire in her eyes, one that would likely mean she'd go for the Warrior path instead of a more peaceful, Diplomat future. She was two, and will turn three soon enough, and choose her future at that time. She often play-fought with colts, and was developing a lean amount of muscle. She was a tough young mare, but her eyes shown with wisdom that she had learned from her odd questions for the elders - history on wars, such and such like that.
    She looked around and wandered off again, likely trying to hunt the elders down once more for some learning.

<
    div class="blazed_gradient">
    http://s19.postimg.org/4atttuij7/blazed.jpg">
    B L A Z E D
    Raelynx x G'ren Fire
    center>
    NO WINTER LASTS FOREVER
    Blazed

Jedi casually trailed into the Falls returning from a border patrol; he held a high position in the kingdom as a warrior and took pride in his job. He loved the Falls and wanted nothing more than to protect all the equines that lived here. As he trailed deeper into the kingdom he couldn't help but see two mares, one obviously younger and not yet full grown. At first he thought they were from another Kingdom but at second glance he had met these two, some time ago and the younger mare was just a filly. He gave a small smile and a whinny in greeting before bounding over to the two.

As the painted stag reached them he ears remained perked forward Hello Blazed, it sure has been a while since I've seen you his eyes slowly turned to the younger mare, who he suspected to be Blazed's daughter. He dipped his head as the filly had grown into a mature and beautiful mare, although she had a fire to her, she did not seem like a quiet conservative mare like some. Hello Blazing Sunfall, you sure have grown since we last spoke a small laugh escaped, it was interesting to see the equines grow up, and the Falls was slowly growing full of life. The foals he met when he first arrived to the Falls were nearly grown now, and new ones were born every year.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk
    NO LIFE LASTS FOREVER

Blazed heard Jedi's voice and turned towards him, shifting head slightly, in respect to him, downwards before replying. "It has been a while, indeed. Nearly a year and a half. Time passes much more quickly in a Kingdom." She says, eyes hooded against a few flies. "I never was a fan of Autumn, but I enjoy the cooling temperatures of it." She continues after a short pause before looking towards Sunfall.
    Sunfall heard the voice before she realized it was Jedi. It took a couple seconds to remember to reply, and she trotted over smoothly before slowing into a gentle halt. "Yes, it has been. Please, Sunfall or Sun is fine." She says, a bit bashfully, with a respectful look to her gentle, deep brown eyes. Her face and stature showed the wisdom she had learned, and she understood much more than the average two-year-old filly should. She was close to coming of age. "I'm hoping to join the Warrior caste when I turn three in a fortnight. I just don't find using my words to win very fun. But killing isn't fun or funny, either. I.. I just feel that my heart lies in the Warrior caste." She says, slowly, quietly, having shuffled closer to Jedi so she wouldn't be overheard by passing Diplomats. They often disapproved her rough-housing play-fights and spars with the various colts she had become friends with.
    Blazed thought about how she'd likely have a small chance of seeing her first-born, Sunfall, after she went to join the Warrior caste. How every time she left to guard a royal meeting between kingdoms, she could easily not come back, how every war was a chance to lose her only child. Her eyes displayed a worry for her child, Sunfall, as she watched her tell her thoughts to the Warrior stallion, Jedi.

B L A Z E D
    Raelynx x G'ren Fire

@[Jedi] OOC - I changed "NO WINTER LASTS FOREVER" to "NO LIFE LASTS FOREVER" since she'd be five, almost six considering Sunfall is almost three. O.O Geez.. Where'd the time go..?
    NO WINTER LASTS FOREVER
    Blazed

He gazed at the grullo mare with a smile, it was nice to pick up where things were left off. He remembers first meeting the two with Ygritte, Jedi was new to the kingdom. He was although curious to there disappearance. Yes time certainly does fly around here He gave a nod when she spoke about the weather I do enjoy the cooling temperature but I'm a fan of spring, I cannot stand the cold that follows autumn he gave a snort at the thought of the white snow that will soon cover the ground of the Beqanna.

His attention turned to Sunfall as she moved forward joining in on the conversation. The young mare spoke properly, she introduced herself and seemed to be mature beyond her age. To his amazement the mare told him she wanted to join the warrior caste when she turned three and Jedi couldn't help but smile we would love to have you in the warrior caste, we already have two mares whom I'm sure would love to train with you. he knew that the mare had a certain fire, she as not like the others. Most foals who were at breeding age wanted to leave there born kingdom and venture off to find a suitor, or start there own herd. But this mare, she wanted to remain in the Falls and become a member of the Warrior caste. This was something that Jedi could admire, and he could only hope that his foals would make similar decisions.

The young mare moved closer to Jedi and he found it funny that she still held her innocence of a foal. Come find me when you turn three, I will show you the border patrol, I'll even train with you He smiled his ears flicked forward. His gaze wondered back to Blazed whos eyes showed worry for her daughters decision. He understood her fears, but hoped she trusted him and the other Warriors to protect her.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk

OOC: lol seriously though!!

P.S. what color is sunfall?
    @[Jedi] OOC - I know! Lol..! She's a Grullo, I think... Umm lemme go check her breeding thread quick. Ok, oh she's a Black, Will Grey. Blazed*Carnage, Magic became Fire Breathing but it's not expressed, sadly!
    And.. Post!

NO WINTER LASTS FOREVER

Usually, it was a few general questions, yada yada, courtesy of conversation, etc. But we were more than that. Friends talk about more than that. "I do as well, Jedi." She says happily. She reminisced about how they had first met, upon chance, when she was brand new here and Sunfall was barely a fortnight old.

"Dedicate yourself and you could find yourself Standing in a Hall of Fame, the whole world's gonna know your name.. Be students be teachers be politicians be preachers be believers be leaders be astronauts.."

Sunfall looked between her mother, Blazed, and the Warrior, Jedi. "I'm obliged. I love it here. It's busy, and I have friends to hang out with, and I can choose what I want to do as an adult. I'd be glad to go out on patrol with you. Honestly, it's an honor." She says, truth shining in her voice and a slight blush to her face. She closed her eyes for a moment, and continued. "You'd.. You'd train with me?" She says, astonished that an experienced warrior like Jedi would invite a new mare like herself to train with them. She looks down, towards the ground, then back up.

"Be champions be truth-seekers. Be Students be teachers, be politicians be preachers, be astronauts be champions-- Standin' in a hall of fame, whole world's gonna know your name.."

Blazed stepped a few paces away and motioned Jedi over. "Jedi, when she turns three, I want you to make sure she doesn't do anything stupid or too reckless. She's likely my first and only foal, and I want her to have a chance at staying alive for a full life. I trust you with this, don't let it be broken." She says nervously, honestly, ears flickering around and tail swishing slightly as signs in her anxiety.

B L A Z E D
    Raelynx x G'ren Fire

The painted stag smiled as the darker younger mare was eager to start her training, and appeared satisfied that Jedi offered to train her. His ears swiveled gently and he dipped his head Of course I would, you seem like you will make a fine warrior one day. In fact we could do a border patrol at your age now, I don't see a problem with that so long as the young mare was always with someone on a patrol there should be no problem.

His gaze trailed to Blazed who seemed worried about her life decision, and finally spoke up expressing her fear. Jedi gave a nod, he gently extended his neck to nuzzle hers I promise I will watch over your daughter and keep her safe he was genuine and hoped Blazed would have no fear of her daughter being apart of the warrior caste. The Falls even had powers to heal those within death, he would take the filly under his wings and protect her like any other herd member.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk
    "Thank..Thank you.. - there was a slight pause as she listened again - You would? Could we?" She says gratefully and then asks excitedly - she had often done "patrols" around the areas as a younger filly to keep herself occupied and would spar with colt "intruders" if she came across any. She nodded her head once slightly and spotted one of her colt friends, darting a few paces towards them with a small bugle in hello.

Blazed, however, listened to Jedi's words and accepted them. "Thank you, Jedi. I just.. Worry that she doesn't fully understand this isn't just play fighting with colt friends. I trust you fully." She replies quietly, surveying the area. She walked back into the mid-day sunlight and basked for a few moments in it's warmth. "Jedi? Do you have an idea where I could find Kreios or Ygritte? I have.. Something I want to talk to one of them about." She asks the stallion quietly, looking back at him with warm eyes.
    @[Jedi]

Jedi gave a warm smile to the young mare Yes of course, I will call for you before my next border patrol it was nice to see a young horse ready to be a warrior. Something that they idolized there whole childhood, and Jedi had the honor of showing the filly the way of the warriors. He did not have any foals of his own so he always had a soft spot for the younger equines.

His gaze trailed to Blazed who was grateful for Jedis promise to protect her daughter, he dipped his head gesturing a 'you're welcome'. At which point she asked if Jedi knew were she could find Ygritte or Kreios, he paused before speaking. Well I know the both have been occupied with there new born foal, I'm sure if you called out to them they would respond, they are somewhere in the Falls. The royals were always busy, if it wasn't taking care of there duties, keep peace in the kingdom, recruiting or taking care of there foals they were off making alliances with other kingdoms. It has been a busy past year and a half for the Falls with growing alliances, and the King and Queen were always helpful to there own kingdom members, surely they wouldn't prove to hard to find.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk

@[blazed]
    @[Jedi]
    It was about mid-day when I heard the voice of the one I had begun to seek - Ygritte. She was calling for all diplomats, and both I and Sunfall looked that way for a moment.

Sunfall stayed longer than I did. I left right away after her call. I wondered why she had to wait, but remembered she, too must have children to continue her legacy onwards.

I (Blazed) looked between Sunfall - my firstborn - and Jedi - my old friend who I trusted with my fears, my secrets with - lovingly. I loved Sunfall as my only, precious child. And I loved Jedi as the best friend I have ever had. Sure, I had family and siblings back at the Valley, but I'd much rather hang around here with friends I truly trusted.

"Thank you. Well, that would be what I might be looked for. I should likely go." I say calmly, friendly, to Jedi. My tone was happy yet distant - I had certain things on my mind. My blind eye sat still while I looked towards Jedi, I had learned to sense with feel and hearing rather than sight for that side. I would, indeed, check by swinging my head around on that side to see, but mostly made sure to keep my good eye on the side I was being talked to. It was only a bit cloudy, not even very mis-colored. Nothing to put off people.

Sunfall followed shortly after Blazed. She said only "Thank you. Jedi. Actually, I would have turned three this dawn! I shall begin full training tomorrow?" Happily before trottingtrotting after Blazed excitedly, hoping to tell her the news.
    Holding Out on Grades