• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Strolling through the Neighborhood

CANYS

The four year old Stallion walked through the tall grass of the field wondering why he had ever left such a beautiful place. Beqanna was his home, whether he liked it or not. Even after years of travel Canys had not forgotten the reason he left. With this thought resting in the back of his mind, Canys continued moving through the grass until he eventually found a spot to rest underneath the blue skies. As he slowly closed his eyes, he asked himself if there was any chance for a new life in this world. The cool winds of the spring season washed gently over his scarred and mangled body. Long and deep cuts, since healed over, were scattered all over his flanks and face. His past had definitely left its mark, but with pain comes strength. That was the phrase he had heard so many times before, and it was that training which allowed him to survive for this long. Canys was more than willing to leave his past behind him, but he knew that was a fool’s dream. Bloody was his past and so shall be his future.

With pain comes Strength

BROTHER, LET ME BE YOUR FORTRESS, WHEN THE NIGHT WINDS ARE DRIVING ON.
    I CAN BE THE ONE TO LIGHT YOUR WAY; I WILL BRING YOU HOME.

He is wandering today; something that he does not often do. He is at ease within the icy walls and caverns of his Kingdom of frost, and yet something spurs him to step past the thick shield of ice that borders their terrain so menacingly, his massive, scarred form moving with deliberate ease. His deep crimson eyes study the ground below as his heavy prints leave lasting impression, the frigid frost of a waning winter fading from sight as he enters into the mild, temperature climate below the mountain crown. The sun bathes his thick obsidian coat, the old pink puckered scars of battles won and lost glinting beneath its light as his muscles ripple beneath - he savors the feel, if only for a moment. It is not often that he can feel its warmth so saturated against his skin.

A gentle breeze drifts through as he travels on, the day growing long as he wanders aimlessly. He has no ill will in mind, no alliance to forge, no relationship to enforce. He is alone with his mind, a scattering of thoughts loosely rattling within his brain. The tall grasses of the thick plain stroke beneath the underside of his belly and caress his flank, and for a moment, he breathes deeply, inhaling the sweetness of another season changing. With the gentle blossoming of foliage and fauna, something else lingers within his senses - and he gazes towards it, lazily. He finds the presence of another - unexpected, but not wholly undesired. A male, something he is familiar with (living with mostly males himself for a majority of the time), flanked with scars as deep and as horrific as his own.

A low chuckle rumbles through his throat as he presses closer, maintaining his distance so as to not disturb him - this male of burnt citrus and splashes of teal - his deep red eyes set upon him curiously.

"It is not often that I come across someone with scars like my own; you must have a very interesting history." And he does, too, undoubtedly. "Forgive me if I am intruding. My name is Offspring. And yours?"

OFFSPRING

the ice king of the tundra

CANYS

The dark stallion's deep scars and twisted figure reminded Canys of his own mangled body, but alarmed him nonetheless as he knew that the figure which stood before him could prove a formidable adversary. “These scars all have a story, but they are far lesser than the ones I have left in my wake” he responded after readying himself for a possible confrontation. “My name is Canys, what cause do you have to disturb me?”

With pain comes Strength

BROTHER, LET ME BE YOUR FORTRESS, WHEN THE NIGHT WINDS ARE DRIVING ON.
    I CAN BE THE ONE TO LIGHT YOUR WAY; I WILL BRING YOU HOME.

"Perhaps I was in error." He states carefully now, his eyes darkening heavily as he observes the other in a new light. He had approached with no ill will in mind, but had simply seen a wanderer lingering in a quiet field - not too much unlike he had done years ago. Intending to extend the olive branch of companionship, perhaps even of Brotherhood, he paused in his journey - a lackadaisical one, all things considered - a massive male of sinewy muscle and scarred appendages. Though he had not meant any harm, the other had snapped, and his defensive, angry posture caused the massive black King to step back.

"I mistook you for someone who might be looking for refuge; perhaps Brotherhood. Companionship. Your demeanor now is unnecessary. I have no desire to fight with you - what do you have that I could possibly want?" He eyes him carefully, nostrils flaring as he can feel his temper rising. There are few things that agitate him more than irate disrespect; he had offered it to him and now stood empty handed before a male with nothing but a poor attitude. He towered over him in height, outweighed him in muscle and outnumbered him in years - those who wage war should tread lightly. Certainly this was not something that he desired to have within his Kingdom. "A pleasure, Canys. I should hope that I will not have the pleasure again."

And with that, he leaves, heavy head shaking in mild disbelief as he trots beyond the forest line and disappears from sight.

OFFSPRING

the ice king of the tundra

CANYS

As the winds shifted upon the grass, Canys finally realized that the horse which had stood before him was no ordinary creature. It seemed as Offspring's shadow lengthened in the setting sun, as he loomed over Canys with his massive body almost completely blocking the light. In an instant Canys recognized this grand stallion as more than just a formidable adversary, but instead found him to be a sure defeat if it would come to that. Canys had surely tangled with larger horses before, but never anything like this. He began to weigh his options, and wonder if this was the place his story would end. Then, in an instant, Offspring had gone.

As the dominant and umbraic figure of Offspring's body drifted from Canys' sight, he began to ponder why the rather intimidating horse had left so suddenly. Maybe Canys had misspoke when he questioned Offspring's intentions, but lacking the proper education in the art of courtesy he merely acted as he would against any stranger which approached him so heartily. It had been a long time since Canys had known any true friends in this world that would not eventually betray him. Yet, one thought still loomed in the back of his mind. A stallion such as himself could only last so long in this place of lands and titles without any aid. More often than not, it was banding together which allowed for any semblance of safety in his life. The young stallion barely knew anything about the politics or the population of the world into which he had entered, and as he had come to recognize it was who you knew rather than what you knew.

The sun now began to set upon the horizon and Canys understood the path which he must now take if he wanted to have his fresh start. Canys thought on Offspring's words carefully hoping not to further disrespect the stallion who had gone out of his way to offer him a place in this world. Then with a new and impassioned vigor he drew all the air he could into his lungs and began to chase after Offspring. His hooves resounded on the dirt as he began to run in the direction that Offspring had so swiftly gone. Canys hoped that it was not too late to find a brother in this foreign and intimidating world.  

With pain comes Strength

@[Offspring]