• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Alliance Has Been Declared-[Anahi, Any]
    Archam

Archam pondered about the herd lands, he returned from the Golden Plains and speaking with Phaedrus A couple weeks ago. He wanted to share the news of the alliance with everyone in the herd, but mainly Anahi. He agreed that there daughter would be traded for one of Phaedrus' and she needed to know. In two years times they would be saying goodbye to there first born child.

His head turned as he gazed around, a small nicker escaped his mouth and he returned to gaze about. The snow has melted and the temperature was growing warmer, spring was just around the corner and soon the flowers would bloom and the trees would be fully green again. Life as always being born around the spring, the nature always bloomed and the new life of foals came around. The mares of all kingdoms and herds would soon explore around to flaunt there newborn children, and Archam was expecting some of his own. Morigan who was perhaps pregnant with twins, her stomach was much bigger than any pregnancy he has seen. It was a rare sight but certainly possible, and he was excited to see there new life.

Also expecting in the coming weeks was Anahi, with there second foal. He was curious to how she would take the news, seeing as how she was flabbergasted with the deal he and Besra made. How would she feel knowing that he made an agreement to give away there daughter to the opposing herds stallion. The only way to find out was to speak with her, he was hoping to catch her without Sirana so they could break the news to her at a later time.

Lead Stallion of Cobblestone Creek

@[Anahi]
    The one thing that Anahi hated about her growing stomach was that it made moving around more difficult than ever. Of course, it'd be worth it in the end, but that didn't mean she also had to enjoy the stages of her pregnancy, especially when she got bigger.

Plodding on, the mare blew air from her nose as she contemplated this pregnancy. This was her second foal since the stillborn... the thought she already had a foal of her own made her absolutely thrilled. She had her own child, and another on the way. She found motherhood tiring, but a joy all the same. She couldn't wait to see how this little one would turn out.

Sirana had taken the news that she'd be an older sibling surprisingly well. She did have siblings through her sire, but this sibling would be fully related to her. Same sire, same dam, and that made Anahi excited. It meant Sirana would have a sibling to help raise, to be a model for; it'd teach her responsibility, how to be a good horse so her little brother or sister could grow to be the same.

The champagne mare took in a deep breath as she crested a small ridge in front of her. She'd be glad when she dropped this foal; it meant moving around would get easier. Speaking of, it would be only another two or three weeks, if Anahi had been keeping track. Wow, it had gotten here sooner than she'd thought.

When she'd reached the small outcropping where some of her favorite grazing was, the mare lowered her head. She smiled contentedly as the fresh spring grass filled her belly. She'd need this in order to keep herself in good condition so she could produce milk for the foal.

Her ears perked when she detected a nearby nicker. Lifting her head, Anahi assessed it; the nicker had sounded like Archam for sure. Wondering what he could want, she walked in his direction, curiosity in her eyes. She almost wanted to call for Sirana, but decided to leave her alone. The filly was nearly a year old now; she could take care of herself. That, and Sirana had said she'd probably be hanging around the kingdom today, either to see Nitika and Raxa as they trained, or being in the grove Anahi had discovered by the waterfall and enjoying the grazing there.

Either way, unless she snuck off and out of the kingdom, Anahi was fine with her daughter being alone. She needed to start learning anyway, even though the weaning had been the beginning of the process.

Cresting another small ridge, Anahi whickered at seeing Archam there. She walked up to the stallion, a smile appearing.

"Hello Archam," she said, nuzzling the base of his neck to greet him.

@[Archam]
    Archam

He paced back and forth five or six times, he stood in an opening that was barricaded by trees, with an exit leading into the main portion of the herd lands. His tail swayed gently, releasing the anxiety built up in him, he could only hope that Anahi would understand his decision, and even agree that it was a smart move to protect the herd.

Shortly after reliving the conversation with Phaedrus, Anahis scent ran through his nares. His ears pricked forward as he anxiously awaited her to appear, and appear she did. She came over with a smile and nuzzled his neck. He gave a smile back moving his head to nuzzle her shoulder, trailing down to fully pregnant stomach Hello Anahi he spoke as he walked around the mare, keeping his muzzle on her. He nudged her opposite shoulder gently as he ended his circle.

How are you doing? he asked, curious to how her pregnancy was treating her. She was full term now and ready to deliver any week, he was excited to see the life they created together. Although thinking of the new foal only reminded him he had to tell Anahi about Sirana. Anahi his voice grew serious Do you think Sirana would like a herd life? Maybe even a kingdom? I mean she can't stay with our herd forever, eventually she will need to leave he eased into the conversation, picking at her thoughts before telling her of the alliance.

Feeling Archam's muzzle against her belly caused the mare to shudder a little, and she gave a light laugh. Her hind hoof came up against her swollen belly, her eyes bright, "Hey, that tickles."

Shaking off the feeling, the mare nickered at him as he walked around her, keeping his muzzle on her. Once he had finished, she did the same in return, though kept her nuzzle around his shoulder.

"I'm okay," Anahi answers the stallion's question. "I'm ready for this foal to be out. Feels like it's taking more time than it did with Sirana. I'm like a dam ready to burst at this point," she joked.

When Archam spoke again, Anahi immediately took notice of the seriousness in his voice. Why did he sound so concerned about their daughter? Had she done something? Why was he busying himself with worrying how she would live? She still had a full year or so before she had to decide where she wanted to live.

"Honestly, I think she'd like it," Anahi stated. "I mean, for all we know, perhaps she does wish to stay in our kingdom, and in your herd, you never know. Maybe she will want to go off and live her own life. We can't exactly tell right now, and she hasn't said anything. But with her kind spirit, and her patience, I think she'll do well in herd life. Any particular reason you're asking so soon?"

@[Archam]
    Archam

Archam gazed at Anahi when she commented on her current pregnancy. He gave a nod hopefully we will meet the foal soon he smiled slightly nudging her shoulder before returning to a more serious state again. He watched her as she was puzzled with his question, and listened as she gave her thoughts. She said that perhaps Sirana would want to stay in the Falls or even the herd; he could feel an arrow go through his heart when she made that statement. He did not mean to chose the life for his daughter, but it had to be done. He wanted the alliance and Sirana was who he had to offer, he only hoped that Anahi and Sirana would be understanding.

He took a deep breath before he began the story, his heart began to beat faster with anxiety. He grew nervous, not about his decision, but were Anahi would fall after the conversation. His eyes fixated on Anahi; I only asked because I made an alliance with Phaedrus....I know he is bitter about Besra and the fact that she promised me there first born daughter. I did not want him to retaliate so I made and alliance to protect everyone. Sirana will be going to Phaedrus herd when we receive Phaedrus daughter, she will also have to be apart of the Dales kingdom His eyes gazed to the right, he did not want to look at Anahis shocks. He hoped she would understand, this was something he needed to do to protect his herd. It was bad enough he had Chemdog on his ass all the time, but he did not need Phaedrus lurking around the corner as well. This would protect all current and future mares and foals.

At first, Anahi didn't think anything of what Archam was saying. He made an alliance with Phaedrus; so what? It's not as if that was unusual. In fact, it was becoming a common thing lately; Ygritte had been speaking to the diplomats of the kingdom about going out to the ones they hadn't formed an alliance with yet. Ygritte and Kreios were making good decisions lately.

But it was the condition of the alliance that shocked the champagne mare. Had Archam really done something like that? Had he given away their daughter that easily? Anahi wasn't over personally loyal, so she saw reason; this would protect future members of the herd. But still, for it to be their firstborn child; the child that was so dear to her since it was the first since the stillborn...

Anahi had to step away for a moment. She turned, hiding the shock on her face, figuring Archam didn't want to see it, considering he'd looked away. The mare thought about it for a while before glancing at Archam from the corner of her eye, "Was it the only way to ensure this? The herd's safety?"

@[Archam]
    Archam

The stallions eyes gazed to the ground before he faced her, to view her expressions. It was silent after he spoke, and the tension was so thick you could cut it. She displayed a few emotions, confused, sad and even a little mad. Although she showed all those emotions in the end she displayed understanding, it exhaled a deep breath at the display of anger disappearing. His heart beat began to slow back to a normal pace, he felt like he didn't breath the whole time(even though he was).

She did not freak out, or yell at him and she did not run away the mare simply asked if this was the only option to keep the herd safe. He gave a nod of his head looking for her gaze, which was now facing away. This was the only option, he wanted a mare in return. I assure you he will take care of our daughter, she will not be unhappy. I think she will enjoy the Dales Kingdom, and he has plenty of mares for her to befriend. it was almost like he was trying to convince himself. And the Dale is close so you could both visit each other frequently he made sure to add, relieving the mare of any horrible thoughts she may have.

@[Anahi]
    "I know it's close, I went there once to see what the territory was like," Anahi told the stallion, finally turning back around to look at him. She walked over so she was now standing in front of him. Her eyes were a mask to what she really felt inside; she felt betrayed, hurt, angry that Archam didn't even think of talking to her before he'd made the deal with Phaedrus.

However much Anahi wanted to yell at him, she knew it was pointless. She'd heard from Raxa what Phaedrus was like, according to what the brindled mare had heard from others. If any deal made in his presence, any deal with him, was broken, he'd be very angry, and would take what wasn't his in order to make his time worthwhile. If Anahi tried to break the deal, not only would Besra's daughter be able to stay there, but Phaedrus would take Sirana as well.

The champagne mare lowered her head, her eyes drifting shut as she spoke up again, "I'm not mad... there's no point in it... I've heard about him... his kingdom... but still Archam... she'll be only two years old... she's still so young... What if she won't be able to take care of herself there? You know how independent she is. What if Phaedrus tries to hurt her?"

@[Archam]