• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

what am I fighting for? birthing, any
    Morigan
    WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR? THERE MUST BE SOMETHING MORE. FOR ALL THESE WORDS I SING, DO YOU FEEL ANYTHING?
    God this pregnancy has been taxing. 

It had been normal at first, just as it had been with Merida. Her belly had started to grow, her appetite had grown and her ankles had begun to swell, though thankfully only a little. It had seemed like it was going to be a perfectly ordinary pregnancy. 

But then her belly had just kept on growing. 

At this point, so close to her due date, she feels like a whale. 

She’s been keeping to herself again, spending her days waddling in and amongst the trees on the northern side of the creek. As lovely as Anahi has been to her, she just feels awkward in company these days. Especially her daughter’s unfortunately. 

Merida is growing by the day, and at a year old, Morigan can see the makings of a beautiful young mare already. Merida is going to be a handful, not that she isn’t already. The girl is always off on some adventure or other, dashing about as quickly as her legs can carry her. A little hard for an overly pregnant mare to keep up with. 

She’s deep in the quietest part of the woods when the labour pains first hit her. She barely has time to find a hollow to lie down in before instinct takes over. 

The whole process is long and painful, far more so than it had been with Merida. But, eventually, it’s over. And twin colts are lying at her side. 

With a loud groan she forces herself up onto her feet, and wobbles over to the boys to start cleaning them off. She’d started to suspect twins, what with the size of her belly, but to actually have them there, lying in front of her …

It’s a little overwhelming. 

But surprisingly, she’s not worried. She has Archam, and Merida, and even Anahi. If she has trouble keeping up with the two of them, she’s sure she’ll have help from her new little family.

As she cleans, she’s unsurprised to find a few splashes of purple on one of the boy’s coats - clearly her genes are showing through. But, she is surprised to find a small horn spiralling out of the other boy’s head. How odd. Neither she nor Archam have horns … perhaps some vestige of magical blood in their ancestry has been passed down? No matter though, both of them appear to be healthy, and that’s the important thing. 

When both of the boys are clean she gives each of them a little nudge and steps back, hoping that the both of them will be quick to their feet. She takes a quick glance at the surrounding trees, before returning her gaze to the twins. She hopes Archam will be able to find them here in the thick of the woods. 

SAID I'M OKAY, BUT I KNOW HOW TO LIE. YOU WERE ALL THAT I HAD, YOU WERE DELICATE AND HARD TO FIND.
    Archam

Archam had returned from a border patrol from the kingdom, he slowly trailed through the herd lands. Passing the creek he looked around; soon the mares would begin foaling. He continued to move forward, curious to where the said mares were. Foaling season was upon them, and either Morigan or Anahi could foal at any moment. Aware that Morigan was more anti social he made his way deep into the herd lands, where she spent most of her time. He halted as a familiar scent ran through his nares. It was the musky scent of birthing, his ears pricked forward as he grew closer to the location of the smell. He was able to pick up Morigans scent and gave out a nicker, continuing to follow the trail.

After weaving in and out of a few trees, passing a few mud puddles and stomping over a few flower beds he made it to a small clearing where the purple spotted mare stood hovering over two foals . He had his suspicions that Morigan was carrying twins, mainly on the fact that her stomach did not stop growing, he had never seen a pregnant mare have such a large stomach, but he could not believe his eyes that there truly was two foals before him. He was now trotting, and stopped when he was standing beside the three of them, he extended his neck down to the foals gently trailed his mouth across both of them. 

The foals gazed around, new to life and curious about everything moving life. There gaze went from Morigan to Archam and to each other, quickly glancing at the birds that flew over head and the bugs that jumped in between the grass every now and than. Archam gave a smile viewing over them, a bay one with purple points, he shared the coloring from both him and Morigan. The other one shared the same color as Archam, bay roan but to his surprise he had a horn! He glanced to Morigan, she had purple spots but he never knew that she had family lines with horns. It was truly a shock to him, but the colt would prove to be a strong and powerful leader one day. 

His gaze than trailed back from the foals to Morigan, he smiled at her stepping nearer. He gently trailed his muzzle across her neck They are beautiful, what do you want to name them? he brushed his body against hers as he walked around her, now on the opposite side. His body leaned against hers trailing his gaze from Morigan to the twins.

Lead Stallion of Cobblestone Creek
    Morigan
    WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR? THERE MUST BE SOMETHING MORE. FOR ALL THESE WORDS I SING, DO YOU FEEL ANYTHING?
    And then without warning, Archam is there.

The roaned stallion slips quietly through the trees, eyes fastened on the two boys before him. Morigan smiles at the look on his face. She can’t blame him for momentarily having eyes only for them - the boys are beautiful, the both of them, beautiful and healthy.

She sees his eyes linger on the bay boy’s points, and on the spotted boy’s horn, then finally on herself. He seems quite surprised about the horn as well … it’s probably from her own ancestry then. Which makes sense, if she thinks about it. Her mother had been made entirely of ice, and her father … well, she knows nothing of her father besides the fact that he’d been a bastard, but it’s quite possible that he’d had magical blood too. Funny how these things are coming out of the woodwork now.

She crams the thought of her nameless father into the back of her mind as Archam steps up to her, dark muzzle trailing against softly against her neck. She smiles and returns the gesture, nudging softly at his speckled shoulder. “Thank you.” Her brown eyes follow his gaze to the twins as they investigate their new surroundings, and she can’t help but smile. Yes, the two of them had been quite the surprise, but she wouldn’t wish it any other way. “I wondered if you might want the honour of naming them?” She’s bandied about a few names, but she’d had the chance to name her first, to name Merida, and if the boys’ father wants the chance to name them, she truly does not mind.
    SAID I'M OKAY, BUT I KNOW HOW TO LIE. YOU WERE ALL THAT I HAD, YOU WERE DELICATE AND HARD TO FIND.
    Archam

The spotted mare tickled his shoulder with a nudge, his smile remained, he was happy with the three equine before him. His head quickly whipped to the left to gaze and Morigan when she asked if he wanted to name the colts, he was shocked. The mares normally do all of these things, he had been asked his opinion, but never given the honor of fully making the decision. He nuzzled from her shoulder up her spotted neck I would be honored he playfully dipped his head to her as he would a royal and turned his gaze back to the colts.

They grew more curious of life, They decided to try out there new legs using each other as a balancing mechanism. They both slowly but surely launched off the ground, taking a few wobbly steps, the purple pointed colt even stumbled but caught himself. It was almost as if they knew Morigan was there provider of food, or they had good sense of smell, they made there way over to Morigan feasting on the precious milk she provides.

Archam laughed at the curiosity they had, amazed to be able to watch there first steps. He laughed as they made there attempts, wobbly and stumbling, but smart enough to use each other. He was proud and hoped they would continue to use each other to there advantage as there life progressed. He looked at the bay colt with purple points Francois he spoke with his head held high, and his chest puffed proud to be the father of these colts. He than turned his gaze to the colt with a horn and you shall be Andras he gave a nod of his head, as if he confirmed to himself they were good names. He than turned to Morigan what do you think about those names? he asked ensuring she agreed they fitted. His tail swayed gently in the beautiful spring weather, a light breeze that trailed by.

Lead Stallion of Cobblestone Creek

@[Morigan]
    Morigan
    Archam seems quite touched when she offers to let him name the boys, and she’s instantly glad that she’d given him the option. He’s shown both her and Merida great kindness while staying living here, and it’s nice to be able to return that kindness in this small way.

She returns the soft nuzzle that he gives her, and her eyes follow as he turns his gaze back to their sons.

As they watch, both boys decide to test out their new legs, pushing up against each other as they attempt to defy gravity. Every so slowly they rise to their feet - the purple tipped colt stumbling once - until finally they stand on shaky new legs, staring at their patient parents. Then, far faster than she expected, they wobble over and begin drinking their fill of her fresh, warm milk.

Archam watches them, face full of what she can only describe as fatherly love and pride. It warms her heart to see it there, and it makes her wonder for one brief moment, what her life would’ve been like if she’d had a caring, present father like Archam.

But now is not the time for such thoughts.

She listens carefully as Archam thinks for a moment, then names both of the boys. She smiles broadly at him, then turns to look back at the boys as they drink. “I think they’re perfect.” Perfect indeed.