• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Finally Here (Nymphetamine)
    Nitika, like most mares, was delighted with the idea of one day having her own foal. However, the pregnancy leading up to the little one's birth was a whole different story. The day she'd found out she really was pregnant, she was ecstatic, but when her belly started getting bigger and bigger, things became more difficult. She groaned when she got off the ground after sleeping, she was hungrier than she'd ever been, and... well, the list went on.

The days leading up to now were the most stressful. Nitika had been encouraged by her friend, Anahi, to come to her home, the Cobblestone Creek area of the Falls territory, and give birth there. However, Nitika felt like she was intruding, and did not wish to do so. She had also originally planned to give birth somewhere else in the Falls territory, but that didn't happen either. She'd made the unfortunate mistake of venturing outside the kingdom, to the Forest, an area she'd explored while living in the Field before she called the Falls home. It was a nice place, and Nitika hadn't seen it since she'd gone to the Falls.

Wanting to visit, the mare had ventured out of the kingdom, enjoying the peace and quiet they were having since no wars were going on. She knew she was due to give birth soon, but since the Forest wasn't that far from her home, she figured she had time.

And then that's when it happened. While grazing among the trees, a surge of pain had ripped through the mare's belly. She'd painfully squealed before turning to nip at her stomach, wanting the sensation to go away. It did briefly, or at least lessened, before returning with a vengeance. After a while, figuring it wouldn't go away, the mare moved deeper into the trees, wanting to remain hidden so no one would bother her while she waited.

The pain came in intervals, and Nitika wondered why it wasn't going away. When she felt it going further down her back, toward her hindquarters, the mare realized exactly what was going on. She was giving birth! She hadn't expected that today; she'd hoped the foal would wait until she returned home, but clearly, that wouldn't happen.

Nitika didn't know much of what to do, but she'd seen some stuff before. She figured that if she pushed, maybe the pain would disappear. So, that's what she did. The pain was excruciating, the mare struggling at first to try and push the foal out. She stood up at one point and paced for a few minutes before laying down again, ready to give it another go.

The mare's neck was lathered in sweat as the process continued on. She continued to push and push as hard as she could, until finally, the pressure ceased. Despite how tired she was, the mare turned her head, eyes widening at what she saw laying on the ground behind her.

Beneath the liquid covering the body, Nitika saw the little creature was an overo, much like her dam, but with darker markings, probably a result of the sire of the little one. Nitika hadn't seen him much since the day they'd met all those months ago. No doubt this filly had inherited his coloring that resulted in the darker bay marks on her body.

Nitika heaved herself to her hooves, giving a light cough as she fought off her exhaustion. She turned her body toward the foal, lowering her head to sniff the tiny being. She was small, but then again, so was Nitika, both now, and when she was born. It wasn't anything alarming to the mare. The feature that did throw her off was that the foal had bright blue eyes like Nitika, but the right one seemed milky, like a thick cloud covered it.

The little one was blind in her right eye... that knowledge broke Nitika's heart. She wouldn't be able to see anything out of that eye, not ever... The mare could only blame herself. Many of her ancestors had blue eyes, and her grandsire and dam had both been blind in one eye, partially if not fully. The fact this filly had the same condition was not shocking, but heartbreaking all the same.

Nitika didn't like seeing the filly covered in all that liquid and blood. She lowered her head further, proceeding to clean her daughter's body. Not ceasing until it was pretty much all gone, the tovero mare sighed. Her eyes filled with wonder and love as she looked at the filly; this was her daughter, her own flesh and blood, finally brought into the world.

A couple of minutes after it was finished, something else happened that astonished Nitika. Her daughter was already trying to stand up! Just mere minutes afterwards. Though, why she was so shocked by this, Nitika didn't know. Considering the mare herself had stood up within the first five minutes after her birth, the fact the filly was trying so soon shouldn't surprise her.

And yet, seeing this tiny filly, her daughter, attempting the same thing, Nitika's heart filled with love. She just couldn't believe the good fortune she'd received in the form of this little filly.

It did take the young one a few tries, but finally, she found her footing. She then proceeded to wobble to Nitika's side, her tiny muzzle brushing against the mare's belly. Laughing, Nitika used her muzzle to nudge the filly toward her hind end, having a suspicion as to what the filly was searching for. This was confirmed when she felt the filly's muzzle latch onto her teat, greedily suckling the milk the mare was providing.

Content that her daughter was healthy and already having her first milk, the mare lowered her head to graze, being careful that she didn't move too much so her daughter could continue. As she grazed, she was thinking of good names for the filly, but also vaguely wondering if one day, the stallion she'd met, this filly's sire, would make an appearance so he could meet his daughter.

@[Nymphetamine]

It had been an odd year in many ways, but overall it was good. While Nymphetamine still felt the ache from Kimber brushing him off, belittling his attempts to tell her how he cared, the necromancer had found joy in other things. He had had a few pleasant evenings with a few mares that year. They were sweet, uncomplicated (in relation to "his" blue mare) and helped his see that getting along really shouldn't be so hard. That sharing a moment didn't need to be all angst and tough exterior. He enjoyed those moments... the feeling of connection without all the bullheadedness. It was a welcomed changed. He was reflecting on everything that had happened within the year, Vessel being kidnapped, his fall out with Kimber, the multiple promotions from Killdare, etc as he weaved through the trees that made up the forest. He had spent a little time here recently. It was a nice place to hide out from the real world for a brief time. Shaded, relatively quiet, and most importantly outside of Chamber. He had actually just left visiting with Minh, and her filly, one he had sired. They looked well and he would check in the Minh later after she was more settled. He was always more than happy to be a part of his little spawn's lives. The necromancer also knew that he had to keep some distance as well, as the mares were not his.

Well anyway, the blood bay stallion had decided that it was time to move back to Chamber as he had skirted his duties for long enough. While the summer breezes were still blowing he should use them as his own personal air conditioner as he made his way back. however, he heard a bit of a racket and stood still to discern the source. It didn't take him long to realize a mare was giving birth. He waited as the smell hinted at a familiar mare, Nikita he believed. He didn't move into the mares space, instead, he waited to make she the sounds didn't turn to distress. As he waited he remembered their night together many moons ago. She was sweet with a side of spunk if he recalled correctly. The memory continued to unravel until he heard laughter from the new mother. He took this as it was safe, or more so appropriate, for him to go to the mare.

Nymphetamine rounded the corner and saw the painted mare with her foal, a wobbly legged bay paint, he saw himself in the foal almost immediately. A smile came across his lips as he watched the two before he announced himself. He cleared his throat and came into view. "Congratulations Nikita, your foal is lovely, do you have a name yet?" He watched the foal as it stumbled around attempting to control its gangly legs. His attention went back to Nitika then, taking in her appearance, checking her over for any signs of harm or illness. There were none, she looked tired, but none the worse for wear. "You look well. I'm glad to have happened upon you. His words were genuine, and he smiled at her from his place at the head of the clearing. There was a part of him that wished to nuzzle the mare that had just given birth to one of his own, but he hesitated, not sure she would welcome his advances. So he waited, and enjoyed the moment.

Nymphetamine

in my heart, that barless prison
    discolours all with tunnel vision

[Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]
    As a familiar voice cut into the peaceful air surrounding the mother and her new filly, Nitika's head went up, ears alert. She had to admit, she wasn't suspecting him so soon, much less on the day the filly had been born. That wasn't to say she was complaining though; she'd enjoyed the company of the bay stallion, and was glad to see him again.

The paint mare smiled as Nymphetamine approached, her tail flicking back and forth to get rid of any bugs bothering her this time of day. She noticed he was looking at the filly for a moment before looking at her. No doubt he saw the resemblances between himself and his daughter.

"I'm glad you've come by as well; I was hoping you'd want to meet your filly," Nitika said as Siba almost stumbled from under her dam, having lost her footing. The filly righted herself and continued to drink. "It's good to see you as well; it's been a while." The paint mare smiled at Nymphetamine.

"I've been thinking of a few. I remembered the name of my grand dam on my father's side, and she looked pretty similar to our filly. I was thinking of the name... Siba," she told the stallion.

As if knowing they were talking about her, Siba neighed from her place under her dam. Nitika moved her head and nudged the filly out from under her, then nudged her hindquarters so she took a step toward Nymphetamine.

"Go on Siba. You can say hello," she told her daughter, nickering gently to let the filly know it was all right.

@[Nymphetamine]
    Even though Siba had heard something coming up from behind her, the filly did not show worry. She knew, even so young, that her dam would protect her. This large horse with her, her dam, would do anything to protect her, Siba just knew that.

So, when another voice cut into the peaceful air, Siba ignored it in favor of her mother's milk. In her effort to get more, she leaned too far forward and almost fell, but quickly gathered herself and placed her leg back under her body to prevent herself from falling. She continued suckling her dam's milk, letting out a squeal of disapproval when Nitika nudged her from under her body.

Siba tried to go back under, but the mare wouldn't have it. Instead, she gave Siba's little hindquarters a nudge so that she was away from her dam. Not understanding that, but hearing her dam speak, Siba turned around, her eyes widening a little when she saw another large horse in front of her. This one was very tall and large, and it frightened her a little that she was so close.

But her dam had said to say hello. Say hello? What did that mean? 'Hello'? Siba didn't know what that concept meant, so, instead, she took a shy step closer and stretched out her neck, taking in the scent of this big red horse in front of her.

The spring air was perfect, the scene was set and Nymphetamine was more than happy to be a part of it. He had met two of his children today and that was more than enough to be grateful for but as he stood here he knew there was more to it. He had vowed nearly a year ago that he would no longer torment himself in an effort to make things work with Kimber. It simply was not worth it, he had to move on. The witnessing the birth of his children reminded him of the way he was forced to drag it out of Kimber that Vessel and Vaughan were his.. or were most likely his as she had been with Warship as well. It had hurt him deeply to know he missed "his" children's earliest days. So the bay stood in Nikita and Siba's presence, he knew the grateful feeling was more than surficial. He knew he needed to be around this time. Sure he had other kids, sure he had met them but he hadn't cared then as he was so (though unbeknownst to him) absorbed with Kimber. Now he had decided to move on and it had hit him square in the face as he stood and talked to Nikita. There was a bubble of emotion within him. It clawed and the scared tough wall that was his emotional baggage.

The necromancer had been to absorbed in thought to catch part of the conversation but he did catch his daughter's name was Siba. "That is a good strong name. I am sure she will do it justice." Next thing he knew Nikita had pushed the filly toward him to say hello. Siba's reluctant-yet-curious advance towards him pulled his attention completely. Siba looked at him with uncertainty and reached for him from a distance with her neck stretched out as far as it could. "Hello, Siba, I'm Nymph. Your Pa." As he spoke the last phrase his eyes locked on Nikita's as he felt enormous pride. He stood to ineract with Siba a bit longer before he moved to stand next to Nikita. His nose brushed her shoulder, "We make a cute kid, no?"

Nymphetamine knew that Nikita had decided to live in the Falls, he had started to wonder if she would come stay in Chamber for a while, just until the babe was grown. He personally had respect for Ygritte and Kreios as they had helped find Vessel when she had been missing, but he knew he could not go to Falls. The necromancer was weeks away from becoming High Priest. As the ranking diplomat he knew he must stay close to Chamber. The winding trail of thoughts was way ahead of his current conversation point however so He needed to broach the concept gently. "I've been thinking, Nikita, I've lost the chance to see my Children grow up in the past, I don't want that to happen again....I want to be a part of Siba's life, if you'd allow it."

Sure nymphetamine was usually a cheeky sarcastic sort but time had tamed him a bit and he had learned there was a time and a place, and this was not the place. He would respect Nikita's decision by he hoped she would allow it. If she agreed he would ask about her staying at Chamber for a time, so he could be around, if not then he would just have to someone find time for many a trip to Falls.

Nymphetamine

in my heart, that barless prison
    discolours all with tunnel vision

Nitika smiled at Nymphetamine, glad that he was pleased with the name. As Siba began to show curiosity when faced with this stallion, the paint mare watched carefully, just in case something happened. She was entitled; even if Nymphetamine was the sire, this was her first foal. Of course the first-time mother was beyond nervous.

Laughing lightly as Siba sniffed at Nymphetamine, before pawing at the ground and squealing playfully. She then took off and hid behind her dam. The paint mare rolled her eyes, amused by her daughter's antics; clearly, Siba was just trying to play.

She looked back at Nymphetamine, her eyes widening a little when she noticed he was looking right at her. She didn't say a word as the blood bay stallion nudged her shoulder before commenting on how cute Siba was, something that Nitika whole-heartedly agreed with. The mare nodded before glancing back at her daughter, wordless as the filly once again made her way for her dam's teat.

"That we did," Nitika said, looking back at Nymphetamine. When he began speaking again, the paint mare listened intently. Hearing how he hadn't been able to be with his foals as they grew, it did make her quite sad.

She did not hesitate with her answer, "Nymphetamine, I'd be the most heartless mare in the world if I didn't allow you to be in Siba's life. You do not need permission from me; you can be with her as much as you'd like.

"I feel like I should ask though... it nags at me. I assume there is something that would prevent you from visiting the Falls very often, so if Siba was there, you couldn't see her as much?" Nitika wasn't the smartest horse in the world, but she was intuitive. There was a reason Nymphetamine had brought that topic up; her next goal was to lightly probe until she figured out what it was.

@[Nymphetamine]

Nymphetamine

The bay stallion was pleased to hear she was open to the ideas he had set forth. That mean he was one step closer to taking Nikita with him to Chamber. If only for a time, he would love to have her near. The fall air whipped through the trees and lifted his forelock as he listened to the mare speak, there own little one would be well looked after no matter where she grew up. If not with him in Chamber, then with Ygritte and Kreios in the Falls. While on the kingdom side of things Chamber and Falls didn't have the best relationship, but personally he trusted the two rulers after his time with them looked for Vessel. They were true to their word and he took great comfort in that.

Nikita called him out on his line of questioning, he was not coy in tactics, nor was she lacking in intelligence, so of course, she knew there was more to it, of course. He allowed her to catch his eyes with the end of her question, allowed the moment to hang for a moment. Time suspended in the imaginary link that held their eyes together for that moment. But he blinked soon enough and the moment was gone, however nice it was. His baritone voice fell in a smooth cadence, as he explained, "I am the highest ranking diplomat for Chamber, I would not be able to stay in the Falls for long periods. I am not sure if Ygritte or Kreios would be ok with it either. They are honorable, but our Kingdoms are not allies... also we are lacking in diplomats, so I am unable to delegate the jobs that need attending. Therefore my time is greatly taken by my rank." The necromancer was sure Nikita understood.

He closed the distance between them and ran his nose down her neck. His lips toyed with the base of her mane at her withers. He hoped he wouldn't have to leave her, but he understood he couldn't, or more so wouldn't force her to go to Chamber. "You could come stay in Chamber for awhile. No one would mess with you, you would be protected by myself and Killdare. You could leave whenever you wanted as well." He wasn't sure what she would think of it but he rested his chin on her withers as he hoped she would agree.

Like a thorn to the Holy Ones

ooc: I am soooo sorry for the wait. I know it's been a BQ year... ugh, i suck. My muse just vanished, and it has just come back... be can plan some stuff OOC so that way we aren't a year behind if you decide to take nikita to chamber or not. again sorry for the horrid wait.
    Nitika found herself a little stuttered when Nymphetamine's baritone voice fell into a cadence that sent a shiver up her spine. However, she did not let such a thing show on her face. The mare kept herself calm, listening to what Nymphetamine had to say.

She did understand the stallion better than what others may. She herself was part of the warrior caste of her kingdom, and while she wasn't of high rank, she was a valuable member, considering their warrior numbers weren't very large yet. She was a bit disappointed that their kingdoms were not allies though. Perhaps she could do something about that? Her friend Anahi was a good diplomat, and there was also Ashara. Maybe they could help create an alliance between the kingdoms?

The mare sighed contentedly as Nymphetamine ran his muzzle down her neck before playing with the part of her mane that was attached to her withers. She listened as the blood bay stallion spoke again. She knew he would keep his word; if not Nitika herself, then Siba would definitely be protected. That was all she wanted, safety for her daughter and the chance to grow up with her sire in her life.

Nitika looked at Nymphetamine, "I do understand what you mean Nymphetamine. I am a warrior of my kingdom, however, we are not currently at war, and I have spent a great deal of time training with the other warriors. I am sure I can spend time away, so I would be glad to join you in the Chamber so you can be with Siba and watch her grow," the mare said to the stallion.

OOC: Don't apologize, it's not a big deal. That sounds good too, planning stuff ahead of time. I think that works well. I'll take Nitika to the Chamber so Siba can spend time with her dad. I'll go ahead and post a thread. We'll say that Nitika has already been there a while so that Nymphetamine won't miss the first year of his daughter's life since in BQ time she's a yearling now.