• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

silver rings and gypsy bells; astray

Bright streams of sunlight burst through the thickening foliage overhead, dappling the forest floor with pools of warm golden light. The dusty black stallion is, for the most part, minding his own business. He is walking through the trunks aimlessly, humming rather tunelessly to himself. The warm rays of the sun burnish is rather plain coat a pleasant yellow hue, giving interest to his otherwise bland exterior. Never mind the fact that that much sun could not possibly penetrate the leaves overhead.

Semantics.

Besides, it's only really notable if one is actually paying attention. Which, made abundantly clear by her smaller honey-hued form slamming into his, apparently this young mare is not.

Jerking backwards, Astray stumbles on his own suddenly tangled feet as he tries to take a few steps back. The air leaves his lungs in a whoosh of surprise as his widened silvery eyes drop to catch hers. Or, at least they try to. She seems to be rather studiously avoiding his gaze after her hastily stammered apology.

A slight smile quirks his lips as he studies her, taking her in from her adorably wayward forelock to her rounded little feet. ”Sorry.” Clearing his throat, he echoes the apology somewhat awkwardly. ”Uh, sorry ‘bout that. Wasn't paying attention.”

Wait, isn't there supposed to be more? Crap.

”I'm Astray, by the way. Uh, yeah. Sorry,” he finishes rather lamely.

He really needs to work on this whole conversation business.

who am i supposed to be
    if everything good is taken from me?

astray

Please let me apologize for the awkwardness that is Astray :|

Messages In This Thread
    silver rings and gypsy bells; astray - by Maribel - 06-04-2016, 06:44 PM
    RE: silver rings and gypsy bells; astray - by Astray - 06-06-2016, 07:15 PM