• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Look Me In The Heart [Ygritte]
    learn to read between the lines, yeah?

It had been a while since I last saw Ygritte, her frame vanishing into the horizon with all the other adults I had come to know. The looks on their faces had not been completely soothed when I told them Chem had not kidnapped me.  The quizzical looks passed between them like something didn’t add up. They had arrived ready to strike, fire and brimstone, it would have been the end of Chem had I had given the word. But I didn’t, I care for him...maybe even love him? It was curious, the whole thing, I needed time to figure it out. Chem made me feel safe, like he nothing would ever happen to me. They tried to convince me there were ulterior motives to his constant presence and affections, but I didn’t believe them. It was a tough situation, my heart ached from being so caught between the sides. I felt I lost something either way, unable to make everyone happy in the moment. In the end, Chem seemed proud of me, and Ygritte and the others seemed to understand… or at least agree I had to do this on my own, see it out. They left looking a little concerned, but I felt their love for me, Kimber, Nymph (though I still don’t understand why he cares so much… maybe he really is my dad), Ygritte, and Kreios...all there willing to fight for me.

Since then Chem had moved his herd lands, he had made an attempt to befriend Killdare, and through that took residence in Volcanic Village. It had taken so much to leave Chamber, and while I would never have to go to the main kingdom,  the village is so much like Chamber, ashy, rough, abrasive. The falls had been so gentle in comparison. The falls had been so fitting, at least in the time I spent there it was what I needed. I felt stronger now in comparison, due to Chem making me feel capable. I doubt I needed the coddling I once relied on. But did I want to be back in Chamber, more or less? If I decided to leave would Chem forsake me? Is it even ok to consider staying in the Village for Chem? I had questions and I couldn’t ask the other mares in Chem's herd, not that I would want to. So that left leaving to go find someone I could talk to openly.

I hadn’t been away from Chem since he found me lost in the Forest.  We spent time together daily, and I reveled in his attention, and my gut burned when I saw him show affections with the others-- I didn’t know it was possible to feel that way. I knew I had to decide what to do, I didn’t think I could wait anymore the decision churned over and over in my mind. Poisoned my time with Chem, took away from the moment. So one day when he went to Killdare, I snuck away-- ashamed to tell Chem I didn’t know if he was enough. I wasn’t entirely sure who to talk to. Mother would probably view the whole thing as weakness and tell me to buck up. Then there was Nymph… no no….that’s all too much. Then there was Ygritte.  She had been so supportive before, maybe she  would know what to do. So I went to her.

The journey was long but I made well enough time, the border of Falls was as picturesque as I remembered. Tall grasses with wildflowers and deciduous trees as a backdrop, it was a welcomed sight.  I walked in, the spring sun gleaming off my red bay coat, and I push a little further beyond the border. I know Ygritte had welcomed me into the herd once, and I didn’t want to linger in such plain sight, just enough to be partially hidden in the tall grasses. I called to Ygritte and hoped she would be able to offer the answers, or at least ease my mind.

vessel
    nymphetamine x kimber