• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Learning The Ropes- [Sunfall, Any]

Jedi looked around the opening in the Falls, he was just about to go on a border patrol and figured he would show Sunfall the route. She was fully matured and eagerly waiting to become a warrior; she knew since she was a filly this was her destiny and Jedi was ready to help her accomplish the dream. He gently swayed his tail in the summer heat, the bugs buzzed around his ears, landing on his flank every now and than. He grew impatient and was ready to head out, he took in a deep breath allowing a whinny to escape when he exhaled. Hopeful that Sunfall was near and ready to go on patrol.

He has known Sunfall since she was just a filly and it was rather interesting to now be her trainer for the warrior caste, a small smile grew on his face eager to watch her grow. His head turned sharply to the right as he heard another approaching, he hoped it would be the dark silhouette of Sunfall. 

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk

@[Blazed]
    Found it! I got your reply and looked about for this one.)

Waking up, it was already warm out. Summertime was often causing this annoying humidiy and temps rose past usual this year. Sunfall remembered patrol and headed for the entrance, as she arrived she heard a soft whicker and looked up. She'd made it just in time, it appeared.

"Sorry about that, kept up late last night." Sunfall gasps before stopping and awaiting Jedi's reply. She listened for high, shrill alert calls from birds and swiveled her ears about sometimes, thinking about her younger past.

"Do you typically go alone or..?" She asks Jedi softly, looking out the entrance. She remembered the long trek here, during midwinter. She had grown now, and it was one of the few remaining memories before her arrival in the Falls. She was glad to be here, and did not know of her birth origins aside from being related to Khaos through her father's line.

Her mother's line, she did not know about. Mom always got quiet and looked away, eyes watery, whenever she asked about mom's parents and lineage. And after a few moments of silence she'd snort and say "When you are older, Sunfall." Before heading away.
    @[Jedi]
    Holding Out on Grades

He gently swayed his tail patiently waiting for the mare to appear, he imagined she would not take long due to her being excited to learn the ropes. He scanned the area gazing on the other animals as they began to wake up, the squirrels jumping around the trees, chasing one another on the ground. The birds began to chirp notifying everyone the day has begun. He ears swiveled to the left following his head at the sound of another, Sunfall, who approached. She apologize for being late, due to be not being able to sleep. He gave a mild laugh Not a problem, lets get going

He picked up a trot moving deeper into the Falls lands, headed to the right where the border leads into the Chambers lands. A rather quiet stroll they took, the silence was broken by a question she asked. He gave a nod of his head Yes, we normally go alone once a day now that we have a lot of warriors he smiled gently turning around to look at her before returning to his original gaze, slowing to a halt This is the end of our border, continue on and you will hit the Chambers he gave a snort, this was his least favorite part. The chambers carried a sooty smell, he much preferred the clear smell the Falls offered. Quickly pressing onward, How do you like it so far? he asked curious to if she still liked the warrior caste with there patrolling duties.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk

@[SaphiraG1rl]
    [Just saw this sorry! Replying now.]
    @[Jedi]

She had to go a bit fast to keep up when he trotted but had the stamina to maintain this pace well. "You're on a morning schedule, then?" She says lightly, curious about her new career, if you could call it that. She liked getting away from the crowds and found the new sights calming.

The stallion and she were now walking, the now-grown mare looked about with interest - this was a side of the realm Sunfall had not yet seen. Her coat made the heat slightly worse, but the heat radiating seemed to deter the bugs slightly.

"Hmm.. Have times changed much between when you were first training and now?" She asks quietly, snorting as a fly tries to go up a nostril. The air started to change slightly and the calm, clean air of the Falls started to dissolve. A new, smoking scent came into the air and she snorted again, not liking the darker air of the area. She came and halted alongside Jedi.

"The Chamber.. Is that where that smell is coming from?" She asks, quietly, feeling like if she is too loud the last sense of the Falls would disappear. She didn't like this smoke smell, nor did she enjoy feeling inprisoned by the gloom.
    Holding Out on Grades

Jedi gazed at the young mare, watching her gaze in amazement at the lands, as if it was her first time seeing everything. He couldn't help but smile, it was the little things that made him happy, being able to introduce her to the border patrol was the start of her warrior training, but he knew she would make a fine warrior one day. She had grown up to be quite the stunning mare from when he last saw her as a filly. He pushed his thoughts aside as she asked his shift I guess you could say that, I prefer the morning while Archam takes the mid day, and Raxa and Nitika switch off. Kreios also patrols every now and than, and of course you will as well He smiled to her continuing forward past the Chambers. She made a comment on the Chambers smell causing him to softly laugh Yes, the Chambers gives off a strong odor.

They were now in staring off into the Dale, its mountains were easily visible That is the Dale, we have an alliance with them he made sure to mention the alliance. The Dale members were more than welcome to visit the Fall so long as it was for proper reasons.With the Dale almost behind them she asked if the times have changed since he joined the caste, he took a moment to think before speaking. No, not really. The Falls remains a pretty neutral kingdom, we don't generally get into wars or anything. Although we have gained a few alliances so we have to keep up with those who visit. but overall the Kingdom remained quiet, it was nice to have warriors fully trained in case a war broke out. Perhaps after I show you the border patrol we can do a mock battle? He quickly glanced at her curious to her thoughts on a mock. It was always nice for him to see the talent each warrior held, and to give pointers where needed.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk
    @[Jedi]
    OOC - Oh gosh forgot about this one.. Sorry about delay! Posting words now.

Smiling as well, Sunfall listened. "It's odd, not being in the hustle and bustle of the main kingdom.." She says softly, happily. "I always liked dawn and dusk most, myself. Morning in nice and cool, while evening sounds nice too. I don't like mid day either." She replies about the shift schedule, perking her ears at a small rustle to see a rabbit hopping away.

She stepped lightly once the continued again, laughing softly with him. The air grew cleaner again, and she saw a new Kingdom. "The Dale, I suppose?" She asks happily, glad to spend some time with somebody she knew from her childhood. As he thought, she too, was lost in her mind, when he replied to her earlier question. She listened as he talked, happy to be out in the calm.

"Is it nice, being peaceful here? Or does it seem.. boring? I don't like the whole idea of wars, but some little spars seem nice. If of good intentions, anyways." She asks tentatively, thinking ahead of how it might be a sensitive subject to dive into. She listened to the birdcalls and thought about her new life.

She'd sparred with colts, but she knew it was more fun than realistic sparring. Little competitions about who could last the longest had filled many of her foalhood's joyful days. "I'd be glad!" She says happily in response to his question about a mock; she'd appreciate a more realistic go at seeing how it really works.
    Holding Out on Grades

Jedi occasionally glanced back at the mare, she certainly has matured into a pretty mare. He grew curious to how much she ventured off while growing up. He shook the thoughts from his head when the mare spoke, asking if the kingdom before them was Dale. He gave a small dip of his head Very good, that is the Dale his lips curled into a smile as he glanced at her.

He continued walking, making his way back towards the kingdom. The other lands left was the playground and field pretty recognizable territory. His ears flicked towards her direction when her voice range through his ears. More questions, he was humored from the innocence she had. I enjoy the peace, I'm not much of a fighter, unless of course it is to defend the kingdom or a member the stallion was much more into peacefully resolving issues over a forceful battle. Although if it came down to a fight, he would surely be a strong competitor.

He knew that she preferred to sparr with the colts when she was young and perhaps a mock together would spark her childhood memories. She was quick to respond with joy and he gave a small chuckle alright than, we can do a mock he slowed his pace until they were side by side, gently allowing there pelts to rub against each other before he moved forward. He looked to the left, they were now passing the field and very close to home any last questions? he asked the mare before the patrol was over.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk

@[SaphiraG1rl]

OOC: Sooo sorry it took forever!
    "That's.. That's where my father lives, I think." Sunfall murmurs through tight lips - her chest had contracted in a gush of confusion and a feeling of being lost in her family tree, unimportant. She knew she had many siblings spread throughout the realm of Beqanna, but never felt so ordinary until now.

As they continued, she spotted the playground, from a fuzzy early foal-hood memory having stayed there for a couple days on the way here, with her mother. "All right." She murmured, pressing slightly towards Jedi as he rubs lightly against her grey, hot coat, and she felt like she belonged again, perking her head back up and relighting the gleam in her eye. "That's a good opinion. I feel the same." She says, pausing before finding an important question.

"Are there any kingdoms hostile towards us?" She asks after a short, thinking pause, slowing to a shuffling walk. "I heard mom - Blazed - talking about possibly visiting the Dale or Jungle." She says quietly, a small forlorn tone to her voice. She thought of family she didn't yet know.
    @[Jedi] OOC - Found time today to make it online.
    Holding Out on Grades

He looked at her when she mentioned her father being in the Dale, although he was friends with her mother he knew little of her father or his whereabouts. He just acknowledged with a nod of his head, and they pressed on with the walk. As he passed her brushing against her she leaned into him, and a smile curled onto his lips. She stated that she agreed with his peace statement which was a relief to hear, the last thing this kingdom needed was another defensive equine dying to battle everyone who approaches the borders.   sometimes it is harder to be civil than it is to pick out a battle a trait that not everyone held.

She than asked if there were any hostile kingdoms which rattled his brain, it was so important that she knew the kingdoms they had alliances with but he forgot to tell her. Thank you for reminding me! There are no kingdoms that we are hostile towards but we have an alliance with the Jungle and the Dale he smiled thinking of any others he heard of lately. Those kingdom members are allowed to visit freely but certainly should be watched for the duration of there visit, you never know if they are coming to spy or not. You can also visit there kingdoms, but they will most likely react the same way, it is also best to go with a diplomat as they know politics the best. He gave a gentle laugh before playfully nudging her shoulder.

Before they knew it they were at the entrance of the Falls again And that is your first border patrol he smiled to see the pride in her eyes Hopefully it wasn't to bad, and theirs still plenty of day left he looked up to the sun that has barely reached the top of the sky.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk

@[SaphiraG1rl]
    Listening, she nodded with a smile, her ears pricked forward and her mind clear. She felt new, like being out there wasn't bad - except for the Chamber's smell, at least - and she could just patrol all day, out away from the crowds. But then she felt an odd ripple, taking her breath and she felt suddenly weaker, more vulnerable.

"What was that?" She quietly asked Jedi, looking to the older stallion for input. She saw the entrance, and saw multiple horses in shock as they got their footing back, asking the same question and getting an answer of confusion in response kingdom-wide. "I'm glad we have no hostile kingdoms. I'll keep the watching in mind." She said, trying to stabilize her voice, thinking of her family and worrying about what might have happened.

They reached the entrance, and she responded to his last question. "Personally, it was wonderful. I liked it a lot." She said, flickering her ears around and giving a fleeting smile on her lips before surveying the area again for some sort of change.
    @[Jedi]
    Holding Out on Grades