• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Learning The Ropes- [Sunfall, Any]

He didn't mind having a companion to travel with on his border patrols, it certainly made the travels more exciting. Her innocence was interesting to him, it was always nice to have a pair of fresh eyes. He looked in the direction of Sunfalls view when she asked what that was but he looked off confused as to what she saw whats what? he asked curious to if something upset her.

He listened as she spoke about the alliances and he gave a nod as a smile curled on his lips Is something bothering you? he asked as she appeared more concerned than satisfied with the patrol. Although she continues to talk about the patrol saying it was wonderful in which he responded Well I'm glad to hear that, since there is so many warriors we can do the patrols together if you like? I like the company anyways a humble laugh escaped his mouth.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk

OOC: Sorry, Its a little crappy

@[SaphiraG1rl]
    OOC - it's fine, I'm going to reset character account passwords so I can attach everything to this one so I can actually get on her account. Woop woop..!

Looking back at Jedi, she looked astonished at his question. "That rippling, tugging feeling just a moment ago. Didn't you feel it?" She asked, looking around the terrain for any ideas. "It felt like something was pulled into the earth." She added, after pausing for a moment, ears swiveling as they reached the entrance.

"That would be great. I liked the company too." She says happily, the ripple still at the front of her mind. What if something had happened to one of their leaders? She didn't know what she'd do if something had happened to Ygritte, but didn't see Kreios as much but wouldn't want anything to happen to him either. What if something had happened to her family? What if something happened to everybody in general? She didn't like how it felt almost.. Almost like something was taken.

---

Blazed, and growing Mandalocks, were meandering around the Kingdom talking to other equine and meeting with friends when Mandalocks shuddered and tripped, stumbling back up. She'd never tripped except for when she first learned to stand and walk, never once after that. Something felt.. Taken. But what? Was somebody had been taken? Blazed looked over at Mandalocks curiously, wondering why she'd fell. Blazed had been facing towards the enrance, and saw the form of Jedi with a startled mare next to her. "Sunfall?" She calls softly, perking her ears towards the grey form. Mandalocks and Blazed walked towards the entrance, Blazed looking about around her by swinging her head and shifting about to get a better view, to see what had happened.

@[Jedi]
    Holding Out on Grades

He gazed over Sunfall to see if she was alright physically, she described an occurrence that did not happen. Well it didn't happen for him at least. mmm.....no...I did not feel that, are you feeling okay? he asked curious for her. Perhaps she had a magical trait she did not know about and this was her first occurrence with it.

There travels to the entrance was pretty silent although Sunfall was the first to break the silence with a question. What if one of the rulers get hurt Hurt? Hurt how? he asked looking at her curiously, there kingdom owned healing powers although that was drained recently so they were left to heal there wounds with time and patience and hope that nothing drastic would happen. The healing powers was his response but he was honestly unsure of what to say at this point Make sure they don't get harmed he snorted gazing back to her as they continued walking If they go off to battle that is there own choice and you can't protect them, but should there be an ambush in the kingdom, you protect them that was all he could offer. Just make sure nothing happened that they would be harmed.

Jedi stopped in his tracks when he heard another calling to Sunfall, as he gazed off in the distance he could make out the figure to be Blazed and a gentle smile appeared on his face. A whinny escaped his maw and he turned to Sunfall You're mother must be wondering how your first patrol went he gently nuzzled her shoulder and looked off to the new foal that Blaze had, tending to its everyday needs.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk

@[SaphiraG1rl]
    Looking over to him, the mare wondered about why she felt it and he did not. "I.. With the healing powers gone, what if something happens?" She says quietly before stopping her slowed pace into a quick halt and flicking her ears. She added after a moment "Beqanna said that we must guard them or else the kingdom will perish. What does that mean?" She heard her mother's call and started towards her, beckoning for Jedi to come with. She liked his older advice, his voice comforted her if needed, and he felt like somebody she could trust. "Maybe Mother will have an idea." She says before continuing on. Snow started gently falling from the grey clouds, possibly the last snow before spring, as she walked.
    -----
    Mandalocks blew snowflakes off her small nose, watching the flurry glide snow onto the Falls' Kingdom. She saw Jedi and her older sister and role model, Blazing Sunfall, coming back. She enjoyed watching the snow falling on them and gliding about the air before reaching the ground. "Sunfall! Jedi! Hi." She said happily, her small form hopping over a small patch of icy ground before stopping just next to Sunfall. "How was the patrol? I can't wait to go on one myself." She asks excitedly, eyed searching her sister's face for a sign.

"Sunfall! I told you to wait." Blazed calls out after Mandalocks, flicking her ears with a sigh and affectionately adding quietly "energetic little furball." And continuing forward. She felt a gentle kick in her barrel and winced slightly; her unborn foal had been moving more than she thought usual, and, honestly, that was a bit painful. She reached Sunfall and Jedi, looking at her daughter proudly, before remembering the ripple. "Sunfall, Jedi, did one of you feel that odd ripple? I was almost taken off my feet." She says, slightly tiredly, as she had been nearly knocked off her feet by the ripple. She added after a moment "It was about when Beqanna said we had taken too much, I think, or shortly after." Flicking her ears around and moving up next to Jedi.
    @[Jedi]
    Phew that was a lot.. Oopsies <3
    Holding Out on Grades

He gazed at the mare who was full of worry and he was at a loss of words to comfort her. He gently shrugged to her question If something happens than nature will take its course. it was hard to hear but without the waterfalls magical powers if a horse was meant to die than that is exactly what would happen. She quoted the faerie when it came to take all the kingdoms powers, she asked what it meant and he had to sit and think for a moment. When he figured it out they were interrupted, Blazed, Sunfalls mother called out. Sunfall was quick to depart but she turned to signal for Jedi to follow, he wouldn't normally but he enjoyed being around the young mare.

He gently trailed behind the mare and stopped once they reached Blazed and her newest foal. It was nice to see the little foal playing in the snow, at least someone can benefit from snow fall. He loved to watch the innocence of foals, they had no harm in them. The filly gave a greeting to the pair in which he returned Hello there young lady he smiled reaching his neck out to catch a few snowflakes with his nose. She ran over to Sunfall and asked her how the patrol was, it was heart warming to watch, the filly wanted to follow in Sunfalls foot steps and be a warrior as well. A strong warrior you will be he spoke after the filly asked her question.

His head quickly flickered to Blazed who called out to Mandalocks, who apparently ran off. The mare's sides were rounded and she was clearly with foal, he was curious to who the father was of both Mandalocks and the new one but he had not place to question it. Hello Blazed he dipped his head gently to her. I hope your pregnancy is going well he spoke noting her discomfort. He listened as Blazed asked if Sunfall and Jedi felt a ripple and he looked at Sunfall who noted the feeling earlier. Perhaps it was a trait that the two carried but Jedi certainly did not feel anything, he gave a nod of his head indicating so. He gazed at Sunfall awaiting her response.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk

@[SaphiraG1rl]
    OOC: sorry it took so long!!
    @[Jedi] It's fine! Short phone post tonight.

Blazed heard Jedi ask her about the pregnancy and nodded her head once to signal a yes, when she felt a sharp, new pain. "Oh! Oh dear. I need to go." She says before turning and heading for where she had birthed Mandalocks. She felt pain continuously on the way until she let instinct take over.

Mandalacks started after her mother but stayed with Sunfall and Jedi. "Will you train me, too?" The filly asked excitedly, bobbing her head as well. She hoped to protect her kingdom with her sister Sunfall and patrol with her and Jedi. "I didn't really feel a ripple." She says to Sunfall quietly.

Sunfall looked at her mother happily, glad Jedi had come with her. "Yes. And I'll cope best I can." She says firmly, a strong will to protect the kingdom rising within her soul. She flicked her tail and watched her mother go, remembering her mother going that way to birth Mandalocks, and looked around. She decided she must have simply felt the ripple of the magic being taken from the Kingdom. She wondered where the Desert inhabitants were now, walking forward a few steps.
    Holding Out on Grades

The stallion gazed at Blazed who was clearly in discomfort, but the mare was quick to leave, give birth he supposes. He stepped forward to follow her and aid her, but who was he kidding? He doesn't have a foal, he doesn't know what to say or do. This isn't Blazed's first foal, surely she knew how to handle the process.

Mandalocks was left behind and Jedi smiled as he watched the energetic filly, she asked Jedi if he would train her to be a warrior and a gentle laugh escaped his maw. Of course I will, once you are two years of age he lowered his neck to gently nuzzled the foals forelock. His gaze moved to Sunfall, the eldest sister who was paving the way for her siblings, Mandalocks was no different and would make a great warrior some day. The filly spoke to Sunfall that she didn't feel a ripple, he looked at her and smiled me neither he said, the foal was not alone.

He stood besides Sunfall with Mandalocks around them and he just smiled with joy, this was how he pictured his life. Aside a mare with a foal, he hoped that someday soon this could become a reality. He moved his head to nuzzle Sunfalls shoulder You are setting the example for your sister he said with a smile as he flicked his gaze between Sunfall and Mandalocks.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk

@[SaphiraG1rl]

OOC: Jedi loves Sunfall<3
    Damnit, Raxa really hated the big cat family. All of them, not just a single one. She'd seen a lot of them in her travels, and while she hadn't been attacked by every single one, it'd been pretty damn close. The mare cursed a colorful string as she limped along the border of the Falls kingdom, having covered her section early that day so she could get an early start tomorrow out to the battlefield and see who would be up for a fight.

But no, that big cat just had to make an appearance today. Raxa's keen senses helped her sense the great predator, but today, not all of her reflexes had been fast enough. Which is why, today, she was limping home, a rather nasty looking cut on her hindquarter. She was sure it looked worse than it was, since the injury didn't feel deep enough to have severed any muscles or something else important. Didn't mean it didn't hurt like hell though, cause it sure did.

Doing her best to ignore the burning pain in her rear, the mare snorted a couple of times to get some dirt out of her nostrils that had accumulated there during her scuffle with the big cat. Once that was done, she lowered her head, settling for a quiet walk back to the grove she often stayed in at night when she felt tired enough to actually get some decent sleep.

Unless the nightmares came back, but then again, she never knew when they would. She'd take sleep where she could get it.

Raxa's blue eyes caught something in the peripheral; she looked up, seeing a mare hurry away from her and toward the forest within the territory. Puzzled, flicking an ear, Raxa looked back to where the mare seemed to have come from. In the distance, she spotted three horses; a grulla filly, another filly with a dark coat (Raxa couldn't make it out for certain), and...

Was that Jedi?

The brindled roan did a double-take, wondering what the stallion was doing with two fillies. Her mind flashed back to the mare she'd seen hurrying away; were they hers perhaps, and Jedi was watching them while she went to take care of something?

Whatever the case, it wasn't Raxa's business. She also didn't want others fussing over her, so she began to limp a little down the hillside, hoping it would be enough to block her from the eyesights of the stallion and two fillies.
    Mandalocks realized she had aged another year when spring arrived this year, and she was now three. "Wait. I turned three this spring! Yay! I can start learning. Maybe I can come on patrol with you?" She says happily, bouncing slightly and swiveling her ears with glee. She nods once when Jedi says he didn't feel one either, swishing her tail gently.

Sunfall looks down at Mandalocks happily, knowing this fact. Her younger sister had started filling in as she neared spring and adulthood. "Of course I'll help you learn, Anda." She says, laughing, as she looked at her sister lovingly and happily, her ears forward.

@[Jedi] I see Jedi trying to ask Sunfall out.
    Holding Out on Grades

Jedis attention flicked to Mandalocks when she announce she was three, he must have lost track of time because he couldn't believe that she was three years old already. He gave a gentle dip of his head thank of course you can become a warrior he gave a warm smile to the younger mare.

His attention scanned the horizon, out of habit, always lurking for something in the distance. To his suprie he found another horse, a familiar face it was his friend Raxa. His eyes narrowed in on her as she appeared to be limping, and she surely was. It appeared they made eye contact but she was quick to look away and run off he wanted to chase after her but would it be rude to leave Mandalocks and Sunfall like that?

It appeared the two mares did not catch Raxas presence as they continued to talk about the warrior caste, Sunfall agreed to teach Mandalocks the warrior ways and he dipped his head gently Ladies, excuse me, there is somewhere I need to be and with that he moved forward to follow after Raxa.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk