• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out to Expand-[Mares]
    Archam

Archam made the journey from his herd lands in the Falls to the meadow; he had three beautiful foals this season and was looking to expand his herd for the coming Autumn. He started the Journey when the sun was just beginning to rise, and he stepped foot into the meadow when the sun was high in the sky. The heat was blazing making him desire shade from the harsh sun; his tail swatted at the bugs that annoyingly flew around him, almost like a game. The summers scent was almost dirty, the ground was always begging for water, causing sand to gust around in the air. His ears flicked around as he listened to the chatter of others, he could pick up the scent of a few kingdoms, all already claimed. 

He could not spot anyone new, and decided to rest underneath a tree that could provide shade. Once under the shady tree he lowered his head to grab a mouthful of grass, slowly raising his head as he chewed. He gazed over the land again looking for a new mare to speak with. 

Lead Stallion of Cobblestone Creek
    Saba neighed gleefully as she continued romping through the meadow grass, a couple of birds flying overhead. Rearing, the filly let out another cry before chasing after the winged creatures, wanting to see if she could catch up with one. Sadly, that attempt failed for multiple reasons, but Siba's disappointment was quelled when she noticed a butterfly on one of the many flowers surrounding her.

The creature had beautiful bright blue wings that glittered like river water. Siba got as close as she dared, stretching out her neck. A breath escaped through her nostrils, something that caused the butterfly to flap its wings and take to the sky again. Before it did so, the little creature landed on Siba's muzzle and remained there for a second before heading off on its own.

Watching the butterfly leave, Siba turned her head, glancing back. A couple of yards away, she saw her dam, Nitika, grazing peacefully. The mare allowed her rebellious filly to wander from her side as long as she didn't drift too far, or remain out of her eyesight for too long. Siba adhered to these rules, if only so that she could play on her own and not have to deal with any overbearing from her dam.

Continuing with her playtime, Siba continued to move away, not noticing that she was out of her dam's line of sight. It wouldn't stay that way for long though, considering what would happen next. As she rounded a line of brush and tall meadow grass, the filly stopped short. A dozen or so feet in front of her stood a large stallion, bay roan in color, with a jet black mane and tail.

Siba did not know that this stallion and her dam inhabited the same kingdom, for Nitika did not belong to his herd and as such did not socialize with him. Siba, in consequence, had never met this stallion, so she didn't know what to make of it.

When she saw the stallion, the filly didn't know what to do. She froze, shock overtaking her body for a moment. As soon as her mind came back, the filly took off, squealing in fright as she raced to her dam's side.

"Mommy... mommy... there's a stallion over there... a stranger... he scared me mommy..."

@[Archam]
    Archam

The stallion continued to scan the area, mothers out and about with there new born foals, others chatting the day away. He wondered what life was like for the other equines, those who did not have a place to call home, was the meadow truly home? Did it suffice for them, unprotected with there foals pondering around.

He was distracted from his thoughts when a painted filly came dashing around towards him, probably chasing the blue butterfly that passed them both. He simply gazed at her, she was still rather far away but the filly had shock in her eyes. She stood there, frozen, they stared at each other for a few heart beats before the filly called out for her mother he scared her . He laughed slightly moving closer to the filly, she had the scent of the Falls making him curious as to who the mother of this foal was.

Hey playfully dipped his head to the filly, like one would to a royal what is it that scared you? he questioned the foal. Curious to what there was to be scared of, certainly not he.

@[siba]
    Nitika, while concerned for her filly, allowed her to have independence, which included wandering around and exploring. That was something the filly had a love of, like her dam, so Nitika would not hold her back. She had put boundaries in place, but didn't go overboard, like her friend Anahi had with her first foal, Sirana.

Siba was definitely a spirited foal; she'd inherited that from both parents, no doubt about it. Nitika lifted her head, looking off into the distance. She was a bit distracted by the thought that Siba's sire hadn't really spent any time with her. She knew it was the way the wild worked, that most herd stallions didn't spend a lot of time with her foals, but still, this was Nitika's first foal, and she wanted her to have some time with her sire.

Sad thing was, he lived off in the Chamber, and Nitika wasn't comfortable with going there alone, with or without her daughter. She'd need a warrior to accompany her. Perhaps she could ask Raxa, or Jedi, if she wished to go to the Chamber and allow Siba to spend time with her sire.

Her daughter's scream bolted Nitika from her thoughts. Instantly, the mare was racing toward the frightened whinny. Nostrils flared, muscles bunched in case it was a stallion here that was threatening her filly, Nitika skidded to a halt, rearing high in the air to draw attention.

Siba raced to Nitika's side, hiding under her belly. Nitika looked down at her daughter as the filly spoke. She said that something, someone, had frightened her, and that made Nitika mad. She turned her head to confront who had frightened the filly, but was surprised at who she saw.

"Archam?" she questioned, recognizing the roan stallion as the leader of the Cobblestone herd. "What are you doing out here in the Meadow?"

@[Archam]
    Archam

Archam gazed at the filly who refused to speak to him, she stood there frozen with shock. He gave a small laugh and looked around waiting for the mother to arrive, and she surely did arrive. The Painted mare came charging in rearing in defense of her foal, who quickly bolted to her mothers side. After the commotion settled he realized who this mare was Nitika

He has run into the mare more than once, in the field, at the Falls and now. She had grown close with his own mate Anahi and so he gave a nod to her when she spoke his name Hello Nitika he eyed the foal curious to who the sire was. I was looking for mares to recruit, and what brings you to the meadow? he asked, really just to carry a conversation. The filly was a paint, so it could have been Jedis filly, but that stag would be with her, he couldn't leave the side of the one mare he had, while she was around.

He stepped closer to the pair, his gaze intent on the filly And what is your name? he questioned, perhaps he would receive a response now that her mother was around. He was pretty good around children, he did have quite a few himself. 

"I was actually out here when I gave birth to my daughter. Caught me by surprise, but also bad planning on my part," she admitted sheepishly. She knew this place wasn't the safest to give birth to a foal. "We've been coming back here a few times since her birth in the hopes that her father would come out to see her. So far, nothing, but she likes this place, so I bring her out here to explore if nothing else."

Siba huddled further under her mother's body when Archam tried to talk to her. Nitika laughed before speaking up again, "Sorry Archam, she's a little shy. She hasn't been around a lot of horses beside Raxa and a few other members of the kingdom who don't live in herds."

Looking down at her daughter, the paint mare nudged her with her muzzle, "Don't you want to say hi? This stallion is a friend of mine; he's very nice. Won't you tell him your name?"

Siba shook her head furiously before turning away so she wasn't facing either her dam or the stallion. Nitika laughed again, "Sorry Archam. Her name's Siba."

@[Archam]
    Archam

His gaze met hers when she explained why she was out here, it was understandable to visit the field in hopes to see the foals sire. But it was rather sad to hear the foals has never met her sire, but in this world that was normal. Archam did not know the meeting between the mare and the foal sire, and there could have been a fling, which often times is the case. He held no judgement, just gave a nod of acknowledgement.

His gaze turned back to the filly who clenched closer to her mother, trying to be completely invisible to Archam. Nitika tried to coerce the filly out from underneath, to give a greeting but the filly refused looking away from them both. Archam couldn't help but give a laugh, catching her name, introduced by her mother. Well Siba, I have a few children your age, you can come visit whenever you want he gave a smile. The foal should have some friends to grow up with, and he had plenty for her to choose, he even had Loken and Sirana who were a little bit older but still foals.  

His gaze than turned to Nitika, she has been apart of the Falls but he has never noted her to be apart of a caste. She would truly be a good herd mare, and she was already friends with Anahi, they wouldn't have to travel from the kingdom to the herd lands if they lived there. You are more than welcome to stay in the herd permanently he offered to Nitika, perhaps she would be a better fit with them than with the Kingdom.

Nitika watched as Siba glanced back a little, obviously intrigued by the prospect of foals her own age to play with. Speaking of, Nitika knew Anahi had a foal this year; she'd be Siba's age. At least Siba did know Anahi; Nitika had paid visits to her friend, the champagne mare often lurking in the Cobblestone when she was not out on diplomacy missions for the kingdom. Anahi, as the lead mare, was often watching the herd when Archam was away, and that was usually when the time added up for Nitika's visit to her friend.

Content that her filly seemed a little interested, Nitika looked back up at Archam, briefly noting that Siba felt bold enough to come out from her cover under the paint mare to have a meal, her teeth latching onto Nitika's teat to drink the mare's milk.

As Archam made the offer for Nitika to join his herd, the paint mare took a moment to think about it. Once she had, she spoke, "The offer does sound nice Archam. However, I am a part of the warrior caste, so if I am called to duty to help in a fight, I will need to fulfill my responsibilities and do so. I know Anahi will care for Siba, should I have to leave while she is still young. You are fine with Anahi continuing as a diplomat; should I join your herd, will you allow me to continue as a warrior? The blood flows in my veins; I will not be able to give it up for a long time."

@[Archam]
    Archam

Archam gazed at the painted mare as she pondered his offer, she would have more time with her friend Anahi. She would not need to feel isolated from the kingdom, and her foal would have friends to grow up with. His gaze moved down to hte filly who moved and began to feed off Nitika. He gave a small smile before returning to Nitika who began to speak.

His ears flicked listening to her, she spoke how she was in the warrior caste which sparked his memory of the mock battles the caste had. He was rather embarrassed he did not remember, he held one of the highest ranks in the kingdom as far as the warrior Caste and he forgot the Nitika was a member. She agreed to join the herd so long as she was allowed to remain in the caste, Archam gave a nod. Of course you can remain a Warrior, I am off to take my part in the Caste and you will be able to as well he gave a smile to her before looking down to Siba Siba, do you want to meet the other foals? he spoke curious if his question was enough to remove her from her meal; He shook his body sending the dust and dirt to fly off his pelt. Gently he moved forward and began to make his way back to the kingdom.

OOC: I can make a post in the herd, if you want?
    Nitika turned to look at her daughter again, laughing as the filly continued with her meal instead of turning to look at the stallion when he spoke. Siba just didn't seem interested; that, or she was still a little nervous around the older horse.

"I ask that you give me some time to consider it Archam. I will be returning to the Falls in a day or so, let Siba gain some more confidence out here before we go home. I will go to your territory when I have an answer for you. Deal?" the painted mare asked.

@[Archam]