• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

just me, myself, and I [ANY]
    PHAEDRUS
    Meeting her in the field again hadn’t been on his mind… well more like shoved from his mind. He couldn’t decide if he was happy to see her, or if he was pissed at how she had just upped and vanished. He also couldn’t decide if he was okay with it, or if he saw it as disrespectful. Before he had just shrugged it off, but when she appeared out of thin air again, and had acted like nothing had happened, almost like she hadn’t known him. Making that rude comment that he knew was meant to spite him… ah well let the past be the past right? Wasn’t like he was going to be seeing her anytime soon. Shaking out his head, this day had proved to be a productive one, and taking a quick nap before continuing on his trek to the jungle, then later the falls seemed like a good idea at the time. Now that he was on the ground and not in the sky he couldn’t help but feel a little miffed that he wasn’t such a good flyer as to be able to leap from the nest into the air. No, now he had to walk out of the forest before he took to the skies.

After his whispered moment with the tree, he heard the snap that caused him to pivot around to look for the creature that was running around and disturbing the peace. It’s only after a rabbit hopped across his path that the chilly ring of her voice pulls him to her location. His eyes narrowed, his muscles tensed, and for the moment there was only silence. He looked back up to the tree top mentally making note to train himself so that he no longer needed the ground in these neutral lands. The word hung between them almost as thick as the fog, You, it said more than a thousand words could have. Then a thought came to mind, one that had him grinning with a glint of smugness in his eyes.  Do you make a habit of stalking? Or am I just that special? Instantly he regreted the words and looked sheepishly to the ground, his head lowered slightly, biting at his lip in a worrisome manner.

He Looked back up at her, for a moment he wasn’t so sure of himself, at the same time part of his dignity reared its head asking him why he should be the apologizing, she had been the one to walk away. Yea and she had looked so cute doing it too. Damn those hips… Another misplaced devilish smile wanes across his features, once again lost in thought looking her over. She might have been all angles, but to him it looked artistic, and watching her pout and stomp off had been the highlight of that day. She looked so delicate, so lithe and gentle, looking at her he could not see the strength of that bitter voice, looking at her, all he wanted to do in that moment was slide his wing around her and hold her close. Almost like the wind could knock her over if it had a mind to. The breeze could break her fragile bones in an instant, yet the power in her voice said otherwise. It almost dared the wind to do something of the nature.

He tucked his wings to his sides resisting the urge, but allowing himself one small indulgent by stepping closer to her. Extending his face in greeting, a polite exchange of air, so innocent, yet sooo, well there was a lot to be said about scents and their effects on creatures. He was no god to be able to resist a moment of weakness. Yet he still chided himself, and wished for more self-control. It could be considered an apology, but knowing her, he didn’t expect her to take so much from it.

Once again his eyes found hers locking in place studying her, searching for what it was that drew him to her. You know Riva… He sighs, and takes a moment to think all the words that he intended to say, all the angry spitefulness fell away, and the phrase comes out a gentle whisper, more saddened and thoughtful then he is normally accustomed to. He never bore his soul for anyone, and doing so now…. Well that wasn’t even a thought, and it simmered, sputtered, before snuffing itself out completely. There was just one thing he wanted to know… Why? What drew him to her, why couldn’t he just walk away and let bygones be bygones.
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must

@[riva]

Messages In This Thread
    just me, myself, and I [ANY] - by Phaedrus - 06-21-2016, 11:26 PM
    RE: just me, myself, and I [ANY] - by riva - 07-11-2016, 04:10 PM
    RE: just me, myself, and I [ANY] - by Phaedrus - 07-12-2016, 06:59 PM
    RE: just me, myself, and I [ANY] - by riva - 07-21-2016, 09:40 PM
    RE: just me, myself, and I [ANY] - by Phaedrus - 07-30-2016, 07:21 PM
    RE: just me, myself, and I [ANY] - by riva - 08-09-2016, 05:33 PM
    RE: just me, myself, and I [ANY] - by Phaedrus - 08-15-2016, 04:30 AM