• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Broken Is What I Am(Any)
    The months old colt awoke from his sleep alone yet again. His sire who was blind had abandoned him here because he wasn't able to take care of the boy although at times his sire would find him and make sure the colt was alright. He didn't even really know his mom. He was on the search to find himself another family who could raise him. He did notice that he had wings but his sire had none and knew he had gotten them from his mom. Yet he wasn't able to fly do to his wings being broken.
    Having been near the Playground, watching foals enjoy themselves farther away than usual from chatting parents, when the Warrior brother of the Tundra had come across the Adoption Den. He saw the various foals, some meeting a potential parent, some without any adults near them. Looking around, he spotted a colt, winged but oddly not flying.

Why isn't the colt flying? He thought with a shift in weight, he felt drawn to this colt, as if he was supposed to bring this one home. He seemed to be nearly two, and Rael started walking up to him with ears perked.

"Hello. What is your name? Mine is Rael Fire, you can call me Rael." The stallion says calmly, with a warm tone to his voice. He hoped the foal would feel welcome in the Tundra, and hoped he would come live with his family.
    @[Deep Sea Gears]
    The young colt looked at the other that had made his way up to him. He said "My name is Deep Sea Gears but call me Gear. Its a pleasure meeting you Rael." He was sure that the stallion would question him about why he wasn't flying. He would answer him honestly. He wasn't much sure why he had been born with broken wings because they where of no use at all.
    The stallion looked with a smile over Gear, wondering about what might have brought him to this place. "Hello, Gear." He says happily, flicking his ears forward again. He stepped another couple steps closer, and thought about the colt's wings. "Are they" - he gestures towards one of the colt's wings cautiously, sensing this might be a sensitive subject - "broken?" He asks, a tone of wonder, nothing else, in his voice.

@[Deep Sea Gears]
    The tobanio colt looked at the stallion before him. He said "Yes sir. I was born with them broken." He was excited however to have met someone who wasn't his sire. He wasn't even sure where his sire was any more. He wandered if the stallion had a herd and if he did he would gladly follow him there. He wanted a home and an actual family to be around.

(So it turns out Rael is actually a mare so let's just act like he knows she's a mare to make things easier.. if you're okay with that)

"Ahh. I'm sorry." The mare says, looking at the red and white colt. "Do you want to come with me to the Tundra, where I live?" She asks after a moment of quiet, perking her ears forward happily. She wanted the colt to come back with her. "It's cold and icy and covered in snow but you get used to it. I was born there so it's pretty much all I know." She states, telling him it isn't a warm place.
    The young colt smiled softly at the mare. He said "I would love to go with you to the Tundra ma'am. I don't mind the cold and icy weather." He was excited to have been offered a home by the mare before him. The colt was ready for whatever the land brought to him. He was just ready to have a place to call home.
    The mare smiled when he said he'd come, and turned towards the way she had come. "Then let's head home. If you have any questions, just tell me and I'll answer best I can Gears." She says happily, nodding slightly once before starting to walk.