• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The monsters running wild inside of me.

The wind nipped at the young mare as she moved her way across the field at a comfortable walk. Despite her age, her size and that she was completely alone, she seemed to hold no fear of what may happen to her, confident in her strides that no ill would fall upon her she let her head hang low as her muzzle brushed the short frost covered blades of grass. Winter was her favorite season, the land seemed to sleep under the blanket of white, and all was at peace. The young female knew she'd be able to hear approaching strangers in this season, and this knowledge put her at ease. 
    Mizaria made her way towards the one thing that thundered in the otherwise would-be silent landscape. The water spilled over the cliff down to the lake below, the water was a crispy cold and chilling to the bone as Mizaria's maw touched the surface, taking in a long and wanted mouthful of water. She shook her head about slightly as the chilling water moved down her throat causing the cold to spread through her body briefly. Her ears perked up as a sound made its way over the thundering of the falls and she pivoted around to look across the field easier, her head moving from side to side. 

M I Z A R I A

The  m o n s t e r s  running wild inside of me.

The field was unfamiliar territory to her, but it was a journey of necessity. The Valley needed new life, new blood to pour into its greedy hands. Though she had no doubts in her kingdom, it was far too quiet for her liking. If history was any indication, war could creep through the shadows and be on their doorstep by morning. It was her job, amongst others, to make sure they were equipped to handle such situations. Power in numbers was always a great asset to have up ones proverbial sleeve.

The fresh snow sparkled in the suns rays, soon to melt and feed the stream bisecting the common lands. There was a hint of spring in the air; something about the way the birds sang, the way the winds blew. The grulla mare moved easily through the crowds with her uncommon grace and soft smile. Sharp eyes passed over the groups of mingling horses, but one mare stood out to her. She was alone (for now), standing in a patch where the snow had met its demise. Despite being alone she held an air of confidence and Topsail knew she would be worthy of the Valley. She approached with a smile, nodding a greeting. It was something of a precursor to what she was about to do. With her eyes on the black mares eyes, she pushed her voice into her mind. She extracted nothing, preferring to let the mare provide that information herself. “Hello there. I’m Topsail, Queen of the Valley.” she said, again dipping her head. She knew her method of speaking was sometimes hard to swallow, and in any case she was prepared for any discomfort on the other mares part. “Care to share a name?”

topsail

I was in the darkness, so the darkness I became

ooc - she is a telepath, so any of her words will only be heard in mizaria's head Smile

Mizaria's dark eyes watched as a grulla mare moved flawlessly towards herd, her movements were sure and determined. What this mare saw in Mizaria was beyond her, but her pondering was quickly taken from her when she heard words, but not as she normally would. Her gaze narrowed slightly, trying to comprehend what had just happened, and she moved back a pace or two as the realization sunk in. Curious now, Mizaria moved forth again and dipped her head in turn to the mare, unsure if this mare would hear her or not, she spoke her words loud and clear. "Mizaria" She spoke, her voice was a soft tune, yet one that held confidence, confidence that perhaps would find her ill. It took her a moment to register that this mare, this, Topsail was also a queen and she quickly rattled her brain as to how to respond to royalty. Where she was from she had never had to behave in such mannerisms, it was always others doting over her, trying to get her to like them. This was new, but this was also what she wanted. 
    She quickly decided to dip her head again, this time lower in a makeshift bow, as good as she could manage at least, one that would perhaps with time grow better. "It is an honor your majesty, that you would grant me your presence." Again with the lack of knowledge of these lands, Mizaria had no idea how royalty were treated here, nor if her words were proper. She only hoped to not insult the mare. Better to make a fool of herself than an enemy out of a queen. Who knew just how powerful this queen was.

M I Z A R I A

The  m o n s t e r s  running wild inside of me.

ooc; If there are any spelling farts, I'm sorry. x.x

Topsail was nothing if not determined. Her fathers failures had set a fire inside of her, one that couldn’t be tamped out by normal means. She strove to succeed where he had failed, his kind nature eventually getting the best of him. There was something about her that set her apart; her iron clad will, or perhaps the sharpness of her gaze. For all of his good parts, Mast had been strong of heart but weak in spirit. He wasn’t a fighter and even trying to do so and sent him off the deep end. Topsail assumed he was alive, he prayed for his well-being. But she wouldn’t follow in his ill-fated footsteps.

As was expected, the mare recoiled when Topsails voice flooded her mind. Topsail didn’t react though, just continued to smile while the mare absorbed it all. “Please, Mizaria…no need for such formalities.” she replied, though she dipped her head graciously. She still found the title of “queen” to be somewhat foreign to her, despite the fact that she was born royalty for all intents and purposes. “It is a pleasure to meet you.” she paused, offering the mare a smile before continuing. “I won’t beat around the bush. I can offer you a home, in the Valley. We are a small kingdom but we are growing every day. We are strong, and we’re looking for strong horses to fill her ranks.” Her words were spoken clearly and carefully, each syllable articulated neatly. With nothing more to do but wait, she scraped idly at the frost-covered grass with her hoof. Patience, it seemed, was a virtue she hadn’t been blessed with.

topsail

I was in the darkness, so the darkness I became

M
    I
    Z
    A
    R
    I
    A
    Mizaria watched the grulla mare with curious eyes, wanting to understand her more, to learn what there was to know about this mare. Her ears pivoted slightly as she took in what Topsail had to offer. Should she go with this unknown mare, who can forward her words into her mind? Who knew what other things this mare could do. Or should she stay, and take a chance, and perhaps have ill fall upon her. Mizaria's thoughts raced as she threw herself threw all the possible outcomes that may or may not happen, trying to prepare herself for what might come depending on what path she chose. 
    She had come to these lands seeking adventure, and something not of her own lands. And this mare was offering her just that. The Valley, it sounded so far like something she may enjoy. A valley surely had mountains, and mountains surely meant snow, right? At least that is what she hoped, of course the sound of this unknown land was not all that pulled her towards it though. A small, yet growing kingdom. One maybe she could set her mark upon and help grow. Yes. This would do the young mare well. "I will go with you, Topsail." She eventually announced, nodding her head in approval. Though she knew nothing of this mare other than her name and the title she gave, Mizaria had come to these lands seeking such unknowns, and she'd be dammed if she did not throw herself at the first unknown that came her way, so that anything else may also remain unknown.
    Of course, the movement the grulla had made had not gone unnoticed, and Mizaria made a note of it for herself to keep in mind for the future, that this queen, with a sweet smile and an ability she had never once come across in her life, appeared to also be impatient. Mizaria would do good to make sure to act fast when dealing with this queen again in the future. She gave a small smile as she looked at Topsail, eagerly waiting what adventures and mysteries this mare might bestow upon her.

ooc; I can never land on a template I like. sorry!