• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

COME FORTH KIDDIES
    magic comes and magic goes
    (bippity boppity bippity boppity)
    who knows if it's big or how it grows
    but one thing you'll soon find
    It will be in sight and not just mind
    (BIPPITY BOPPITY BOO BOO!)

Before your kingdom comes a tablet - appearing via magic. It's clear that its origin is with the fairies, who can trespass so easily on your sacred land? Who could do so without being seen or caught?
    The tablet reads as such -

MAGIC NEEDS ROOTS
    YOU HAVE ONE (REAL LIFE) WEEK TO DECIDE YOURS

(ooc - basically each kingdom gets one magical entity, like the Dazzling Waterfall's healing river, or the Amazon's tattoos. Because some kingdoms have none we're opening this to each kingdom to chose their own, in case they'd like to change it. This will be permanent. Forever. You're setting the foundation for the future of your kingdom!)
    Personally, I wouldn't change the tattoos (though it's more of an initiation thing than a magical entity). It sets the foundation for what the Zons stand for. I seriously cannot imagine the Jungle without the sisterhood/tattoos/oaths. Big Grin
    I totally agree, Sid. With all of that, including that the tattoos aren't a magical entity, they're a result of the initiation process and perhaps an indication granted by a magical entity that someone has sworn their life to the Jungle. So maybe we need to define what that magical entity is and can do? Because it isn't a location like the Tundra's cave or the Falls'...you know, falls. It's words spoken and the marking given. So is there anything else to it? Or is that the extent of it? I love the tattoos and don't want to change that. So if that counts as the Jungle's Thing, then I'm good with that. It is kind of sentient, in that the tattoos grow as the Sister rises in rank, changes to the mark of betrayal if they break their vows, etc. And I guess the lack of a physical anchor for it aside from This Is The Jungle does add that element of mystery to it that makes it fun. ^_^ Yeah, okay, I'm good.
    Yes, I think the tattoos are great and shouldn't change. As far as what else and what causes it? I personally, just picture the Jungle's magic stemming from The Jungle itself.. like an essence. It just exists, as long as the Jungle stands. It's whispers as the wind passes through the trees. It's like a pulsing, living power that links the sisters (and brothers?) together, and fluctuates depending what's going on. It's powerful, mysterious, and allll its own. 
    Simeon - Malyk - Navarro - Idina - Reilly - Triske - Pesky - Smidgen - Zoryn - Briske - Amara - Shona - Damali - Benjemin - Juciphena - Neal - Tatum - Skyfire - Dizorien - Badden - Rokja - Zavage - Silke
    I love the tats, though it would be interesting if there were a focal point of the Jungle, like its Heart. If that was where the tattoos came from, that's be neat.
    So! I've done some brainstorming with Evie in the cbox, and here is my idea for something tied to the tattoos.

Being the Potterhead that I am, I eventually came to the conclusion that the Jungle should definitely have a leopard Patronus. A physical representation would be cool, but would probably be too over powered to keep the tattoos and the leopards both. BUT I THUNK UP SOME MORE AWESOME STUFFZ! The Patronus would be the giver of tattoos (maybe she exhales them on to the sisters?) and of traits, too. She would also be the remover of tattoos, that is to say, she would slash the woman's chest after inhaling the tattoos. Because guys, THIS WOULD MAKE SO MUCH SENSE. Instead of everything making imaginary sense, like oh, I said some words now I magically have drawings on me/I magically don't anymore, it would be swearing yourself to the Jungle's soul aka Patronus, and then you would actually be given your tattoos, OR it would be having a physically painful and wrathful experience/reminder of when the tattoo was taken away and what it implies. In addition, the Patronus could give the women an incredibly low key sisterhood-telepathy. That is to say, instead of just giving tattoos, it would give the women awareness of where each mare is. Definitely not enough that they can communicate, but enough to say "oh, sister so-and-so is by the river, and sister so-and-so is in the dale." This would come in handy for defense and war time, and I mean, that would be so fricken awesome.

I'm really excited about this idea guys Smile
    i really like the patronus leopard idea (though i've not yet had my jungle character born to chime in Tongue)

i might caution against going so far as the giving telepathy on top of a patronus, tattoos, and trait-granting Smile
    I love the patronus idea, though I vote jaguar over leopard. They are bigger, stronger, and in my opinion generally more badass, and I think their territory is the more commonly jungley one. They're the ones you'd find in the Amazon, at any rate, whereas leopards are from India and Africa and whatnot. Also I agree with Kahzie re: the telepathy. It's a lot, and also despite the wartime usefulness, it would feel kind of invasive for day to day life. Love love love the patronus, though.
    JAGUAR PATRONUS! <3
    Simeon - Malyk - Navarro - Idina - Reilly - Triske - Pesky - Smidgen - Zoryn - Briske - Amara - Shona - Damali - Benjemin - Juciphena - Neal - Tatum - Skyfire - Dizorien - Badden - Rokja - Zavage - Silke
    magic comes and magic goes
    who knows if it's big or how it grows
    but one thing you'll soon find
    It will be in sight and not just in mind
    (BIPPITY BOPPITY BOO BOO!)

The fairies have heard your chatter and wish to clarify. The tablet has changed with a faint pop, and new words are now emerging -

MAGIC NEEDS ROOTS
    YOU HAVE TWO (REAL LIFE) DAYS LEFT TO DECIDE YOURS

You wish for a magical jaguar to embody what you call ‘Jungle Magic’. It is what you swear your loyalty to, and its breath upon you is what creates the tattoos. Later, if you have proved yourselves worthy, the big cat might also grant traits to the worthy. If you betray your kingdom, the jaguar is what slashes your chests as proof of betrayal. Are we correct?

Whomever you have chosen as your leader will have the final decision if you do not come to a consensus in time.