• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Smokescreen {ANY}
    we're setting fire to our insides for fun

The inky psychopath was back.  He needed to disappear, he had to get his head on straight. If he couldn’t find the bastard to kill, then at the very least he could give the rest of the word something to remember him by. A smile curls on his lips, a gleam shone in his leafy colored eyes. He watches as others mule about innocent and unaware of the darkness lurking nearby. His collection of abilities had grown over the years, as each horse he touched and replicated gave him a piece of their soul. The first time was always the hardest, exhausting and trying on his abilities, but each attempt he made at any particular one made it easier and more fluid until he could hold it for a few minutes at a time.

As he grew his muscles hardened, bulging from his body. Though as chiseled as he was, he still held more elegance the average draft. With a delicately boned mother, and a draft of a father. The result was intoxicating. Lean, firm, sharp edges that were pronounced. He was, in a word, beautiful, and he knew it, walking into the middle of the field the once knock kneed colt oozes of confidence. A switch of his tail and he stops, the grasses just covering his feathered ankles. Looking around he wonders at the horses cocking his head to the side, curiosity eating away at him. 

His father’s wolf was the biggest comfort, and this is what he uses for the moment, circling until he finds a comfortable position lying down in the greenery his muzzle resting on his paws. The telltale sign of his presence hidden under the squinting lids. Was he laughing? The smile on his face not at all forced but closed lipped is a natural part of his charisma. The sandy wolf’s tail fluffed against his hind paws still felt strange compared to the whipping strands of hair that his horse form produced. Still it was warm and familiar, and carried parts of distant memories that were pleasant. Far more pleasant then the horrors that a few years earlier had haunted him.

Kryten

image © laurence demaison
    Odezsa
    Odezsa was drifting aimlessly through the field again. Her ears were pricked forward, but her attention fell not with her steps or where she was going. No, her thoughts were with the weather. Spring had emerged and she had officially passed through an entire winter in this new place with no real connections to be made. Lagertha, the stunning mare she'd met upon arrival, had offered her a home among ladies. It seemed nice enough, and the silver vixen had never had her own lady friends. Archam had interrupted, promising her a herd life. This intimidated her, being a man's property. As absent as she was in her child's upbringing, Odezsa's mother made it clear that men left a sour taste in her mouth. Whether she believed her mother or not, Odezsa had yet to decide. Of course, it wasn't like she tried very hard to get out there. 

She was sort of trotting now, an awkward half-and-half gait with no destination in mind. In fact, she had not realized her hoofbeats were going quicker as she was too lost in her own mind. Before she knew it, she was galloping. Her legs stretched out, eating away at the earth. She silently scolded herself because she had promised to be more aware of the little ants who were constantly beneath her feet. She was dainty, but still so much larger than them, and they had no way to protect themselves. In a way, she related to her little friends. But right now, maxing out at her top speed, it was hard to care about anything besides how incredible the wind whipping her mane felt. 

And that's when she saw him. A dark figure nestled into the grasses, only strides away from her. If he hadn't seen her barreling in his direction, the ear-piercing shriek she let out gave away her presence. She planted her front feet down firmly, rolling back on her haunches as hard as she could, muscles rippling beneath her silver coat. She slid to a stop, but felt she was pushing it too close and awkwardly leapt to the left, tripping over her own feet and tumbling down herself. She laid still for a moment, a small giggle escaping her lips, then she glanced over at the man she has nearly trampled.. Well, her Akhal Teke frame may not have done quite the damage she imagined on his much larger one, but still. Odezsa gave him a quick one over, trying to avert her eyes because she had never seen anything quite like him, and was entirely unsure on if he'd find staring to be rude. Instead, she dipped her head low, eyes focused on her front hooves, still tangled beneath her. 

"I'm so sorry about almost running into you."

The World 
    Is A Beautiful Place And I Am No Longer Afraid To Die
    we're setting fire to our insides for fun

His smirking lips pull apart in a wolfish snarl, the squeal alerted him to the presence of another being, just as the rumbling clatter of hooves on grass had. He picks his head up lazily blinking, his green eyes adjusting to the lighting. He watches her stumble and fall, the effort of the shift had left him groggy and a little dazed, but even if that had not been an excuse he still would have watched her without moving. Why should he move? To move would be to cause a worse situation then there already was. Likely ending in snapped bones and bloody tissue.

Shaking out his black tipped fur the wolf lumbers over to her curiously. Extending a wet nose to sniff for any indication of what she was feeling. Its only after he is satisfied that he shifts back. She had giggled and said something, but he doesn’t bother to answer for several minutes before he shifts. Back in his chiseled horsy state he takes a look at her. She wasn’t a bad looking creature, her hide glinting bright in the sun. Her mane lank and dark setting off a vivid contrast, only question was, was she worth breaking? Well there was only one way to find out. He smiles at her gently, I’m fine miss, I should be asking you if you are ok? The words taste sour in his mouth, but then again he is as smooth as they come. Allowing for his earlier education in diplomacy to show through, using the skills of a prince to guide him in the manipulation of her knowledge of him. There was no way that she would be able to pick up on the truth of his sickness, no way that she would know the depth of his cruel infectious thorn.

A monster had been created, and the monster that had done so, was anything but regretful of it. Kryten would never know this though, for finding the Krampus had been impossible. He came from a line of pride, and resiliently bitter spirits. Every thought and feeling was already ingrained in his blood. The land while it did not move or gravitate towards him, there still seemed to be a small recognition. It watched him, and curiously would caress him with a breeze every so often, especially in the moments that he was about to cause grief. It’s not long before he realizes that most civilities tack on a name, so just as he is supposed to he nods to her and stated in a rasping voice I’m Kryten, he has to ponder a moment, wracking his brain for more information that eluded him. The diplomacy of his princely training seemed to slip the longer he stayed away from acting on the good memories he used to have with the king, and king’s consort on the Valley’s bluffs. He shifts his stance, the draft/arabian mixed horse uncomfortable in the silence, when he is supposed to be smoothly in control of the situation at hand. Can I help you with anything? To make up for startling you. His voice smoothing out, into the normal lyrical sounds that his proudly inherited blood gave him. Many deep tenors and airy sopranos mixed and melded together to make the form of his voice. It was a deep seeded pride he had, one that his mother taught him, engrained in him, and made every certainty that he would never forget. It was information that would be passed from one generation to the next, and as her only son, he held the most important duty of all, to make sure that their lines stayed pure.

Kryten

image © laurence demaison

OOC: Sorry this took so long
    @[Odezsa]
    Odezsa
    It took the ditzy mare a moment to realize that the creature hovering over her had a snout, one that was wet and extended her way. She should have been more afraid than she was, however she had no real concept of fear. Odezsa could hardly bring herself to believe that creatures could be foul by nature, and she was not about to start now.

She closed her eyes tightly, just incase this critter wanted trouble. Surely she knew it's name, she had seen them and the damage they were capable of from afar. And yet, it escaped her. Perhaps it was because she was more focused on remembering what it was that stood over her than focusing on the fact that it could rip her neck out that Odezsa hardly noticed him shift back. Her eyes opened with a start as she cried, "Wolf!" in her head. She failed to noticed she'd said it outloud as well. 

Back in his horse form, Odezsa could not help but note that he was handsome. He was speaking, and her eyes traced his frame with curiosity. What had she just witnessed? What kind of animal could be a wolf and then a horse? It made absolutely no sense. 

"I'm quite alright," She finally responded, her grin breaking due to the presence of his. His tone was so pleasant, so calming even. Disregarding the events that had just taken place, Odezsa found herself pleased to have found what could be a new friend.

A silence that could have been awkward fell over the duo, and the silver mare gazed around, becoming lost in her surroundings. The summer breeze gently lifted and tousled her mane, and she shook her skin with delight. Any break from the summer heat was something to be delighted over. She hardly noticed he was speaking again, but his voice, songlike, finally reached her ears and she snapped to.

"Kryten..." She allowed his name to fall from her tongue, sitting in the air longer than usual. "I um, I'm really fine. My heart rate has slowed down now." She meant it as a joke but her tone hardly changed. Then again, her tone was almost always high and birdlike, rather annoying to those who weren't as carefree in life.

"Can I help you with anything?" She countered, knowing realistically she had nothing to offer as she hardly knew the lands still. But she would try anyway, you could never have too many friends.

all my friends are heathens, take it slow

OOC: Sorry for slight delay and crappyness. It deleted my original post right as I finished it and I'm heading into work.

@[Kryten]