• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

COME FORTH KIDDIES
    magic comes and magic goes
    (bippity boppity bippity boppity)
    who knows if it's big or how it grows
    but one thing you'll soon find
    It will be in sight and not just mind
    (BIPPITY BOPPITY BOO BOO!)

Before your kingdom comes a tablet - appearing via magic. It's clear that its origin is with the fairies, who can trespass so easily on your sacred land? Who could do so without being seen or caught?
    The tablet reads as such -

MAGIC NEEDS ROOTS
    YOU HAVE ONE (REAL LIFE) WEEK TO DECIDE YOURS

(ooc - basically each kingdom gets one magical entity, like the Dazzling Waterfall's healing river, or the Amazon's tattoos. Because some kingdoms have none we're opening this to each kingdom to chose their own, in case they'd like to change it. This will be permanent. Forever. You're setting the foundation for the future of your kingdom!)
    so i have no Gates characters, but as no one has suggested a thing for the kingdom yet I thought I'd throw in a few ideas.

Keeping with the idea of "light" and peaceful, what about a forest in which anyone that enters cannot be found unless they want to be? This could be a safe place for children to hide during war, but could also be used as a plot point for maybe "criminals" that run here to hide?

Or a garden that has the very best tasting grass/fruit/etc (i'm thinking peaches of immortality from Chinese folklore, golden apples, ambrosia, just fancy things), because it is watered by a magical spring that, if drunk from, compels the drinker to only speak the truth for a certain amount of time.
    Ooh, I like the hidden forest/secret garden idea! It could have grown around the Mother Tree (if we want to keep that) and formed a sanctuary. I think it would be cool if the health of the garden were dependent on the kingdom's activity (or maybe the 'goodness' of the members? so if a criminal hides out, the plants would begin to shrivel and die? unless we are moving away from light/dark/neutral). Certain horses could be in charge of taking care of the garden (like the Falls' healer) and some plants could possibly heal or poison for plots.
    I like the magic garden idea. I like Mirage's idea with the health of the garden/Gates' landscape reflecting the "goodness" of the kingdom... If you guys want to keep the Mother Tree, it's up to you. I'm not sure if that counts as the magical entity or not.
    magic comes and magic goes
    who knows if it's big or how it grows
    but one thing you'll soon find
    It will be in sight and not just in mind
    (BIPPITY BOPPITY BOO BOO!)

The fairies have heard your chatter and wish to clarify. The tablet has changed with a faint pop, and new words are now emerging -

MAGIC NEEDS ROOTS
    YOU HAVE TWO (REAL LIFE) DAYS LEFT TO DECIDE YOURS

You have been quiet little kingdom. We think that perhaps you desire a Magic Garden (perhaps around your mother tree?) watered by a spring that compels those eating from the garden to speak only the truth. Eating the most precious of fruits might even grant you powers, while consuming the wrong ones might lead to death. Or are we wrong?

Whomever you have chosen as your leader will have the final decision if you do not come to a consensus in time.
    I like the garden idea. Smile