• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Seeking that rightful herd.
    Varnish slowly walked into the golden field of grass as her huge frame caused a shadow to follow her like a lost soul seeking attention from behind, breathing in she snorted and waltzed her way over to a patch of unclaimed grass that would save her stomach from the pain of hunger.

Glancing around at the other mares she notices she the only heavy breed making her feel ashamed of what she is, she knows that there is no true stallion that would take her away from the struggles of loneliness and into a warm herd but with a flick of her short tail she pushed the thoughts to the back of her mind and back to the aim of filling a once empty belly, full and so she did slowly spurting around pulling at the grass as it tickled the underside of her jaw making her shake her head every now and then think that would sought the itch out but it never did. 

Pushing herself she would lift her heavy head and reach for the leave of close by trees seeing as she was the only mare with a long enough neck to do so, snickering on the thought of how the others would never get to eat the fresh leaves of the tree or gather its fruits that it may bear in the right season. After what was once an empty belly Varnish moves closer to the tree and folds her legs in under her to lay down next to it and only hope for a stallion or herd to take her in.
    wє dσи'т тяυรт wσяdร, wє тяυรт αcтiσи.
    Archam

The large roan stallion explored out from his herd lands, into the field looking to grow his herd. The days grew warmer leading him to believe spring would soon be over, and summer was on the horizon. He stood at the entrance of the field casually walking around looking for someone who was alone. There was plenty of equines already in conversation, talking about there new plans, plenty of new scents that did not belong to Beqanna.

He came to a halt and scanned the area, his eyes honed in on a chestnut mare, she was of a heavier build like himself and stood off alone. After watching her for a moment he decided to approach her, a gentle whinny was released from his maw, allowing his presence to be known. He stopped a few paces from the mare Good morning, my name is Archam, may I ask for yours? he smiled at the mare, curious to if she desired a herd or kingdom. She carried a lovely scent, it was sweet and not of Beqanna, making him desire her more.

Lead Stallion of Cobblestone Creek

@[Varnish]
    Quickly she stumbled to a stand and rose to stare at the stallion that stood before her, her first reaction was to breath in the intoxicating smell of a stallion then walk past him only that she would walk extra close flicking her tail at his rump when she got close enough to it.

Whining back at him she turned around in a perfect circle she dug at the ground and lowered her head to let out her sweet words "Morning to you to Archam, and you may know my name which is Varnish" raising her head back up she smiled and flickered her big brown eyes at him only to try and entice him into picking her out of the others but the dark side of her mind pushed that away in the thought at 'who wants a big fat mare'.
    Archam

To his relief the mare appeared to be looking for a herd, a stallion at the least. She stepped closer, walking past him flicking her tail at him. She walked a circle introducing herself when in front of him again, she certainly knew how to obtain the attention of a stallion.

He stepped closer gently nipping at the base of her neck I am the lead stallion of the Cobblestone Creek, I would love for you to come back with me he smiled walking his own circle around the mare. Although she was a draft mare, he was still taller than her, his muzzle pressed against her body as he trailed the circle. Her scent was pleasant, similar to an early spring morning when the flowers and plants just started budding allowing there aroma to please the world. He stopped to stare at the mare once his circle was completed What do you say? he said in a flirty tone, hopeful that the mare would have no objections to coming back with him.

The bay tovero is at it again; one success and it goes straight to her head. She has never had purpose though, beyond the bitter ball of hate knotted up in her belly that she has carried around since infancy. Now she is an Amazon, and should do more than just breathe in the humid air of the Jungle and laze around the tropical land. She has ambition nipping excitedly at her heels, especially since the last recruitment came with the additional bonus of making a friend - something the paint mare is not altogether good at, since she usually keeps her own company or that of the Jungle Queen. With that in mind, she is sets off on the trail towards the field at a trot.

Once there, her inclination is to slow her pace down to a walk and carefully peruse the horses that start their day in the usual way: wake up, nose about for some water and grass, then settle in to wait for offers of a home to start coming their way. She did this once, can still remember the stallion that always aroused her ire and the Jungle Queen. Riva had chosen to go with both, immediately pledging her fealty to the Amazons and eventually abandoning the herd life altogether because it just did not suit her. She discovered that she wasn’t content enough with the idea of making friends and having babies, not when she could do a little more with her life and govern it herself (aside from the Queen’s decrees that is… not that she made that many that conflicted with anything Riva wanted to do).

Riva herself is not altogether impressive: she is thin from malnourishment at a tender formative age that has since stuck with her (she doesn’t quite look like she is starving all the time..) and rather angular, all sharp unfinished edges in ribs and hips, but her fur is pretty enough in its bay tovero dress. Her face is still pinched together in severity from all the hate it has thrown towards life but right now, her expression is one of pure determination; her eyes are almost hawkish in their intent as they narrow on this mare or that, then pass them over. She know the one when she finds her and then she does, a large mare of draft origins - hm, don’t see too many full-blooded draft horses around these parts these days, but she likes the good strong look of her. The paint watches the draft pull at the grass and fill her belly, and she does the same, angling closer in a circle that is casual and broad but grows smaller and more concentrated towards the mare.

Riva will do this in her own way on her own time, right now she’s actually taking advantage of the moment to ease the hunger that gnaws at her own stomach since she tends not to take proper nutritional care of herself. She stops, lifts her head with a hank of grass hanging out of her mouth to watch the large mare stretch her neck up to a tree. Can’t say that she is envious of eating leaves but she can see the promise in being able to reach fruit that the rest of them to have to knock down by rubbing their butts against the trunk and shaking all that lovely fruit loose. Still… Riva really does like the look of this big mare (kinda reminds her of Fayella, the pretty Gypsy Vanner that she befriended) with the feathered legs and lonesome air about her. Now that the big mare is laying down, the paint moves closer and then, there is a big roan stallion in the way. They start a conversation but Riva is not dissuaded, not entirely and she comes over as they share their names with each other. “And I’m Riva, sorry to interrupt but I’m sure neither of you will mind much, hm? I'm from the Amazons and we'd love to have you join us too.” Her grin is wry as she looks between the two, not in the least bit apologetic for her intrusion - she’s an Amazon, and damn proud to be one!

ooc: was in the middle of trying to post this when y'all began posting so fast! didn't want to waste what i had written so... yeah lol.
    Varnish shakes her body aggressively as if to shake off the stallions scent but stops mid shake and turns her head to acknowledge the mare that stands near her, looking closely at the mare she notices she is quiet skinny making her pout and show pity on her only to speak kind words "I will have to think on that Riva, as for you Archem" she trots closer to the stallion that only is only taller by a few she slides next to him.

Leaning closer to him she raises her muzzle to reach his ear and whispers "Its birthing season but that doesn't mean we can't breed" with that she trots past him in a hurry will flicking her tail violently only to walk over to Riva and push her over to some nice grass and for her to eat while Varnish proceeded to groom her gently.

She would look up now and then and flicker her eyes at the stallion in a flirt.
    Riva can see from the large mare’s flirtatious behavior with the roan stallion that she might have clearly made a mistake thinking the draft could benefit more from just being a broodmare, especially when the mare tries to nudge her over towards more grass. “I ate already, thank you very much.” She says, trying to keep from snapping at the Clydesdale though her lips itch to draw up over her teeth in warning at the mare as she comes far too close and actually starts to groom the paint. It makes her skin crawl and she politely escapes the mare’s gentle ministrations. Granted, grooming is a natural equine thing to do but ah, Riva doesn’t take too kindly to strangers just touching her and trying to mother her. She wasn’t that pathetic looking - she more like a lean racehorse, just on the thinner side of life, and frankly, she neither minded nor cared. The paint wasn’t at death’s doorstep after all.

“I don’t think you intend to really think on it so I think I’ll leave you two to it. If you ever tire of popping out babies and want to be more than just another mare in some stallion’s herd, come to the Jungle. You would have done well there, but maybe when you don’t have babies on the brain so much.” With that, Riva nods to them both and leaves, thoroughly disgusted with the flagrant display of flirting. She’ll need a bathe now, one in a nice cold pool deep in the Jungle to wash all the sickening touchy-feely crap off of her.

ooc: excuse her, she's bitchy lol.
    Archam

The two were interuptted by a petite paint mare who introduced herself as Riva, she belonged to the Jungle. He was rather impressed with there recruiting he has seen lately, making him glad that his kingdom has an alliance with them. He dipped his head to the painted mare and listened as she offered Varnish a home.

Varnish responded to Riva that she would think on it, moving past the mare Varnish comes up to Archam announcing her intentions, one he cannot deny gets him rather excited. His ears pricked forward and he steps forward but Varnish quickly moves past him pushing on Riva who does not take kindly to her gestures. In fact the painted mare makes it known that she did not appreciate the gesture, allowing Varnish to come to the Amazons should she not choose Archams home, quick to depart back to her kingdom. He returned her goodbye with a dip of his head before gazing back to Varnish with a smile.

He stepped forward nuzzling her from the top of her neck down to the bottom I'm sure we would make some beautiful babies continuing the conversation Won't you come back to the cobblestone with me? he smirked with his attention fully on her, almost begging her to return back with him.

@[Varnish]
    Looking at the excited stallion she respond to him in a sly but flirty way "I would love to come with but wont you just forget about me and go off and find another mare to flirt with" dipping her head on that note she slowly sniffed along his side to try and push more excitement into him, mentally giggling she moved her head across his back while breathing in is toxic stallion sent that seems to turn a switch on inside her head.

Cheekily she nipped at his flank and moved away quiet quickly incase he would kick or hurt her in anyway or harm, turning to stare at him she shakes her head making her long orange mane swish in the wind only for when she finish pieces of it would land in her face and bother her.

@[Archem]
    Archam

His gaze remained on her as she spoke, almost admitting her fear of the herd life. He slightly shook his head I do have other mares, but I would never forget about you he assured the mare, he spent time with everyone, but he would never let someone feel undesired, or abandon one of his mares.

The mare trailed down him, sniffing him, she nipped at his flank quickly moving away, striking his curiosity as to why she moved away. Instead he rotated and moved towards her, brushing his body against her he continued to walk Let me show you my herd he smiled at her gently flicking his tail, he continued forward in the direction of his herd lands.

OOC: I will make a post in the herd lands