• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Oh my, so many people.. {Any}
    Rhae smiled warmly at the filly's admission of mischief, sneaking away from her mother. She dropped her head to match the girl's height, glancing around with shifty eyes.
    "Well," she lowered her voice conspiratorially, "if she finds us, we shall just tell her you were helping me! That would most certainly keep you out of trouble, I should think!"

Her heart felt lighter spending time with this little one, and she forgot all her problems for the moment. The girl was so gentle and joyful, and the mare let her worries about her own mother and her homelessness slip away.

She watched as the child advanced on her and swept her miniature head across Rhae's body. Her eyes widened in alarm and her body instinctively stiffened. She quickly glanced around, her ears flicking back then forth and every which way in uncertainty. But surprisingly the show of affection involuntarily made her wonder an unwanted question: would she make a good mummy one day? And that thought brought her back to the girl, her gaze worried, then softened. She supposed she wasn't naturally a very affection type of person, but she'd need to learn to be if she were ever to have children of her own.

Rhae forced the tension in her muscles to dissipate as much as she could manage, hoping her reaction had gone unnoticed, though she couldn't seem to be rid of all of it with her natural tendency to be on edge. She was able, though, to bring her muzzle to a small cheek and give it a light huff, stirring the girl's scent for memory. If they were to part this day, at least she would remember the girl who surprised her at every turn and gave her the gift of momentary joy.

"I haven't been very many places, I suppose," she answered. "Mostly I just followed my mum and her best friend around areas much like these. I have searched for her a long while but it appears they have moved on without me, so it's just me now." She smiled sadly.

She was growing a little more comfortable, and didn't seem to fidget quite as much. A light chat with this judgemental-free filly friend was just what she needed, she was beginning to realize. There was no pressure to impress, sound intelligent, or look pretty. Being in these parts often felt like she was interviewing for different jobs, always trying to say the right things and act the right way to earn her place. But here with.. Oh my, she hadn't even asked her name yet!

"Oh!" her eyes widened, "Forgive me, my manners seem to have run off without me! I am Rhae."

Messages In This Thread
    Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-10-2016, 10:04 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-12-2016, 10:26 AM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-14-2016, 11:34 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-15-2016, 11:24 AM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-16-2016, 10:14 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-18-2016, 12:07 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-23-2016, 04:27 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-27-2016, 04:34 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-30-2016, 09:40 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 08-03-2016, 10:19 AM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 08-08-2016, 06:08 PM