• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Grumblequest: results!
    “Stop!”

Grumble’s desperate shout echoes through the chamber, and he pulls the tattered remains of the room’s defenses back into himself, gathering up just enough energy for one last bit of magic in the hopes of keeping you alive. Caught up in the rage of battle, the last of the hunters launches an attack right at Grumbles, a lightning bolt that would have struck him in the chest--if it weren’t for Stumbleduck. Grumble’s drunken, borderline useless friend throws himself in front of your dear Grumble, taking the blow and falling to the floor in a twitching heap that falls still all too soon.

“Ducky!” Grumble cries, falling to his knees beside his oldest friend, reaching out to touch Duck’s face. “Please,” he begs your remaining opponent, his arms spreading wide in surrender and supplication. “Enough.” He looks back at you, his eyes dull with remorse. “Enough. I’ll go. Just...give me a minute, okay?”

Warily the hunter nods, and Grumble walks up to you, using scavenged magic to heal you the best he can. “I’m sorry. I should never have--but it’s done now, isn’t it. You served me well, my beauty. I couldn’t have asked for a better guardian. But there’s no need for you to die too.” He presses his forehead to yours, and reaches up to unbuckle your halter. “Thank you, dearest.” As he pulls the halter off, he reaches in with the last of his strength and pulls on your battle magic, dragging it out of you, making every cell in your body scream in white hot agony for a moment.

Go home, love. I’ll take it from here.

He kisses your forehead, laying a transport spell on you before he turns to walk meekly toward the last hunter standing. When he is close enough to be captured, he holds out his hands, turning to look back at you as the hunter removes a glowing set of handcuffs from their pocket and reaches forward to shackle Grumble’s wrists.. As the room begins to fade, the last thing you see is a wicked grin on Grumble’s face as he lunges at the hunter.

And then you are home. Bruised and battle-scarred and finally, truly home. With no clue whether Grumble is alive or dead, free or captive. But each of you has a special little something Grumble left behind as his thanks for your aid, willing or no.

Chaol, in return for aging yourself to be a more effective guardian, you are being granted use of the size-shifting utilized to age your body and bulk it out for battle. This extends to natural horse sizes, so anywhere from tiny falabella to massive draft horse.
    Fart, you may choose to keep either your shiny wings or your noxious fume emission. I’m going to leave that one up to you. Please reply with your choice.
    Offspring, you now have pyrokinesis. Which should be interesting alongside your ice manipulation.
    Shannisoran, you now have armor. You may pick the material within reason (bone, steel, scale, etc.) just reply with what type you would like.
    Vidar, you now have dire wolf-shifting, and your wolf form will be comparable in size to your horse form.

Thanks for playing, everyone! I really enjoyed reading the stories you wrote, and you all did a fantastic job! I’ll take care of the updates, and I’ll be around if you have any questions.
    So perfect! I love it! Thank you so much Grumble!

Quick question: is this something he can call when needed, or will he have it all the time?
    Thank you, Grumblesnapes, my love! What fun to play with both fire and ice. Smile
    You're very welcome. Smile And all the time, Insane.
    Oh Fart will absolutely keep his noxious fumes I dare say!
    Why THANK YOU

Also dear Grumble shall we submit updates as genetic or non?
    Oh I can't read obviously xD
    I'll take care of the updates. Smile The rewards are all genetic.
    Ok! In that case, is jet scale armor acceptable?
    Jet like the stone, or the color?

...which is basically black. So probably the stone. But I should still make sure.
    Yes, the stone <33
    Also, can it be called "poison gas"
    [Image: ca94dsg_by_calltherp-dcioghd.gif]
    SLOW-WORDER CLUB