• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

protesting in your paper crown; ahem, ladies

The lavender lips are curling upward after the recent challenge. Matching pools peer from beneath the tuft of the pastel purple brow. She is queen of the Village and it causes a bloom of swelling pride in her breast. She does not feel humble at fucking all.

Limbs pull her across the land to enter back within her home. The scent of the other women was prevalent. Pools casually caress the tree lines and grasses in search of other forms. Chem was most likely off with one of the girls-

(occupied)

due to the nature of the autumn season. The thought of foaling this season causes Helle to curl her lips in a slight sneer. No...she would pass on a child this season. Let the others bear his fruit. This it best to remain focused on the herd and their territory. 

And now the first order of business.

The call is low but nonetheless a summons. It calls to the other women in a different tone, smooth but assertive and heavy with bearing. Helle anticipated their presence and surely it would be a pissy, bitchy, sour one. 

Whatever.

She waits for the women to arrive before speaking. Pale amethyst eyes meet to each of them...some she knows and some she does not but it does not matter. Best to get the words out before they start to squabble with one another. "I'm Helleborn, some of you I know and some I do not. Chem has appointed me as lead in the Village." The striped lass speaks clearly to them, eyes purposely working to meet with each set of the mares. "I understand who we are- what we are. We are strong women. We are proud and we take no fucking shit from anyone. I am calling you all today because I make no plans to play pretty princess and toss my weight around... No, my job is to be protection and be the face beside Chem. Whether you like me or not is on you but I am here to serve beside our stallion and to help protect this herd just as he. I truly do not give two shits what you do with him because ladies, we have better things to do them squabble over a man. We are better than that. Those who do...well, best of luck. Just know I won't stand in your way."

She falls quiet after speaking and allows any other woman to have her say. Lobes are moving against the cooling breeze when it lifts her tresses, toying playfully with them. Helle actually hoped they would understand what she was trying to say. She was not taking the lead position to boss them around or try to play puppet master for shits and giggles. No. The head bitch in charge just wants to maintain a level of harmony whilst sitting on the throne. She is more than ready to accept the responsibility of Alpha and would execute it flawlessly.

HELLEBORN

light up the world as i fall asleep

Photograph by

you just activated a nuclear warhead

Sabe finally had a moment to herself, she had three foals to take care of this season and they were almost a year old and always out doing there own thing now. She was quietly off grazing in silence enjoying the nice breeze that passed every now and than. It was breeding season and her and Chem were off getting busy and she was probably with foal already, but only time would tell. News spread quickly that Chem crowned a lead mare, to say Sabe was outraged is an understatement. She expressed her dislike but was quickly put in her place and Helle remained lead. Just the thought of that mare being the lead makes Sabe grit her teeth.

Of course the silence was broken by the wenches call, why in the world is that bitch calling for me she thought to herself with a disgusted look on her face. Her ears gently layed to her head and she contemplated blowing her off but perhaps it would be a shit show to watch and entertaining. She slowly walked over, taking all the time in the world to get to Helle. She was of the first to appear which actually was quiet awkward, apparently she should have gone slower. She took a spot before her and cocked her hind left leg looking around agitation written all over her face.

The others slowly appeared from the woodwork and Helleborn quickly started her speech. She went in to talk about how the herd was strong and a snort escaped her mouth. Sabe certainly was strong but who the fuck were these other mares? None of them talked to each other, was she expecting a sister hood? Helleborn will be thoroughly upset to learn Sabe does not appreciate the presence of the other mares. she was here to be the protection of the herd? if someone needed a mare to protect them than they should go back to there mommy, Sabe certainly did not need this mares protection. 

She finally lifted her head to find the gaze of this mare

So what is it you are expecting from us?  
    she said in a sour tone, her eyes cocked curious to her reply.

Sabé

» Innocence is always unsuspicious «

I had heard the news a little while back. Chem had chosen Helle as his lead. She was flashy, outspoken- of sorts, and even if I didn’t want to admit it a good choice. The conclusion was not my first, and getting to that point had taken some time. When i had heard the news, I had to exit whatever conversation I was in and take time to process. It didn’t make sense to me at first, I thought i knew where I stood with Chem. he hadn’t outright said it, but I know he is different with me, I’ve seen his general interactions with some of the others and there is just something different about how he is with me. And truly, I don't mean to be vain, or self important...it simply is an observation. Well anyway all this is to say that my feelings were hurt initially. But after thought, I am not the bold fighter that Chem probably wanted. Herd lands tended to change hands quickly here, and they were in many ways more vulnerable than kingdoms as they were smaller and removed from their larger encompassing kingdoms. And while I knew I would fight for what I cared for, it is not my nature to be outspoken. All of this was difficult to accept and I was glad I heard the rumor first, so I wouldn’t have a public affair of coming to grasp with the terms, Chem wouldn’t appreciate that. He is many things, loving, snarky, proud, but when he decided on something he was resolute in the decision. Chem you not take kindly to someone testing his decisions. If someone won a challenge that was different, but bitching and whining would most likely not be welcomed.

I heard the call and was more than happy to go, since I was ok with it all by the time the call came. I arrived at the meeting place, and waited for the others to come. It would be interesting to hear everyone’s thoughts. But I dipped my dark muzzle to Helle in greeting and listened to what she had to say. Jealousy worked through me, but I ignored it, best to worry about my standing with Chem when I was physically with him. Helle could not confirm a thing for me. When Helle finished, Sabe spoke up bitter (as I would expect given the rumor she lost a challenge). I had no time for all that nonsense so I walked across the group and stood beside the colorful mare, jealous or not I would respect my lover’s decisions. My words were to Helle, but my actions were a message for everyone ”Even if I don’t know you well enough to fully trust you yet Helle, I trust Chem and I must believe you were right for the job. I’ll have your back should you need it.” If the others were to cause a stink they would have to deal with me and Helle--for sure Helle.

Vessel

Kimber x Nymphetamine

Sreva had never taken any interest at all in being lead mare, much less a leader of anything. If Chemdog had approached her about taking the mantle of lead mare, she would've told him to go ask one of the other mares he was always off busy screwing with, even outside of breeding season. Sreva didn't understand why her body reacted a certain way when he was around near foaling season, since she'd grown up pretty reserved and didn't really have any adults to teach her this stuff. Eventually, she figured it out.

It was nature's way of telling her to put a baby in that belly. Yeah, like that was gonna happen anytime soon. Sreva just didn't feel ready yet to have a foal of her own. Those twins Sabe was taking care of, different story. Sreva would've just been there to help raise the foals, not take them on full-time by herself. But of course that mare had to be a complete prick and brushed Sreva away, wanting to handle three foals on her own.

Sreva had thought Sabe was a somewhat nice mare, even if they didn't interact a lot, but now, the pintaloosa could see that one of Chemdog's favorite mares was a total prick and very much like a lot of horses she'd had to deal with when she was growing up.

Helleborn also reminded her of those horses; spouting out bullcrap wherever she went, bragging about her newfound position as lead mare of the village. Which was why when Sreva heard the mare's call, she'd almost ignored it. Almost being the key word; perhaps if she went to where Helleborn was calling, she could put the haughty alpha mare in her place, or at least give her a piece of her mind and let her know how Sreva really felt.

Once she'd arrived at the gathering place, Helleborn spoke up above the other mares, and that made Sreva quite angry. It was like the alpha mare was talking down to them, the ones that were members of the herd. Really, who did she think she was?!

Sabe, surprisingly, voiced the same question Sreva had. She decided not to ask the same question, but instead branch off of it, "Yeah, you're saying you'll protect us, but I can just tell by the look of you there's a catch. What is in it for you? Bragging rights? The knowledge you can boss us around? What the hell do you want from us?" the pintaloosa spat, eyes narrowed in an irritated manner as she looked at Helleborn.