• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  It's a new day, it's a new plan. I've been waiting for you

Every day has something new to offer. Just when I think I’m getting the hang of things, I have another growth spurt or the world gets a bit bigger. Each new season has its own challenges too. I’m certainly not complaining, there is so much adventure, pleasure and beauty in this vast and complex life, I am merely pointing out the frustration in knowing so little and being so insignificant. I travel quietly, exploring the forest for the first time. The foliage has turned from shades of emerald to bright yellows, oranges and reds but thankfully, the noisemakers have not yet littered the ground. I prefer to hear my surroundings over the deafening crunch of dried leaves beneath my dark hooves.  Many verbal warnings and instinct keep my senses keen for the many dangers lurking. But there is something else distracting me recently. A scent that seems to trigger some other primal instinct yet it is new and elusive to me. I feel on edge, temperamental, almost looking for a fight. There is a hunger, a desire stirring, but I can’t quite put my finger on it. Stopping to rub my palomino-pelted shoulder on the rough bark of a tree I sense a presence.

It's a new day, it's a new start. It's alive with the beating of young hearts.