• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Wherever I am is exactly where I'm supposed to be. [Jedi, Any]
    ASHARA

It had been three years since venturing outside the kingdom borders. Three years since that fateful day that changed her life. Through the horror of that attack came the best thing that ever happened to her, a baby boy, the love of her life. Now that he was grown, the golden vixen had gone from attentive full time care giver back to a sedentary lifestyle. It was hard to adjust and a part of her yearned to be needed and to love. He had grown into a respectable boy, something any mother would be proud of, and she had to accept his independence. Her constant companion helped with the transition, she couldn’t possibly be blessed with a better friend. She was indebted to him forever because of his support, care, and for taking in her son as his own.

Equines dotted the emerald and yellow landscape as they grazed and socialized. Some here temporarily and others had made it their home. She couldn’t help the tension in her jaw and shoulders, it was a subconscious manifestation of caution. It was unclear if this adventure, stepping out of the bubble of safety would be one of pleasantries or of regret but she trusted in her painted comrade.

If you're ever gonna find a silver lining
    It's gotta be a cloudy day

@[Jedi]
    [Sorry I'm rusty, hope this is okay?]

Jedi led a rather boring life for a stallion with his position in the kingdom, his dearest friend and her son vanished from the lands over a year ago. He thought about them everyday, but as time went on it faded into only when something reminded him of them. It was hard to forget the pair, her son that he loved like his own, and the mare who was his closest friend. In her time gone he has continued his duties and even managed to make a few friends of his own.

He stood off by the creek alone relaxing in the sun with his eyes closed, although they quickly popped open when the scent of Ashara ran through his nares Could it be? he mumbled to himself. There was just no way she was here, she left without saying goodbye, why would she be back? He could not ignore the scent, he needed to find out if it was her or not, he bolted towards the scent growing strong with every step. A whinny escaped from his maw as her scent continued to grow stronger, once he reached the top of the hill he looked down into the open field were his eyes could not believe the sight they held. The golden vixen returned, Cicero was not with her but he had so many questions for her it did not matter.

A joyous whinny escaped loud enough to wake any sleeping residents, and he playfully thrashed his head around as he made his way down to his golden friend. Ashara! he screamed for joy as he approached her, he playfully lifted his front legs off the ground (not fully a rear) and circled around her pressing his body against hers, an equine he did not imagine to see again. Where have you been Ashara? I've missed you! his voice had a hint of pain in it, he felted betrayed by her disappearance and worried for nights on end until he accepted that she left.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk

@[Ashara]

OOC: not a problem:p Jedi is just happy to see his friend
    ASHARA

Amber pools searched for the painted stallion, following his whinny. She smiled her normal warm and content beam as he appeared above the hill racing towards her. It was quite the enthusiastic welcome and the golden vixen was a bit surprised and confused over such a reaction. When he asked where she had been, bewilderment appeared on the features of her white starred cranium. Where had she been? Home, of course. She wouldn’t dare leave the safety of the kingdom borders. Where else would there be to go? She couldn’t fathom leaving, venturing off into the terrifying unknown world alone, without a destination. She was lucky enough to be accepted where she was, let alone the amazing friends she had made and her important role in the royal politics. It was true, a great deal of time was spent in the shadows of the forests within the falls borders, especially in the heat of the summer, raising their son, but surely it hadn’t been that long since they last saw each other? If she hadn’t known he was here in the meadow, and the journey short, she wouldn’t have come out here on her own. “What do you mean, Jedi? You know I would never leave the kingdom, not alone, not after what happened.  I know Cicero and I have kept to ourselves a lot since he was born, raising a child isn’t easy, but I would never leave. ”

If you're ever gonna find a silver lining
    It's gotta be a cloudy day