• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

feel the heart underneath my skin; megz-pony
    throw me to the wolves & i will return leading the pack.
    She stands in the Hush; that is what she has come to think of it as - a cathedral stillness of trees taller than any trees she has ever seen. Keeper cannot see the tops of the trees, but imagines that they must meet the sky in some way, or the clouds at the very least. Not prone to dreaming whimsically, she does spare a thought or two to whimsy in that she wonders if the clouds ever get stuck in the branches, and if so, does the wind pick them back out and send them on their way? She laughs to herself, realizing as she does, that she has broken the reverent hush of the Forest; the results of this are varied - a bird takes flight, a hare freezes mid-motion, but the bees still drone busily about their hive nearby, and slowly the mare settles back into her own stillness too, as the hare hops across the way and disappears into the brush.

Eventually, she is drawn towards the beehive.
    It is not that far off the ground, as she peers up at it curiously.

Keeper stretches out her neck, tries to lip at the base of the hive but the bees swarm her face and she backs off, wary of their stinging threat. She reconsiders the beehive with a tilt of her head, eyeballing the bees as they fly around in circles, buzz buzz buzz - that’s all she hears, and it is getting louder as if her mere presence has agitated the hive, and it has. A breeze comes bouncing by, playful and cool, and sets the hive to swinging precariously from side to side. She really hopes that it doesn’t fall - she does not want to displace the bees, but she is curious about the honey that she knows is inside. A golden gob plops down on her nose and she jerks back with a snort, shaking her head furiously but the honey remains in place, going all sticky in her fur.

“Oh geez,” she says aloud, exasperation set deep in her voice. The dunskin rubs her nose against the tree, smearing the honey in further and gives up with an exasperated sigh. She takes a step back and still eyes the hive, wary but not defeated.

ooc: i'm sorry, i don't know what this is. :/

Keeper

I could always, always, always count on my sisters to help me escape our beautiful home. Just like they could count on me to help cover for whatever one of them wanted to skip out and explore. Halo was insistent on either sending Luna out in bird form or skipping out herself. Me? Well I was content to help be a distraction eight times out of ten. I enjoyed wandering through our home, finding new nooks and crannies I hadn't seen before or laying in the depression where we had been born. The magic still simmered there, something that made my blood run a little faster in my veins.

Or maybe I was just imagining things.

This time it was my turn to wander. My feet felt itchy and I wanted out. I needed out to explore, to find something new. Our dads were still awfully protective of us, but we were growing fast...faster than they liked. I could see it sometimes in their eyes. The sadness (but yet extreme happiness) that they got when they remembered how little we were or how big we would get. Growing up...adults don't like it when we grow up. They know that they won't be able to save us from everything, even if they want to try to.

Anyways.
    I don't know what distraction Halo and Luna pulled off, but as soon as I heard Halo's big mouth I was out. Skipping past the boundaries where I smelled Uncle Zu and Grandma's forms. They had been prowling the edges of the territory more and more lately. Some itching under their skins making them restless.

It's just past dawn, so I managed to get out early enough that I could explore a ways out if I hurry. So I do. My little legs churning quickly as I move past two herdlands and out past the Adoption Den. I didn't want to find other littles. Besides Dads have shown us that place, taken us there a time or two so we were familiar with it. I didn't want familiar. I wanted new. I am careful to keep an eye out for landmarks. I didn't want to get lost.

Our Dads were used to a little bit of a heartattack now and again, but if I wasn't back by night time...it would be a full blown cardiac arrest. And then Uncle Zu would be out as well, even though he pretends to be tough, he's a big softie.

Oh! What's this? I slow as I move through an open Meadow and find some tall trees. I cannot see the tops of them as I move under their canopies. It was thick here even along the edge. I dig my hoof against the bottom of a tree now and again as I move through it, marking my way so I didn't get lost.

A rather loud buzzing catches my attention and then the softer rumbling of a voice. I adjust my pace, digging another spot before I creep around a rather large and thick trunk. It was just a mare playing with a rather large hive of honeybees. "Oh I wouldn't do that. Halo once dropped a hive and they chased her forever!" It had been hilarious. I had laughed for days. "She got lucky though and jumped into one of the small ponds we have around our home and they left her alone. So she only got stung a little. I didn't see any ponds or water around here." I'm still lingering behind the tree, mostly just my head and neck peering around. If that hive dropped I was going to hide like I had before when Halo had did the same thing.

"They didn't bother Luna. She sat in the tree as a crow and cawed her laughter as Halo ran by. It was rather hilarious." The almost yearling grinned and waited to see what the other mare would say...."Oh yeah! I'm Furia, but you can call me Fury."

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.