• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Lagertha, any;
    Their trek is tedious and much too long for the liking of the angelic faced mare, her legs had tired miles ago but instead of bitching about it in her usual selfish way, Vyx simply simpers and continues on. The iron-grey mare that led the way hadn’t seemed like the type to indulge her during one of her bratty fits anyway. Lagertha hadn’t exactly romanced her to the Jungle but she did provoke a mischievous interest – something about her tugged at Vyx’s devious side and beckoned her to her home. It’s not like she had shit else better to do anyway, the Meadow was a fucking right bore.

Vyx was usually careful to wield each mask she wore quite carefully but as they reached the edge of the Jungle, she can do little to stop the wide-eyed gleaming and pursed mouth of excitement that graces her face. She had never traveled so far, the bright green fronds and flamboyant birds were as alien to her as the Tundra’s wall of ice would have been. “It’s beautiful here,” she coos, so softly it would be only to herself unless Lagertha was listening particularly well. “So how important are you here, you look fucking important,” she says, eyeing the armor plating the mare wore, she begins to wonder what it would feel like against her own skin before a whooping monkey comes to scare the living shit out of her.

A cobalt blue tipped mane slaps against her slender back legs before sprouting long black hairs, her hooves became paws but her green eyes were still wide with curiosity tinged fright, only now they stared out from the face of a sleek black fox instead of a sleek black mare. Vyx was still quite young and unable to fully control her shifting during bouts of fluctuating emotions – distress, excitement, they all triggered a subconscious shift into her secondary form. For now, as with all things – they take time to adjust and be mastered. “What was that?” The black fox says with a shimmy of her body, reaching with slender legs and toes outstretched,because I don’t like it, or whatever the fuck kind of horrific noises its making,” she grumbles behind two rows of gleaming, pointed teeth. She would definitely make it a point to find whatever it was and eat it to death.
    this will never end, ‘cause i want more, more, give me more
    Look, she never said that being an Amazon was easy; you had the heat and the various poisonous things in the Jungle, the loudest of the earthly creatures screaming day and night, and then there was the vast spectrum of personalities. Some might consider her to be on the more difficult side (along with Scorch, but don’t ever put them in the same breath), of that spectrum, but she liked to think of it as tough love.

The Jungle was full of tough love for everyone else but the Sisters. They took care of their own, from the most fragile psyche to the most embittered exterior. If someone’s life was boring, it was their own fault; ask any child of the Jungle about their adventures and they’ll probably gush about this and that and the other thing they recently discovered. Lagertha didn’t hear Vyx’s exact words, but the tone of awe was music to her ears. Yes, this place is beautiful. So many underestimate it, for it doesn’t have the open sky and stars of the Dale, or the Northern Lights of the Tundra. It doesn’t glisten in gold like the Desert, or have a calm serenity like she images the Gates to have. It has a vibrant, ferocious energy that feeds her soul and keeps it alive with each beautifully formed flower.

But on to her question - “Save Khaleesi, I have held three out of four of the top positions: Bloodrider, Lady, and General. For now I am only the General of the Army, and for good reason.” The words a dry and she explains no further, preferring to leave the twist of words as they are; there was a good reason she wasnot the Lady, and a good reason she was the General. Let Vyx parse it out. Let her… assume what she will. The Lady was gone, as was one of the Bloodriders - but as soon as Rhy came back, Lagertha wanted to introduce the young woman to her lightning comrade. If her hunches are right, Vyx will be on their side.

A Howler monkey screams its claim to the territory, and though her ears swivel to follow its sound, Lagertha doesn’t fright like Vyx does. They’re fucking annoying creatures at night, but in the day time, they are a sign that there are no jaguars present. She stops and turns to look back at the black and blue mare, chuckling a little to find her in fox form. She is so little like that… it’s quite cute, actually, even when she bares her teeth. “It’s just a Howler monkey. They’re big and black and too big for a fox to take on. Besides, they don’t eat meat, they just interrupt our sleep. If you choose to stay you’ll get used to the noises. Took me awhile, but it’s all a lullaby now.”

Lagertha smiles and indicates to the interior with a jerk of her head. “Come on. We’re almost there.” She doesn’t care whether Vyx follows in fox or horse form, for after a couple of minutes, they find themselves at the edge a very large clearing, and the central home of the Amazons.

“So… this is it. If you see a white and gold mare, let me know. Rhy is our Ambassador and perhaps the only one I can call friend.”

Ah, but she’s let a little slip. Whoops! (Or was it really an accident?)
    lagertha
    carnage x grim reaper; amazonian general
    and when I breathed, my breath was lightning
    Maybe the howler monkey was screaming because it saw a lion. They aren’t that fond of her, though the monkeys seem to understand that there’s something wrong about the lion in the Jungle. They don’t fear her in quite the same way they do the jaguars and the leopards, but of course, she doesn’t have quite the same climbing ability as they do either. Still, they tend to keep their distance as she prowls through the Jungle, still gold and white but certainly not a mare. The burn patch from Katros is still visible on her hip. The hair would regrow eventually, but it was still singed on the tips. She sort of liked it that way. Even as a lion, the singe marks didn’t seem to go away.

She can hear better this way though, and she hears a familiar voice along with an unfamiliar one that seems rather horrified at the screeching monkey. Rhy laughs, which comes out as a low rumble in this form as she slinks closer. She’s been gone for some time, but she feels better now. Or maybe not better, but simply more alive. Perhaps it’s time for her to stop pretending to be what she isn’t. Then again, she’s still not entirely sure she knows what she is, but she’s learning.

She slips out the dense tree cover to see the two mares there, right on cue as Lagethera mentions a gold and white mare. She shifts back then, though not until they’ve both seen the lioness. Lagertha will know, and the newcomer will get used to it. Lagertha is possibly the only horse in the Jungle that won’t shy at the sight of Rhy the Lionness, but even still, she has come to expect a slight pause. Even Scorch hesitates around her. Not necessarily out of fear, but certainly instinct. Rhy is deadly, though thankfully, she is also kind.

“She’s pretty fucking important, is the short answer,” Rhy says with a grin, taking a few more steps to close the answer. Yes, she’s been listening. “And you forgot the part where I’m not always a mare,” she adds with a grin. There’s something still very feline about her right now, something that is distinctly Rhy and yet not at all. She’s not sure what’s become of her entirely. Perhaps she’s just finally come alive. She wants to say something about the friend comment, but now doesn’t seem like the time, and so she simply meets Lagertha’s eyes for a moment before focusing on the newcomer.

“Ambassador and bloodrider, may I add. I think that also makes me pretty fucking important.” She says it with a grin though, electric dancing on her skin and in the gleam in her eyes. She doesn’t say it to be haughty, just to be silly, and that much is clear. “Who might you be?”

rhy

the electric lioness of riagan and rayelle

character reference here | character info here