• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Eat your veggies to conquer the world; eight

Insignificant. The black stallion had never felt like much of anything. The first two years of his life had been spent in the forest, as a black bunny with a red mark on his nose and 2 red hind feet. If the pitch black fur and red markings were not odd enough the pointed fangs that hid behind his little bunny lips were usually enough for everyone to back away slowly. It seemed that it didn’t matter if he were rabbit or horse, no one seemed to want him around. Not the foals in the den or the rabbits in the woods- they all kept their distance.  It wasn’t long ago that he decided to try the whole horse thing again, and had taken the not too comfortable transition from bunny to stallion.[/font][/size][/color]

Since then he had meandered the lands, but had yet to really meet anyone. The autumn air felt cool against his coat, as he walked around Beqanna until he came upon the Valley. Thiago knew enough to know he should not just enter, but he walked up to the edge and took a look around. Vallet was shaded and tree covered, which suited him for the time. He liked being able to hide, but if he were to change the feeling of being insignificant than he would have to stay out of hiding. Who knew, maybe he would find use for his oddity here, but he had to try (or something like that). So he waited, calm as still, save the faint pucher of his lips where he toyed with the fangs.

Thiago

Today Vegetables
    Tomorrow the world

What is this :/ I don’t even know.

no matter what they say, I am still the king

What’s it like to be disdained by everyone? To be looked at as something akin to a monster, an outsider, or even a nobody? Was that what you were, little Thiago? So insignificant that not a soul in the world cared to look when you shifted from your little black form into the man you really are? Eight could relate – slightly. He too, was a nobody (when he wanted). He perused the shadows like a bookstore, he bided his time among the upper cliffs watching below, he hardly existed when his soul thrummed through the Valley forests. He too, could be a nobody – passed up by each and every soul.
    Of course, that was his choice, really. He preferred to stay on the edges of society. Oh dear, sweet, Thiago – you may be feel spurned and distraught that you are simply a wisp among the wind – but I promise you, sometimes it is best to be a nobody. Sometimes it is best to get lost in the current of your own time, and ignore all the rest.
    But, you didn’t know that, did you? And instead you tired of your game of charades, your alone time became weary, your solace was no longer in the burrows and dens of the rabbits. You were ready to become something, someone, that mattered. Why, it would be a shame if you came to regret that decision.
    Eight was always watching – but don’t we all know that? He’s the ‘Guardian’ of this Valley – though everyone knows it’s simply because he’s a magician. What better man to stalk the shadows of your home than one who could destroy anything that came into it? Lucky for you, my rabbit reaper, Eight knows you are no harm. How could you be? Standing so demurely at the door, waiting for an invitation inside – like a little rabbit eared vampire. Would it come to a terrible end if Eight let you in?
    He appeared quietly before you – appearing suddenly with a slight whoosh of air. His wing, still fractured from his battle with Yael, was useless for riding on the updrafts of wind. I do suppose apparition was a bit more startling than flying down at least.
    “Thiago, is it?” He takes a few quick steps towards you, quickly closing the gap between. “I’ve been expecting you. Punctuality clearly isn’t your thing, hm?”
    With that, he gave a jerk of his head towards the inner realm of the Valley, and began walking away.

and now the storm is coming, the storm is coming in