• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Warning
    They had been warned once, but they did not listen. No, instead, their greed became greater, their behavior more reckless. They threw their powers about like grains of sand, draining it away from the land that so graciously gave them magic in the first place. Where had the magic come from, after all, in a race that had started with none? It did not originate with them, certainly, but with the land that loved them so.

Oh, how she gave and gave. And how they took and they took.

First the war. Bloodshed for the sake of bloodshed, and nothing more. A pissing match of powers that only led to ruin. Not one of them stepped back. Not one of them tried to stop it. They lusted for war, even when they did not admit it. They lusted for power.

And now, the raid. And for what? A throne that no one had earned. A title that no one deserved. What had they ever given to the Deserts - truly given? Oh, but they had taken from it. Taken shelter in the oasis, taken traits granted to those with titles. Yes, they protected it, but why? Because it suited them, of course. It suited them to play pretend, like they cared. How many stopped for a moment to think? How many ceased the use of their traits to spare the lands that supplied those powers?

None.

And no matter what they had done, in the end, she does not see how they have ever earned all they have been given. And so once again, she is forced to gather the inhabitants of Beqanna to herself. How many warnings could she give them? How many chances did they deserve?

“What does it take to make my children listen? Still, you fight for good and evil, though no such divisions exist. Still, you fight for power, when I have already given you so much. So I will remind you, once more, that you borrow this land and these powers from me.”

She pulls the powers from the magical entities, and you can feel the change rippling through the land, disappearing into the earth into a place that you cannot feel at all. “You will protect your magical entities, for they are no longer magical. They still exist, but they can no longer grant you powers, show you the future or your spirit, or anything else. However, should any harm come to them, your kingdom will wither and die.” She pauses only for a moment, but it is not long before Beqanna continues.

“Members of the Deserts, leave your kingdom now.” She waits only long enough for them to flee, and any that do not heed the warning will be caught in the repercussions. She will no longer save them. Then, the tides swell, and a tidal wave sweeps over the Deserts, submerging the kingdom into the sea. “No one has earned a right to sit the throne of the Deserts. Perhaps, in time, you will.”

“Do not make me return, or I will not be so kind.”

And with that final warning, she disappears, returning the inhabitants of Beqanna to the lands they were pulled from. Perhaps, this time they would learn. But perhaps, they were too far gone to be saved.

Updates:
    1. The magical entities still exist, but they are no longer magical, and cannot grant powers/visions of the future/spirit animals/etc. Any damage done to the entities will cause harm to your kingdom, and they cannot be healed by magic.
    2. All kingdom granted traits have been removed.
    3. The Deserts has been flooded and is no longer inhabitable.