• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

God's grace lost and the devil is proud | any
    Odezsa
    Odezsa felt bad, she had not meant to startle the youngster. She felt a slight pang in her heart and reminded herself that sometimes, people were lost in their thoughts like she was and she needed to be careful in how she approached them. She made a mental note to be more careful with. After all, her careless approaches led to to practically tripping over a figure nestled into the earth that she believed to be another equine until it's wet nostrils had been poked in her face. Of course, he somehow still ended up being a horse which confused Odezsa to no end. Kryten, wasn't that what he called himself? How on earth could someone be two different creatures? Beqanna was still such a strange beast the the mare, a strange, untamed beast.

Ithaca...It was a beautiful named. The silver fox found herself most envious of the names she had heard in her time here. Everyone had lovely names that rolled so easily off her tongue, names she loved repeating. She was awesome by the maturity and eloquence with which the filly spoke. In comparison, it was Odezsa who spoke like a child. Of course, this was of her character and nothing new. But still, she was awfully impressed but not at all threatened. Odezsa was blissfully unaware of just how childlike and silly she really was.

The filly asked a question that struck the mare, and she took in a sharp breath. What was their purpose? Was their something they should be doing? Quite honestly, Odezsa had just been wandering aimlessly and exploring her new home since arriving. Lagertha up and left before she could get any further instructions, not that she would have fully comprehended them anyway.

"I um," She looked around nervously, then back to Ithaca with a look of despair. 
    "I'm not really sure. I...I didn't realize we're supposed to be doing anything but playing."

An awkward pause, and then she caught it. A third scent had entered the air, and her ears pivoted first, followed by her gaze in the direction of the rather blatant approaching footsteps. The stranger introduced herself rather quickly, and Odezsa flashed her toothy, awkwardly warm smile and dipped her head at an angle. The obviousness of the other mare's statement was lost on her, as Odezsa was delighted to have met another friend. Jumping to conclusions was one of her strong suits.

"Hello Riva!" She sang, her eyes drifting back towards the filly. "That's Ithaca." Her tone was prideful, as if she known the youngster for more than a couple sentences. Her smile remained plastered on her lips, genuine as ever. "I'm Odezsa....maybe you can help answer some of our questions?" 

all my friends are heathens, take it slow

Messages In This Thread
    God's grace lost and the devil is proud | any - by ithaca - 07-22-2016, 01:18 AM
    RE: God's grace lost and the devil is proud | any - by ithaca - 07-24-2016, 03:50 PM
    RE: God's grace lost and the devil is proud | any - by Odezsa - 07-25-2016, 05:37 PM