• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ANNOUNCEMENT: Regarding scars/cave initiation
    Per the recent changes enacted by Beqanna, all previous scars have been erased from the bodies of the initiated. Furthermore, the cave initiation process has been dismantled - the runes in which the magic once lingered still remain but they have zero magical properties, and have no ability to grants traits (such as wings, empathy or any other kingdom-granted trait). These runes must be protected. 

Any and all initiated prior to this change will be added to the board and may keep their points for completing the cave initiation, but there will be no further initiations from this day forward.

Anyone with kingdom-granted traits have been stripped of them, including Offspring.

If you have any questions, feel free to write them below or refer to The Warning posted by the Beqanna Fairy.

Thank you!

She was on fire last night and I was breathing gasoline.
    The cave.

He knew the daunting task was approaching him fast, but he didn't anticipate the drop in his stomach as the ice cave loomed in front of him. He watched one by one as they came and went and then - with a deep breath - he went too.

The cave was cold and prickly on his skin, a striking change from the tepid air outside. The sensation sends goosebumps along his spine as he picks his way through the cave. He walks and walks and walks and walks...
    Each step the lights dim some more, each step he's thrust even more into darkness.
    But ahead...just ahead? There's a soft glow, a warmth at the edge of the tunnel. If he just kept going...
    to the left and right are tunnels, but he ignores them ,perpetually heading to the light.

It seems like hours, days, decades and the light gets no closer. His legs are sore from walking, his neck aching from strain to look where he's going...he's a giant cramping beats. That's when he decides to turn to his left, down a side cave...and there, again, ahead of him is another warm glow.
    This goes on for more time that Pyro cares to admit.

So, he stops.
    He stands in the middle of the cave and looks up at the ceiling, at the ice forming long swords hanging from the top, glaring down at him. At first he pays it no mind, then he hears the noise. It's a distant rumble that makes the ice tinker overhead as it clangs together. He blinks in surprise, straining his head and neck to see above him...when they start to fall. It's slow at first, then all of a sudden, big clumps of ice - shards, bricks, whatever happens to break off. They plummet to the ground at breakneck speeds. Pyro waits no longer, he's back on his heels and running at a full on gallop.

Through this time the shards are hitting him, battering his skin, turning him into a horse pin cushion. Some pieces stick, others bounce and fall off, but hes perpetually followed.

He trips.
    His fall is both quick and long, the tumbling of childish limbs getting caught of themselves. He's still so young, such an adolescent, he cannot understand his legs in space and so he careens endlessly down a shaft that appears to have materialized from nowhere.
    At the bottom of the shaft he lands in a sickening heap of bones and dirt and more of those fucking icicles.

He's covered. He can't breathe. He can't move. He's afraid he's broken every bone in his body, every part of his back, until he's left with nothing but a rotting corpse. He admits his defeat then, closing his eyes, tears forming behind them.
    The cave found you unworthy because of who you are.
    The voice is in his head, but also all around him.
    The cave knows about your father. You'll be just like him, and they'll kill you for it.
    The tears come faster now, and he shakes his head to clear them away. Dust sticks to them, ice forms on them, leaving jagged scars along his medial canthus along his nose. They're rivers along his face, like constant tears. They'll stick with him forever - if he ever leaves.
    Just stay down here, with me. no one will find you out - they'll think you died. Maybe you will.
    Maybe I will...

But he doesn't.
    He stands, surprised that he's not dead. Surprised he can move each leg, each bone, flex each joint. He's standing, then, and the weight of the avalanche falls off him. He's moving, then, toward a light - not the warm glow from before, but the exit.

And outside he steps into the air, the sun barely moved from its initial position.
    He's alive.
    He's been accepted by the cave.

PYROCLAST
    So offy's and bryn's scars are gone too?

Will the ice wall border still be there?
    #English is not my native language.

Amorette - Gyps - Jinju - Kylin - Reeva
    All are only semi-active.
    The border remains as far as I know. Scars are all gone, and so are all kingdom traits. All of it.
    The ice wall was built by Brennen, so that still stands Smile
    Okay ^^ thats clear then. Will update Bryn's profile right away when I have my laptop!
    #English is not my native language.

Amorette - Gyps - Jinju - Kylin - Reeva
    All are only semi-active.
    Perfect, thank you @[insane]! Big Grin