• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Question.
    So, under the trait descriptions (I can't remember which page) it says that magic always mutates, but I'm confused by that because I have seen a few horses that have one magic parent who carry magic crossed with a TEGteg parent but don't express it? But the offspring ends up being tegteg [magic] or TEGteg [magic]?

I was under the impression that regardless, magic wouldn't 'carry' necessarily but mutate into a different trait? Is that only applicable to if expressed traits or rolled or would the 'carrier' trait be mutated too?

Trying to wrap my head around the different breedings. Big Grin

Thank you loves.
    PRAGUE - KIMBER - VAUGHAN
    I defer to @[Leah] & @[kahzie] (the gurus for this)... correct me if I'm wrong, but that might have been remnants of the early days when it was first rolled out?
    Magic should be mutating whether carried or expressed now Smile
    Sorry for the confusion!
    that was my understanding as well, that magic always mutated, so I'm sure a couple have just slipped through the cracks Smile
    [Image: Leah.png]
    I know there's cases where it's carried fully in some TEGteg horses (Like Perse, who's TEGteg [MAGIC] i think). And I think there are cases where it can be carried fully as magic, but will always muatte if expressed? I actually have no idea.
    ~*BQ magic*~
    Magic will always mutate if expressed Smile