• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  'I feel safe in darkness... because deep down inside... I'm a devil...' (Any)
    Neoma's head shot up fast as lightning, her ears forward and eyes alert as she focused on the paint stallion approaching her. Even though he seemed to be keeping a distance, he was still far too close for her liking. She took a step away so she went further into the water, lowering her head and flicking her tail a couple more times as she kept her eyes on him.

Who did he think he was, sneaking up on her like that? Did he care so little for her nerves that he was fully willing to give her a start, and probably not even apologize for it? This was why Neoma didn't really like hanging around other horses; they took no consideration from others, at least not from what she'd seen.

The mare stomped her hoof in the water a few times, letting the stallion know he'd better stay back or she would be quite angry (angrier, really). She noted the concern in his voice, but figured he was trying to play that card, the card of a caring horse, to entice her to go along with him. That false flattery, sympathy, whatever, wouldn't work on her. She needed a damn good reason to be enticed to come along with some horse, and finding such a reason to bring her along would not be easy.

Before Neoma could respond to the stallion's question, another horse arrived. This one was a filly, a young one by the looks of her, but her temper easily matched that of a mature mare. She nipped at the stallion as she came to join the two horses, introducing herself before explaining why she'd come here, and that she wished for Neoma to go with her.

Neoma's eyes narrowed in caution, her ears tilting back as she glared at both horses, "And what the hell can you do for me exactly? This wound won't heal without time; unless either of you have some sort of power to heal, or something equally as weird, it's gonna heal on its own."

For some reason, Neoma wondered why she'd said that. She'd had a weird feeling in her body ever since coming her to this land, like it wasn't natural. These two horses, they didn't seem natural. Something was just off about them... not in a bad way, but still...

"I'm not easily enticed," Neoma argued. "Give me a damn good reason to come with either of you to your homes, and I may actually consider it."

Messages In This Thread
    RE: 'I feel safe in darkness... because deep down inside... I'm a devil...' (Any) - by Neoma - 07-24-2016, 05:00 PM