• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  'I feel safe in darkness... because deep down inside... I'm a devil...' (Any)
    The painted stallion spoke first, though Neoma could tell the filly wanted to say something before he could. She narrowed her eyes before looking back to him, listening to what he had to say about his home. She didn't know what this place was really like, or if he was telling the truth, but a place where horses had to work to earn their place? Neoma knew nothing besides that; she'd always had to work to earn her own place in the world. If she even had one... if any horse like her had one...

Once he was done, Neoma's gaze shifted to the filly. She could tell the filly was getting more enraged with each second that passed, and Neoma resisted the urge to strike out at her. Why was she getting so angry? Neoma wanted to know about both places, to decide which one would be better suited for her.

The filly calmed herself before speaking of her friend again. Neoma watched her eyes drift over the other horses in the Field, so, for a moment, but still alert of the stallion and filly, she did the same. She could see that other horses looked different - very different - but not anything incredibly well from this distance. Neoma thought she spotted a horse with wings, but couldn't be entirely sure.

Whatever the case, the filly continued to speak. The only thing different between the kingdoms was that the filly came from one that didn't have any stallions. Neoma figured she wasn't implying that one gender was better, but a place where one gender was superior to the other? If there was one thing Neoma hated, it was one gender trying to proclaim themselves over the other, as if they were better. Herds, kingdoms, whatever, deserved to be equal.

She immediately knew her decision.

Neoma stepped away from the filly, turning her back on the stallion as she did so. She wasn't really standing near either of them, but moreso closer to the stallion than the filly.

"I am sure you are not implying mares are better than stallions, but a kingdom or whatever where only one gender precedes, as if they are better? I would never call a place like that my home, so I'd prefer it if you leave," Neoma stated, stomping a hoof, emphasizing that the filly needed to leave.

@[Jedi] @[Celeana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: 'I feel safe in darkness... because deep down inside... I'm a devil...' (Any) - by Neoma - 07-24-2016, 09:56 PM