• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Meeting Rulers (Topsail, anyone)
    Rael had left his family behind to venture through Beqanna to meet rulers and help his training improve and increase his knowledge of the realm. As he stepped to the border, he felt truly alone for the first time, finally being truly away from his known family.

"I'm here to meet the ruler, Topsail." He says, projecting his voice as best he could. He shifted his wait, slightly nervous, and listened for any sign of ambush or approach. He wondered what the leader would be like, looking to see more of the realm, and meet horses with different personas than he was used to currently.

@[Topsail]

I was in the darkness; so the darkness I became.

After the raid, she had returned to her kingdom a victor. A victor of her own battle, but their insolence had lost them so much more. It would be a slow rebuilding process, and she was careful to keep the fledgling wolf pups at her heels at all times. It was hard to tell if there was a change in them, but she nurtured them all the same. It was all she could do, and only time would tell if their doting had been for any kind of good. Beqanna was a fickle place, and it was just as likely they had wasted their time and the wolves would die all the same.

Heavy stomach swinging, she patrolled the borders. Her mind opened she pried through the darkness, searching for interlopers and wrong do’ers and any who didn’t belong. As the wolf at her side cried out, new thoughts reached her. They were of family and loneliness, easy to spot amongst the somewhat darker thoughts of her kingdom mates. When the young stallion spoke aloud, Topsail was not far from him. As she emerged from the trees she tilted her head, eyes sweeping over the unknown male. Though she lacked her lethal teeth now, she was still supremely confident. His presence didn’t worry her overly much, even in her pregnant state. “And you’ve met her.” she said coolly, though her mouth never moved. Instead, her voice was projected into his mind. “And what can the Valley do for young Rael Fire, from the Tundra, who has left home for the very first time?” Pregnant and somewhat irritable given their current situations, she wasn’t in the mood for beating around the proverbial bush.

Topsail

Queen of the Valley
    and you've met her intrudes upon my thoughts. I look slightly towards the source, and faintly hear rustling f a fellow equine. "Hello, Topsail. Should I still introduce, since you seem to know me?" I say quietly, having noted a slight annoyance in the voice. Flicking my tail gently, I turn towards the sound, where I think the queen of the Valley is.

I look about, before discovering a question I might want to ask. "I want to know some basic information about the Valley. As you said, this is my first time outside the Tundra. I wish to learn some knowledge about each kingdom." I say quietly, but carefully. I didn't want to strike the wrong impression, and turned slightly to the left nervously.
    @[Topsail]

I was in the darkness; so the darkness I became.

She wasn’t sure of the mares intentions, but they seemed innocent enough. Topsail knew Offspring well enough to know that if he himself were actually searching for information, he would come looking for it himself, and not send this timid kitten in his place. The girl also harbored no ill-will in her mind, though her heart was off limits to Topsails probing. So with that in mind, she offered the other a smile, though the lifting of her lips did not reach the honeyed depths of her eyes. It was a well-practiced art of hers, one she took great pride in. Take from them everything, but give them nothing in return.

With the half smile on her mouth, Topsail regarded the filly-mare carefully. So timid, so shy…so out of place in the Valley. The Valley had no time for meek souls; it was perfectly content to chew them up and spit them out again. Fortunately for Rael Fire, Topsail knew something of compassion. “Its fortunate for you that I know Offspring quite well, otherwise I would wonder if you weren’t a spy. Dangerous times to go exploring other kingdoms searching for information, child.” she admonished, clucking her tongue like a motherly hen. “If I did not know Offspring, I would hold you here as a spy.” It was the truth; anyone else would be meeting an uncomfortable fate. The grulla queen stepped forward, circling the young mare slowly. “That should tell you something about the Valley. We protect what is ours and we look after our own, especially in light of recent events. If you have any more questions, then I trust you’ll bring your king with you the next time, and I will be glad to answer then.” she said, a note of finality to her voice.

Topsail

Queen of the Valley
    Jumping slightly at being intruded upon inside her mind by the feminine voice of Topsail, she notes the tone of finality. She chooses her reply carefully, and inside her mind. "Thank you, Topsail. I can see questioning is foolish. I will go now, and keep recent events in mind." She thinks, pushing it to the front of her mind.

She turns to leave the kingdom, feeling more educated and enlightened. She would take visits like this much more seriously, and not as safe as she thought they were. She took her words - or thoughts - into mind; '..as a spy..' She remembers clearly, and turns back towards the queen and dips her head respectfully. "I will leave now, and not intrude again." She says out loud to the queen before she resumes exiting the kingdom.
    @[Topsail]