• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Do or Do Not, There is No Try-[Any]

Jedi couldn't help but laugh when Raxa asked if something was wrong with her laugh No, I've just never heard you laugh before, it was certainly nice to her he smiled, he much preferred the laughing Raxa over the one with a short temper and quick tongue.

She seemed in complete shock when he said he wasn't in love with Ashara, he could see how one would think that. I mean the two were always together when she was in the kingdom, they raised a foal together. None the less, she left and he moved on and was ready to find his mate, he wasn't get any younger. In fact he was starting to be an old man. He listened as Raxa spoke, asking why he only one one mate versus freely moving on with multiple mates. He gave a shrug It is not something that has ever interested me, dare I say I'm not the biggest fan of Archam with his herd of mares always coming in and out he gave a snort in disgust of the thought anyways, I don't need a bunch of children running around, a few with one mare is just fine. his idea of perfect family was unrealistic but he held hope out that he would fine one, one day.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk

@[Raxa]
    Raxa was a bit taken aback that Jedi thought her laugh was nice to hear. It was probably because he was simply so used to the side of her personality with the lashing hooves and the quick tongue. There were a lot of horses here who had never heard her laugh; if Raxa was correct, Jedi was the first to ever hear her laugh.

Raxa didn't mind joking around, she'd just never found a reason to before. Or rather, she'd never felt safe enough to let her guard down like that.

"I will admit, I'm not a fan of the idea of living with a herd stallion either. That life isn't for everyone, especially me, but it seems to suit my friend Anahi just fine. It's the life she wanted, and the life of having a lifetime partner is one that you want. To each his own, I guess. I don't think the life you want is impossible, or improbable. You've just got to find that mare that would be willing to share it. I admit, I thought it would be Ashara, with how often you two were together, but I guess even mares can be wrong," she joked, chuckling a little again before grabbing another mouthful of grass.

@[Jedi]

He gazed at the red roan who was taken aback by his statement, he can understand, him and Ashara were always together. He lowered his head to grab a mouthful of grass before returning to listen to Raxa as she spoke. She spoke of Anahi, Jedi believes she was the lead mare of Archams herd and that she liked the herd. It is normal for equines to have more than one partner, which is beyond fine but Jedi preferred to have someone he could dedicate himself to.

Jedi gave a sarcastic roll of his eyes when Raxa said even mares could be wrong followed with a laugh yea I guess so he extended his neck to gently nudge the mare on her shoulder do you want a herd life? he grew curious of the mare, she was in the kingdom but he never saw her show interest with another equine.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk
    That was another tricky question. Raxa finished eating the mouthful of grass she'd grabbed, lifting her head and looking away in thought. It was a question she'd often thought of, but at the same time, never really cared to bother herself with. A paradox really.

Letting out a small sigh, Raxa turned back to look at the paint stallion, surprised that she didn't shy away this time when he had nudged her, as she often would before.

"Herd life has never really suited me. Living among a bunch of horses being watched over by a stallion who thinks he can boss the mares around without being met with resistance, I'm not a fan of that. I'd rather stick with a couple of close companions of both genders, a group of friends, or a single companion. Living among mares and being bosses around, I would rather subject myself to the wolves of this land than a herd life," Raxa summarized, resisting the urge to spit with disgust at the mere thought of herd life.

Jedi gazed over Raxa who seemed tense about the subject and took her time to respond. Most of the kingdom members thought Raxa was mean or unkind, and he was guilty of being one but truly the mare had a wall up. Once you broke past the wall she was actually enjoyable to converse with.

He listened as she talked about herd life, she was not one for it, he nodded in agreement with her. He did not really talk to herd horses aside from Archam, and only because he had to with there shared position in the kingdom. Archam has gotten himself into quiet a mess, so he heard, but his herd matters were not the matters of the kingdom and Jedi did not care to  assist. Yea, I could never keep up with so many mares. You have to worry about all there feelings, and worry about them getting along. it honestly just seemed like to much to worry about.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk

OOC: sorry its so short DX
    "No kidding," Raxa quipped, blowing a little out of her nose to remove some of the dirt that had gathered there while she was grazing. "Never have I ever heard of a single herd where every mare living in it got along. Hell it was a miracle if any of them did considering they had foals sired by the same stallion."

"Then again," the mare noted, "Anahi does have to share Archam, but she's not the jealous type. That, and she's just got that friendly personality so you can't help but like her. That's probably what gives her an advantage with Archam's herd. The other mares aren't inclined to feel jealous of her because she never shows that emotion, even if her stallion sires several foals a season."

Rolling her eyes in a sarcastic manner after thinking of her friend, Raxa grabbed some more grass, eager to take a few more bites before she had to get going. She knew it was her turn for patrol coming up soon, but sooner than she thought.

Hearing the familiar call of a raven that lived in the territory, she'd begun using that to time when it was her turn to walk the kingdom's borders. Lifting her head, the mare looked out into the distance, seeing that she did have to get going if she was going to complete her round before it got too late. It was enough that she also had an evening shift, since she didn't really get a lot of sleep to begin with, but she wanted to have time in between her rounds so that she could rest a little.

Raxa's blue eyes scanned Jedi's own as she spoke up again, "I've gotta get going. My turn to go walk the border before it gets dark tonight. Perhaps I'll talk to you again soon."

The mare gave a friendly smile to the stallion before she reared up a little, her tapered head framed nicely by her flowing dual-colored mane. She took off at a gallop, heading to the edge of the border to begin her rounds.

OOC: It's no problem. It's a conversation post, they're supposed to be short.