• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the living are hungry; daena

the dead are gone, and the living are hungry.

It’s been some time since she last saw Daena.

It’s been a busy year for Lexa, what with the raid and her subsequent ascension to the throne. She’s been rushing this way and that, hurrying to attend to a myriad of duties … but it means that she’s neglected other things. Important things.

She decides to make amends and seeks out the roaned mare at the last place she’d seen her - the riverside. Lexa slips through the trees out onto the banks, brown eyes scanning about. She has no idea whether or not Daena likes the place as much as herself, but it’s first on her list of places to check. Seeing no sign of the mare, she raises her voice, calling out softly so as to not disturb the pack of capybaras playing in the shallows. “Daena, are you there?”

lexa

The black mare had been out and about since she had been accepted in the herd. She heard Lexa call and figured that she would be at the river side. She herself was very close by the beautiful place. She smiled softly at the other mare and said" I am here Lexa. I am sorry I haven't been around much lately." She had heard someone say that Lexa was now their leader.

Thankfully it looks like she’s picked the right place! A smile appears on the dark mare’s face as Daena appears around the corner. She takes a few steps towards the mare, still grinning. “Long time no see!” Daena apologizes for not being around much and Lexa shakes her head. “No, it’s quite alright. I’ve been quite busy myself. I’m sorry I didn’t try to find you earlier.” It’s been an interesting few months since being made queen. She’s been enjoying it though. “How have you been liking the Jungle so far?”

lexa

Daena smiled at Lexa and said" I have been walking the jungle taking all the lands qualities. I like the Jungle very much. It is fine my friend." She was glad to see the mare before her. She wasn't sure when to go out and try to find members to join.

Lexa’s smile widens, returning Daena’s own. “I’m glad to hear that you like it here, and that you’ve had the chance to do some investigating.” Her eyes briefly glance around at the surrounding territory, hoping that the mare has been able to visit more of the Jungle than this particular spot. “What’s your favourite place been so far?” She can think of some particularly nice hidden spots deep in the Jungle, but she doesn’t know if the mare will have dared to venture so deep into the uninhabited part of the kingdom. “And have you had the chance to meet any of the sisters yet?”

lexa