• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The drops of rain they fall all over [MALDARES]
    tidal waves they rip right through me
    Winter, yuck. Ivo wasn't a fan of the cold season, especially now that Father’s gifts were gone. What a shame, now he was left to shiver like any other commoner against the bitter bite of winter. This was only one of the things on a list a mile long for the boy to complain about, there’s not time for all the others. Today is another dreadful day, his winter coat just not thick enough for his liking as he walks stiffly through the pine forest. Most of the time Ivo could be spotted muttering under his breath, blue lips working though the words not audible to anyone not nearby. If only Father hadn’t angered the fairies, if only the fairies tempers weren’t so short, then, then he could be warm.

He frowned, indigo maw pulling down into an unflattering grimace. Stupid winter, why did it have to come and ruin everything? Who needed all this snow, who wanted all this ice? Even the majority of the birds had left, flown south he was told, a place that was apparently much warmer. How lucky birds, would that he could fly somewhere warm, Victra could if she wanted, why not him? He sometimes wondered what had been so special about his sister’s making, why she was the only one by their Mother with any sort of peculiarity. The only other that was special was Mortal but he wasn’t a full sibling and Ivo assumed his Dam had something to do with the older boys strange flight appendages.

Ivo, on the other hand, was a needy boy. Slight compared to his siblings, especially the ones born before him. The bay and indigo son had not inherited his Father’s drafty build but was instead sleeker like his dam, yet entirely more wiry and lean. He had no feathers to adorn his long legs, his chest was not broad and strong.  Ivo was the runt, more or less, a whiny child, hard to please and not terribly good company. That didn’t keep him from nosing his way into social gatherings, insistent that he be included, else he would tell Mother. This didn’t earn him many friends and he can’t say that he was perturbed by that either, he was probably not interested in being too many people's friends anyways.

He wandered through the Chamber, grumpy look in tow, searching for his siblings. Ivo wanted to make sure they were not having all the fun without him, or cozying up in the best cave or against the best mountain wall for warmth. Sometimes he had to invite himself to such gatherings, pushing his way in until they finally gave up and let him join. “Hello,” he called, tracing the edge of the mountain as his path. “Brother? Sister? I will find you…” he told them, and surely he would- he was not one to just give up, not when it came to getting his way.
    I V O
    Killdare and Malis

I'm sorry, I dont know him too well yet XD