• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

|| LIKE A MOTH DRAWN TO MY FLAME

Hell is on its way.
     Hell was rolling in like a rancid fog,
     And the world that we knew was raining blood.

Within the conditions of obscurity, did my tread exist - so quietly I prowled; a beast in repose. My eyes, my black and soulless eyes drifted along the highlighted specs of the night where the moon dispersed its filtered luminescence.

My night, my beautiful and mysterious night came to embrace my swarthy decay. The delicacy of her darkness hovered so sweetly over the spoiled flesh that deterred my own blackness. Black, she was so black and dark – and black – and beautiful. Thoughts cluttered my cognitive with the awe of my love. My sweet and dark black love who I can only capture for a specific amount of time. These moments with her were special, so special I just stood, emerald eyes closed in contentment as the use of sight was irrelevant.

As an ornament during the longest, most pure hours my love was present – I remained with the intentions of her staying longer than she should. I was eager to win her over with my loyalty, though, nothing seemed to impress her. When she is to part me, I lack the knowledge of her travel. I would follow.

Frustration over my own logic exerted from my physical being, air that sat for days pushed from my nostrils. If I could smell, I would explain the aroma of the stagnant filth that now surrounded the perimeters of my stance. Subsequently, deep rumbles resulted in periods of cackles from the disturbance of whatever else lied within the spaces of my rotted corpse.

My love. She does not leave me yet.

Here we are
     We knew the day would come.
     Those who slay together,
     Stay together in the end.

Who cares if hell awaits?
    We're having drinks at heaven's gate.

The golden creature rarely leaves the comforts of the Tundra passed dark. Things existed in the dark that outright frightens the mare. The childlike wonder that glows deep in the blue pools, glittering brightly. She can not hide herself from others nor does she try. Maribel was exactly who she chooses to be without giving any sort of consideration to the silly thought of others.

The Tundra princess. The golden angel. The first warm rays of light peeking over the very brim of new mornings.

But tonight...tonight she dares venture outwards to the Field. With the change of darkness, Mari cloaks herself in the richest of velvet with the simple change of her mind. Tassels hang at her side, dipped in the rick ink of deep sea creatures and tinged with blue. Her nails shine like polished obsidian in the pale moon's caress.

In this fashion is how Mari finds the hulk of a stallion. The young mare should pay better attention but at least she had not run right into him like she has done in the past with others. He is massive, towering over the mare (who's eyes are like dinner plates). "Oh! Hello there." A smile glides easily across her lips though she isn't sure if it's embarrassment or surprise...

Probably both.

"A rather beautiful night, I'd say, especially for a stroll. I'm Maribel." Now Mari is not like most other horses. She does see the stallion's form torn and decayed but truthfully she is much more fascinated by him than frightened. A slender limb pulls her closer as she i looking rather upward at him with bright blue eyes. "Are you okay? You seem okay...Sorry." A tangle of her smile goes completely lopsided on her face under the gaze of the large male. "Golly, it sure is a clear night." Mari peers up to a sky dappled by small fluffs of clouds...that statement backfiring slightly and she sneaks a look from the corner of her eyes, lobes moving to catch a reply...

...if he had one at all.

M A R I B E  L

I’m a King
    And you’re a queen
    And we will stumble through heaven.

My body was encased by a moist embrace; her presence appeared clouded and barely visible from my lid-cracked gaze. The dampish veil created a soggy sheen of blackness over my entire bristly being. The collection fell from my edges in a slow yet beautifully black fashion; over time pooling in my now gurgled awe. Slightly bothered, a rare moment of animation commenced to expend all visual obstructions. A thrust from the leg and a pivot to the neck appeased my view – I can now see her, my swarthy black eyes could blend with her existence; and it did so sweetly. 

Like a withered statue I simply stood. I stood without the need to blink or breathe – as I only needed her to exist. She was my everything - with her I stood fully engaged. I was aware of an approaching force as the atmosphere propelled a slight pressure to the gist of my flesh. My attention did not break; yet the muffled speech from my new company was hard to ignore.

beautiful night

As if this creature knew exactly what to say, my shadowed awe dripped ever so quickly to ‘it’. It was rather divine by surprise, with a body christened in color that was not essentially natural. It was odd – oddly pretty. My pretty odd new company.

Feminine tunes breached the dark tunnels of my skull. The outliers of my hearing were motionless as my new company’s speech was welcomed.

A rather beautiful night… .

She is. In her mysteriously dark black way. My thoughts intervened before recognizing anything else it had said. My concern over this was rather weak as I resumed my lustful tread to where the darkness seemed to crawl –  once satisfied of my new placement my vocals heeded a dry rumble,

”You know her?"

A cloud of settled debris christened my lips with an ashen powder – the excess polluting the once crisp air as my few words rolled into more…

”The night knows nothing of you…

My manners played as I snapped back to where I remembered a pretty sapphire spread of ribbons – yes. She was easy to find as the night contrasted her in a possibly jealous scowl. Instead, the highlight she disposed gave the creature an allure that appeased me.  My ogle grasped the unfettered sight of a girl so intensely; ultimately awaiting the slightest humor to confirm her loyalty. My judgement is as refined as my mental state. Unpredictable.

If there’s a light at the end,
    It’s just the sun in your eyes.

Quite truthfully, the young mare does not know what to make of the stallion. He is as though he is made of fire forged obsidian. Black and hardened...but brittle as well. He does not seem to truly see Mari before him or remark on her slight awkward humor.

He reminds her of the sleepy giants in stories that were told to her as a foal but her mother, Isle. Large creatures with a vast amount of cravings whether it be food, sleep, or drink. Blue eyes peer upward at the slivers that seem dulled to her existence but then the jaw creaks open and few words are produced. The mare moves in a practiced pivot (having already made things weird) to better hear the hulking stallion. Lobes are flickering between the low rumble of words and the sounds of the night that wrapped around their dark bodies.

Mari cranes to hear his words, the sour of the atmosphere was choking but the lass did not pull back. In truth, the stallion frightened her. Dark and looking far over her with pale pewter pools that seemingly wrapped their slender little fingers around her and held her tight by the mane. "Perhaps not." It is all she can murmur while in the grip of those eyes. Her own jaw slacking slightly despite the dank scent of mold and decay enveloping them.

"Oh, uh..." Mari gives her head a shake, the dark tresses whipping against her brow before she is able to regain her focus, her purpose of being there. "What's your name?" Perhaps her voice is to light, too feminine for him. Perhaps her eyes are too blue. The dark skinned mare remains cloaked in the black satin of the night as she still remains by the man with the silver eyes and the scent of death.

Maribel has begun to question if she, herself, was standing in the presence of death as she suddenly quivered against a chill in the spring breeze. The unnamed man makes her feel small, vulnerable. She faintly notices her skin prickling for some unbeknownst reason.

M A R I B E  L

I’ve had the poison
    Leak into my skin,

And it corroded my heart away.

My night swarmed into my awe; pupils soaking her blackness into an exaggerated state as my focus strengthened on my subject. I was aware of the girl’s concern, I felt her delicate bluish drops of eyes washing over me. I’ve received similar reactions before; I was not bothered or enlightened by it. I simply see it - and for a moment I want to question it; but my wonder was as fleeting as my beloved at dawn.

My limbs had no regard as they pricked into the ground; dragging my blighted mass over to face my company. My posture remained fixed for quite a moment before slumping my shoulders into a more eased slot. It was gratifying to see more of her with both eyes - I was able to catch her dainty lips part before attempting to communicate, if that is what her lovely sound was - a word.

A break of ignorance came over me as I replayed her lyrics in my mind. I did ask for her to continue her song. I did ask her of my night, and perhaps not. The moments between us seemed to prolong as my ponder tried to commence.

In a hurried heave,

Velis

My identification was a small token of respect for her presence; yet I was still captured in my selfish thought. I did not know what to make of this. I could not connect to this creature’s soul. As open it was before me - I could not grasp the girl’s story. She was not like me.

You are not afraid.

My broken chords articulated a statement with more effort than usual. Tell me how you came.. in a brief moment of movement from my lips, nothing but a slightly muted cackle exerted, to here.

My head slightly dropped to examine the ruined oxygen from the strange item of a girl here.. with night?.

My fascination over her was close to obsessive, my awe wanted to pry deeper inside, it was bothersome my words were restricted alone, and she would not understand it. I know this. My love cradled my temptations for now, my patience wore but remained firm.

Closing in on me,
    Dark night of my soul.

The mass of the stallion is without change. He towers like an ancient tree, always and forever. Mari can not look away as she struggles to keep her courage of what was to be expected. If he willed it, he could hurt her, break her. She swallows nervously, her throat dry and coarse. Limbs root the delicate frame to the land, obsidian limbs steadfast.

But it is when she thinks that he is about to snap like the anticipated crack of a gator's jaw, he surprises her. "Velis." Two little syllables to idealize such a horse. Two tiny syllables that help significance . Two little syllables that were capable of rolling off her tongue. "No, I am not afraid." The words are so light and so thin that they are almost cut from glass. The blue eyes continue to be swallowed by Velis' own.

"I found my way here...I don't typically venture very far after nightfall...but I decided to this eve." The statement is chopped by uncertainty and also a dry mouth. Mari shifts in the place she stands as she looks up to the stallion. "I came to offer you a home."

There.
    She said it.

It's like the words tumbled out in puzzle pieces and the young mare fought to assemble them properly in her head before she can speak. The chill of the damp night causes her to shiver against in her skin, rippling her form under the moon's watchful eye. "And you...Velis?" Mari is seeing passed the peel of skin, the seep of death. The stallion was not the devil in horse skin but an actual creature with thoughts, words, and possible feelings. Mari is surprised to feel a smile pulling her lips upward as she stands in his company, awaiting his reply.

M A R I B E  L

I’ve had the poison
    Leak into my skin,

And it corroded my heart away.

The strange groove of my neck provoked a stream of blackened decomposed matter. It spewed steadily through the cracks of my fangs, dribbled from my nostrils, and wept just beneath the cylinders of my eyes. It wasn't long before the air grasped it and converted the blackness into a thicker form; casually drying along areas that became neglected in time. This was a cordial occurrence that cycled within my lifeless body and oiled the corners of my being. This ultimately relieved the strains that death often presented.

Aside from the wretched pool that assimilated between my company and I; the blackness had retreated deep within my bowels; bloating my stomach with the rotted gases that procreated. Pruned flesh pores expanded between my thick black fur allowing the fumes to moderately expel a visible aura of my spoil. It moved with me, and in ignorance pushed it to the lady as I proceeded to step closer. Was it odd I wanted to touch her?

”Yes, Velis... “

She repeated it and I couldn't figure the reason as I stood so closely to her - this was my summoning, my identity - and these life forms call it a name.

Emerald foamed tongue flopped over as a sharp undertone breached my night's silence,

”How do I call you? Or what do I call you?”

The darkest moment of her fell before us - I was her creation and with all of my adoration I was at her entire will. All her blackness charmed my body; so well that my company wouldn’t notice how I crept closer and closer.  I appeared figureless as I floated inside of her.

”You wanted to be here.”

Every word was embellished with a gacking from the blackish buildup,

”That is how you decide, right?”

I had no humor or incantation to be a certain way to the pretty girl. I was simply informal to conversation.

”I wanted her, that is why I am here.” The tower of my posture softly collapsed to peer deeper into the sea that whisked so brightly in the creature’s eye. It was a dream; it lost me.

” What .. is “ I caught myself gawking ” … home?”

In a hurried rise, I didn’t want to lose her. I did not.

Her .. not her. Not my night.

This was rather deceiving as my night waned on – I knew she’ll soon be lost. Something comes over me, something that was very unfamiliar. I was a sort of at ease talking to the lass. This was interesting enough to deter me from my proverbial advocacy of the one who never stays. It might be a momentary feeling; but it was a feeling I allowed.

I found the simple disturbance of my company’s flesh an indicator she did not belong; yet the way she remained unmoved  and stayed – revealed there was more of her to unravel. This was a dark intrigue. Why does she stay?

Now let it bleed from me,
    I just want to see it come out.

Mari should be afraid. He is everything she isn't. He is the darkness while she, in her natural form, a rather bright ray of gold. He is tall, large in all aspects. His form extinguishes her like a looming thunderhead crsuhing out the summer sun.

Blue eyes widen as she seemed to be swallowed up against his mass when he is nearing her. Her own sense of smell, having once been offended, is now numbed and non occurring to her consciousness anymore. The darkness that is his being is surrounding her, collapsing all around her. He is asking what to call her and for a moment Maribel's mind whizzes and whirls in comprehension. "Maribel." It's all she can offer with her soft tongue and velvet lips. The melodic tones are low, a loud whisper in the damp night air.

He seems to take her breath, stealing it away like the vacuum of a black hole. The death keeper, darkness lover. He is closing the space between them till the glisten of green is touching the corners of his mouth, glinting deep in the flecks of his eyes. Mari can only nod when he stats that she wanted to be in the field. She continues to nod in response to the way she decides what choices she makes.

"Home. My Tundra." The crystalline words linger like lightning bugs on a summer drift. "If you were...interested-", she begins slowly, her eyes unable to look away from his, there are other horses. Many other horses. The Tundra is wonderful." Maribel's voice lifts slightly as she speaks of her home, drifting  between then.

It is only after she speaks that her gaze breaks the spell that has entwined them. She peers across the field to see the first warmth of daylight changing the spring fresh sky, changing from the endless black to the first few random strays of a waking sun.

Morning is upon them. Raw and new.

M A R I B E  L