Beqanna
The Seasons of life are ever changing. - Printable Version

+- Beqanna (https://beqanna.com/forum)
+-- Forum: OOC (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+---- Forum: Field (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Thread: The Seasons of life are ever changing. (/showthread.php?tid=26438)

The Seasons of life are ever changing. - KAMALI - 03-22-2020

The mid-morning air still held a bit of crispness from the changing of winter to spring as the stallion breathed it in galloping along the path in the direction to a new home, a new future, and a new start. When the cascading water can into view, Kamali slowed to a trot before coming to a halt as he reached the edge of the lake. With pricked ears, the stallion took in his new surroundings, Beqanna, a new place which was more beautiful than anything he could have imagine from the stories he had heard from his time as a bachelor. Kamali's nostrils flared before he released a snort, he moved his head to look at the water in-front of him. Lowering his muzzle the stallion's black and white mane fell forward covering his heterochromia eyes as he began to drink from the lake, the water was sweet and refreshing. When his thirst was quenched, Kamali turned from the water and walked to a shady spot under a tree to graze. The sun shine broke threw the leaves giving the sooty buckskin tobiano stallion dapples on his coat as he watched the other horses and grazed swishing his tail.

RE: The Seasons of life are ever changing. - Leilan - 03-23-2020

We got older and I should have known
that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
He finds himself in the Field more often than not, and it honestly shows on him that he doesn’t really like that development. He tells himself it’s necessary though. Lives through the stupid stares of other recruiters (he has just as much right to be here as they), or, more in particular, scowls. He knows his unique way of presenting himself and conversing with others - constantly testing them - is not appreciated by everyone.

That’s all part of the game, though. It’s not his fault if one doesn’t want to play.

The new scent - mingled with places he doesn’t know as Beqannan - is easily detected when he walks up to the water hole. The waterfall is just far enough away to be able to converse, a convenient spot in these quickly lengthening days; just cool enough from the nearby water and spray to be comfortable.

The ice-covered roan approaches the new stallion easily, stopping just short of a normal greeting distance. ”I noticed you’re not from around here.” He tilts his head, his eyes gleaming with an odd green tint that wasn’t there before, but he smiles more warmly after that. ”Name’s Leilan. I’m from the north - far as you can get.” he tells him, tail swishing idly. To be honest, he doesn’t want to talk ages about this land and that. He just needs one question answered. ”So, seeing as you’re here in the Field… who are you and what are you looking for in a home?”
Leilan
no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[KAMALI]

RE: The Seasons of life are ever changing. - KAMALI - 03-23-2020

Kamali lifted his head in the direction of approaching hoof steps. The younger stallion watched as the older came into view, he took notice to the ice covering the stallions roan coat. Kamali had heard stories that Beqanna was called home by hybrids, but he had not seen a hybrid since he was a young colt. Kamali's nostrils flared a small amount as he took in the scent of the other male who spoke of his origins.

"I have just arrived after a month's worth of traveling to make it here." The stallion said openly before adding " It is nice to meet you Leilan, my name is Kamali, We are almost opposites as I was born and raise in the south - as far was you can get." Kamali gave a smile. "I'm looking for a new beginning, I have been part of a bachelor heard since I was 3 years old, I enjoyed my time with my brothers learning and training, but now I want something more than being just a bachelor. I want to be part of a herd, I want to find a mare and start a family of my own, have something and be a part of something to love and protect."

To be honest, the ice is just the smallest thing that makes the gold-carrying stallion odd in the eyes of one who isn’t used to anything; but Kamali seems to take it okay so far. Oh, the odd things he’s gonna see.

His smile freezes a bit on his face as the male tells him he is a southerner, but then, figures that this doesn’t mean the other stallion won’t be able to handle the colder north. It’s a mindset more than a climate, at least so Leilan might argue. ”Well, the good new is that a new beginning is literally all I’ve got for you now.” the male grins a bit. ”The bad news being that it lacks the herd mares, as of yet. Perhaps you’d appreciate the challenge, though. We do have the room.”

A fly lands on his back, and the silver roan takes the time to swat it, simultaneously glancing towards the Field as he mulls it over. ”I’ve been thinking of giving the Isle a bit more... spice. Recently it’s been burned to a crisp, and I do feel like Beqanna owes us a bit for that move. So if you’re looking for an actual job instead of a retirement home... I mean, I can still show you other places if you don’t feel up for it.” He says just as much as he needs, he hopes - it’s not like he wouldn’t explain, but some might not appreciate the new tactics of feeding his residents. He shrugs. This guy has been in a bachelor group though. Some rough and tumble might just be up his alley.
Leilan

@[KAMALI]

Kamali smirked at the stallion's comment about not having any herd mare yet, but Kamali loved a challenge and it seemed to him that there would be challenges and adventures waiting for him if he chose to accept Leilan's offer. The younger stallions ears pricked forward at Leilan's words, it would be a lie to say Kamali didn't miss running in a bachelor herd. The fun they use, to have flirty with the fillies and even the mare-ish mares, the sparing, and the adventure. Kamali snorted before looking Leilan in the eyes "I could use a bit of entertainment" there was a spark in his eyes as Kamali was not one to back down from a challenge. "Where do I sign up, Boss?" He said with a smirk. Things were about to get very interesting for Kamali, he could sense it.

Perhaps he does have an eye for lost boys wanting to have what they had before - is it really strange that he had offered Ivo a similar new beginning? Perhaps he just finds himself attracted to the guys who represent who he used to be - when he was about Kamali’s age himself, newly returned to Beqanna at the time, and ready to take on the world. A little mutiny to regain the brotherhood.

”I’ll introduce you to some of the guys, and gals.” he grins. Yes, the spark in his eye - ready for adventure. Good! He’s gonna have some. ”Just don’t call me boss again. I hate titles. Makes me feel old.” He winks. He is old, true, but immortals shouldn’t keep check probably. Still. He knows he’s a grandfather by now, maybe even worse. He doesn’t really wanna know, come to think of it. Besides, he only hates titles because it drops the comradeship, not because of the titles themselves per say.
Leilan

@[KAMALI] I put him on the rank board (bc I was wrestling with the html of it anyway). Feel free to start a new thread in Icicle Isle! I can do it tomorrow too and tag you, but have to go sleep now ^^

Kamali chuckled at Leilan's comment about referring to him as boss. " Alright I will stick to just calling you Leilan." The younger stallion started to move out from under the shade of the tree revealing his sooty buckskin overo splashed coat and his heterochromia eyes, his left eye was a amber color while his right eye was a icy blue. Kamali felt ready for anything, to see where this new path would take him.

Do you mind posting? I'm just not sure where to begin lol