• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Lepis;
    again you’re gone, off on a different path than mine
    i'm left behind wondering if i should follow

Lepis has considered Castile’s offer. In truth, she has done little else in the time since her arrival in the craggy kingdom. For many long summer days she had wandered the red peaks and wound her way through the emerald greenery. The dun mare followed trails that had not seen an equine hoof in years, forging her way into the heart of the land until she was truly reassured, until she was finally able to relax in the knowledge that she is home. She is home.

Castile had given her space, Lepis knows, and time to contemplate what the future holds for her. When she crests a hill and sees him – tricolored and unmistakable – her heart lifts. The difference in their heights is no so vast as when she’d been a child, but the dun pegasus is always reminded of her own diminutive size when she stands this near her Uncle. She presses a nazy muzzle to the pointed tip of his golden facial marking for a moment before drawing back, and her bright smile is a mirror of his own. The space he occupies in her heart is somewhere between father and brother, a best friend and confidant that she has rarely been without.

“I have,” she replies.

This is not a stage of her life that she had ever expected to plan alone. And yet she has and feels all the better for it.

“And I think that Loess will do best under a single monarch.” The words are firm, and her bright smile has faded to something more somber, more appropriate for the weight of the things they discuss. “Though since I did take a demotion to come home, I don’t think a fancy title and a high rank here in Loess would be too much to ask?” She maintains that same inflection, though at this final request something of a spark returns to her pewter eyes and her striped brow raises curiously.

LEPIS
    i’m the one who sees you home--
    but now i’m lost in the woods

and i don’t know what path you are on

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    Lepis; - by Castile - 01-07-2020, 11:49 AM
    RE: Lepis; - by Lepis - 01-08-2020, 10:29 PM
    RE: Lepis; - by Castile - 01-16-2020, 03:00 PM
    RE: Lepis; - by Lepis - 01-16-2020, 11:54 PM
    RE: Lepis; - by Castile - 01-29-2020, 12:47 PM
    RE: Lepis; - by Lepis - 01-29-2020, 10:58 PM